Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 07:27 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,432,982 times

Advertisements

pnwguy2, I will help you get this thread back on track or the important info in the development thread or wherever you think the information wI'll do the most good. There are important population projections and the info from TRIDEC that I think are important to current and future residents. I especially want to review TRIDEC data more closely.

But for now, it sure looked great to see Washington opposite of Alabama for a bowl game I wouldn't call those "AL kin" I did when Utah beat The Tide in the Sugar Bowl for that game, but I might send them a postcard to watch. I'd love to see that match up . The possible Ohio State vs. Utah pairing would be an interesting game on many levels. Urban Meyer coached at Utah. Kyle Whittingham worked with and then succeeded him. Rumor has it the two still talk fairly often.

The polls were fine. I was happy to see both CO and WSU there as well. ESPN's article gave UW some love, which is good, IMO. I do think WSU isn't getting credit they deserve.

The Hawks today......what was up?

I believe the Indians will put the World Series away tonight, or soon. So here is something new to consider:

https://www.influenster.com/article/...state-by-state

I'm going to post that in the Seattle forum. I know I should post in WA, but it won't be seen as much as Seattle. Besides, as we all know, there are some strongly opinionated people who post there. Some comments are more unusual than others. The Seattle thread can be entertaining

Happy Halloween

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 07:54 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
I have a question about the Hawks, who should be playing momentarily. In theory, if the Hawks and Cardinals end up with an identical record, how would the tie be counted? Meaning how would it be decided which team should be a playoff contender with a higher ranking should they end with the tie? Usually it's whichever team won their game. But that isn't possible with a tie.

MSR - if SEA and AZ end up with identical record, they'll look at how the two teams did against each other. And they'll look at how they did against their division, conference record, etc. They may even go to points for and against. They've got a distinct method of finding out who will advance and it involves criteria like that. They'll break the tie - and it won't even be hard to do it.

Today's game was marred by atrocious refereeing. I can't believe the calls against Seattle and the non-calls that should've been called against New Orleans. Britt's hold was...nonexistent. And Pete was about to blow a gasket over the New Orleans WR's push-offs just beyond the line...happened several times. The ref's flagged Seattle 10 times to New Orlean's being flagged once. Does that sound fair? The ref's made a joke out of the game. I can honestly tell you that, without the ref's obnoxious interfering in the game by just being there, Seattle would have definitely won the game today.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I have a question about the Hawks, who should be playing momentarily. In theory, if the Hawks and Cardinals end up with an identical record, how would the tie be counted? Meaning how would it be decided which team should be a playoff contender with a higher ranking should they end with the tie? Usually it's whichever team won their game. But that isn't possible with a tie.

MSR - if SEA and AZ end up with identical record, they'll look at how the two teams did against each other. And they'll look at how they did against their division, conference record, etc. They may even go to points for and against. They've got a distinct method of finding out who will advance and it involves criteria like that. They'll break the tie - and it won't even be hard to do it.

Today's game was marred by atrocious refereeing. I can't believe the calls against Seattle and the non-calls that should've been called against New Orleans. Britt's hold was...nonexistent. And Pete was about to blow a gasket over the New Orleans WR's push-offs just beyond the line...happened several times. The ref's flagged Seattle 10 times to New Orlean's being flagged once. Does that sound fair? The ref's made a joke out of the game. I can honestly tell you that, without the ref's obnoxious interfering in the game by just being there, Seattle would have definitely won the game today.
Honestly, elkotronics, I missed part due to the London coverage. IDK if every market saw London overtime or just some. Then I had unexpected guests for a while. I don't know many specifics of the game today. I was surprised when I finally could watch it at the score. Maybe I got this best deal today to not have to watch bad calls.

Also, thanks for explaining the tie part. It's what the NBA would do but I wasn't sure for the NFL.

MSR

Old 10-30-2016, 11:58 PM

I think it could be very difficult to go to work in metro Chicago tomorrow. Cubs fans could be intense in a Chicago-specific way

MSR

Old 10-31-2016, 08:56 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
I think it could be very difficult to go to work in metro Chicago tomorrow. Cubs fans could be intense in a Chicago-specific way

MSR

They're going to be a happy bunch! I am glad to see them pick up another victory and extend the Series.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:39 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,866,194 times
Sooo.... I too love sports but this thread is about Tri-Cities 2040. I appreciate the sports mentions, and even I added a sports post here but in the end this thread is about the Tri-Cities in 2040.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities