Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 06:29 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times

Advertisements

Please place your knowledge of new development in the Tri here.

A couple of notes from recent projects:

New upper end apartments are underway near Anthony's on Columbia point. This pretty much fills in that area of Columbia point but there are still available parcels to the north.

Southridge continues to grow as a new shopping center is under construction just south of the Hampton Inn. There is a new fast food place to open soon nearby I believe to be a Taco Bell and there should be another hotel announcement soon.

Speaking of Southridge the next phase of development of some 1000 homes has begun. This will eventually fill in the area between I 82 and Southridge. Already there is development out west on I 82 just south east of the I 182 interchange.

Pasco continues to expand especially west of road 60 with new RV development and infill housing.

Richland continues to grow on the southside with Queensgate planning on new businesses within the next year including mattress firm and some food outlets. I do find it interesting that except for one large complex there is little residential going up around Queensgate. However a new hotel will be opening soon right off I 1 82.

Can't forget vista, The former Kennewick small plane airport that is going to be developed into a major commercial residential area if voted for this fall.

The Growth does not seem to be letting up. Please add your information and comments to this thread.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 10-17-2016 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 09:40 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Please place your knowledge of new development in the Tri here.

A couple of notes from recent projects:

New upper end apartments are underway near Anthony's on Columbia point. This pretty much fills in that area of Columbia point but there are still available parcels to the north.

Southridge continues to grow as a new shopping center is under construction just south of the Hampton Inn. There is a new fast food place to open soon nearby I believe to be a Taco Bell and there should be another hotel announcement soon.

Speaking of Southridge the next phase of development of some 1000 homes has begun. This will eventually fill in the area between I 82 and Southridge. Already there is development out west on I 82 just south east of the I 182 interchange.

Pasco continues to expand especially west of road 60 with new RV development and infill housing.

Richland continues to grow on the southside with Queensgate planning on new businesses within the next year including mattress firm and some food outlets. I do find it interesting that except for one large complex there is little residential going up around Queensgate. However a new hotel will be opening soon right off I 1 82.

Can't forget vista, The former Kennewick small plane airport that is going to be developed into a major commercial residential area if voted for this fall.

The Growth does not seem to be letting up. Please add your information and comments to this thread.
Well darn, pnwguy2. I only know things about PNNL and a couple of other businesses.. You and I like to post about this stuff. Others may not enjoy it as much as you and I do. Of course those are just my observations based on lots of posts I've both written and read. I could be wrong

I think there are other "economic drivers" that could be much more pronounced within a few years. But I don't know if you want others to post here about those or in the 2040 thread.

BTW, what new hotel will be opening? I find it interesting which development groups are developing which brands.

Thanks.

MSR

Old 10-24-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Well darn, pnwguy2. I only know things about PNNL and a couple of other businesses.. You and I like to post about this stuff. Others may not enjoy it as much as you and I do. Of course those are just my observations based on lots of posts I've both written and read. I could be wrong

I think there are other "economic drivers" that could be much more pronounced within a few years. But I don't know if you want others to post here about those or in the 2040 thread.

BTW, what new hotel will be opening? I find it interesting which development groups are developing which brands.

Thanks.

MSR
The new hotel in the Queensgate area of Richland will be a home2suite by hilton.

Yes, I like living in areas that are growing. It invigorates me to see the progress and the jobs that it creates.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
The new hotel in the Queensgate area of Richland will be a home2suite by hilton.

Yes, I like living in areas that are growing. It invigorates me to see the progress and the jobs that it creates.
Is that a Gardner Development project? Gardner has some percentage of the hotel, I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated, Did construction start yet for the WSU-TRI-CITIES student housing? I think the 800 units are being built in phases. It appeared ~ 140 units are in Phase I.

MSR

Old 11-01-2016, 12:55 PM

This isn't "new development" but these projects tend to spark other businesses.

Fred Meyer in Richland is going to be remodeled.

MSR

Old 11-01-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:

It's Thackeray Garner, right? Duh, it took me a while. The Richland property, along with two in OR and one in HI seem to be Thackeray Garn's first efforts in the PNW & HI. The Richland property is suppose to have 118 rooms.

Well I was 1/2 right before that should count for something

The Home2Suites are very popular in other locations. There must be an area in the standard design for the building to customize a designated space on the first floor. I've seen some put a small fast food and others different things kids vs. teens would like and others more workout etc. equipment in that space. It all depends on how well the developer knows the area and who they want as guests.

As for growing areas, I agree. But I like them planned so not just any business can build next to another. As a wise person said, "There is no such thing as the status quo. If an area isn't growing then it ultimately is getting smaller."

MSR

Old 11-03-2016, 05:14 PM

As for WSU student housing I will report back when I get to that part of town. The home2suites is nearing completion and will be the only hotel for the time being in that Queensgate part of Richland. Plus it is right on I 182. The Fred Meyer in Richland is definitely older and the layout is somewhat odd, probably very much overdue for a remodel.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:09 PM

Didn't see any evidence of WSU Tri-Cities new student housing today. However I did see more buildings under construction on a residential apartment complex nearby that is likely not associated with WSU. This complex is more upper end and seems to be doubling in capacity in the past six months.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:21 PM

There seems to be a lot going on in West Pasco recently. I'm out to explore tomorrow. Will check back in.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:54 PM

West Pasco update: Continued growth of single family houses, especially in some of the newer developments such as Quail Bluffs, Eagle Crest Estates, and Archer Estates, all just north of Burns Rd. Down toward Sandifer Parkway a compact new development continues to fill in at Road 90. The Majesta Place residential development continues to grow. In the same neighborhood, a new office complex is under construction...looks to be the largest office development in West Pasco. Also Russ Dean RV looks to be ready to break ground on the south side of Sandifer. And Broadmoor RV has announced yet another expansion. Looks like the RV industry is doing quite well in the Tri.

On a personal note, when I did some work for the minor league baseball team in the mid 90's, West Pasco hardly existed. There were a few farm roads, some scattered homes, but that was about it. What a change in 20 years. You can see this in the population increase of Pasco from 1990 to today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities