Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 7,802 times

Advertisements

I have experience most of the above mention resturants.

Katya's is in Richland and I personally like the intimate setting, the chairs are not comfortable. The sevice has been slow the two times I have been there. The food has been excellent. The chilean sea bass was awesome.
Food A
Service C
Presentation B+
Atmosphere B

Tagaris -- in all fairness to them I have only been there for lunch and appetizers a couple of different times. The food is definately better than the wine! The atmosphere and the waite staff are excellent! A little pricey. I will keep an open mind and try them for dinner. The decor is NICE.
Food A-
Service A
presentation B
Atmosphere A

Anthony's -- We have eaten at Anthony's more than the others. It has been very good and very mediocre. I grew up on Puget Sound and fish commercially in Alaska so I do know seafood. I agree with Moon Waffle the west side has our Anthony's beat. They are one of the only resturants in Tricities that doesn't over cook there calimari. LOVE the boat access!
Food B-
Sevice B
presentation B
Atmosphere B+

Cedar's-- I moved to this area 7 years ago. We ate at cedar quite often. The food was good the salad bar was good(Never Great) I have not been back to Cedar's in at least 14 months. The calimari was always over cooked, I sent it back and suggested they just brown the calimari, the waitress returned and said it is prefrozen not fresh so they need to cook it that long- CANCEL THAT ORDER! My mother inlaw got sick after we ate there, we called and the manager he was unsimpithetic "this is the 1st we have heard of anyone getting sick" It was definately FOOD related! Cedars quality suffered noticeable 3 years ago and there prices went up! I don't know if they went thru ownership change or ?? We gave them plenty of chances, but I am DONE with Cedars they will not get my business EVER again.
Food C+ to F
Service B-
presentation C
Atmosphere C (Very old School) in need of a remodel, great location

Bonefish-- We have had good meals at bonefish, the band bang shrimp and calimari are good appetizers. Over all quality of fish is good to excellent. We have taken our family there a few times and it is very family freindly! A little loud for an intimate night out. My wifes steak was way over cooked, she sent it back the wait staff and the manager perked us an appetizer, the 2nd steak was perfect. Bonefish is consistent.
Food B+
Service B
presentation B+
Atmosphere C+

Bella Italia-- Never been here will try it soon and let you all know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 07:36 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
Bella Italia is pretty good; we went there a couple of times at the old location. Definitely want to try Tagaris, as Apollo hardly counts as Greek food by my reckoning.

Doesn't surprise me our Anthony's can't measure up to the westside. In seafood, freshness really counts, and theirs is pretty much always going to out-fresh ours.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:11 PM

14 posts, read 46,944 times
Hi,

My husband and I are sitting in our hotel room at the Red Lion in Kennewick and wondering where we can eat tonight that has good food and not a chain restaurant.

There are only about 2 suggestions seen on this listing that are not chains that hold a promise.

We live in Melbourne,,FL which is not know for it's haute cusiine, however we do have a variety of restaurants from mom and pop thai, great japanese (not steak houses), a few continental cuisine, a few good steak and seafood restaurants with views, a number of real vegetarian restaurants, good all around american food sports bars that have a fairly extensive menu (not just fried or burgers), a great irish pub with a huge menu, fair prices and of course great brews on tap, inexpensive tasty mexican restaurants, approx 2 xlnt german restarants and the list goes on.

South Brevard county which includes Melbourne, Palm Bay and the beaches has a population of approx. 200 - 350 K. We are a little over an hours drive from Orlando. When we moved to the area over 10 years ago we thought we were in a restaurant funk. However, seeing what the Tri Cities has to offer, Melbourne appears to be more like San Francisco and the Tri Cities unfortunately is more like Palmdale, CA.

We had hoped with this being an extension of the wine center for Washington there would be at least a few non-chain restaurants with good cuisine, you know like Napa Valley? Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case.

I guess we won't have much choice for dinner this eve.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM

Well, you kind of waited until there wasn't much time.

I suggest going down near the SR 240 interchange to Cinco de Mayo. Consistently good Mexican food. You could almost walk to it.

For fancier dining, you might head over to Clover Island, just north of downtown Kennewick accessible from Columbia Drive.

Failing that, you could explore. Or you could just head across the street to Shari's and grouse about what a cultural wasteland you're stuck in for the evening.

As for Palm Bay, I own property there. From the photos I've seen, you couldn't force me to live there at bayonet point. Orlando is ten times worse--talk about cultural wastelands. I can't wait until the economy rebounds there so that I can flip the lot and never enter Florida again at any time for any reason.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
JKK offers some good choices - here are a few more: Come on up 240 to Richland, on the right just past Winco you will see Katya's Bistro, really very good, somewhat Eastern-European inspired food.

Or you can turn in next to Winco, go on down that road to Anthony's - technically it's a chain, but very high quality food, particularly seafood. They stay busy for a reason.

Another possible alternative would be Avalanche, on the Jadwin side of the Uptown strip-mall in Richland. Just a little south of them is Emerald of Siam, good Thai food. Also Uptown Deli, I think they do dinner, they have a good lunch. Or Thai Spice, closer to you in Kennewick.

Over in Pasco, try Garibaldi's, they have an excellent lunch buffet.

Or, go whole hog, call up Blue Moon on 582-6598, a hidden gem of the Tri-Cities.

On Clover Island you have Cedars and the Clover Island Inn, I have tried Cedars and they are good, also specializing in seafood.

Apollo is a very good Greek restaurant in Richland, ask the people at your hotel for a map, it's essentially off of Lee Blvd in Richland. In this same general area, Atomic Brewpub and Monterosso's, both have the same owner, similar but Monterosso's is a bit more upscale.

Take a look at the restaurant guide in the phone book - there are quite a few good non-chain restaurants around here.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Over in Pasco, try Garibaldi's, they have an excellent lunch buffet.
I used to really like this but have grown disenchanted with it on recent visits. I'd be interested to know if you've been there recently and experienced something different--I hate to write it off, because we don't really have many Mexican buffets around here that I know of.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:50 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Actually, it's been more than a year. I'll have to give it another try, although, probably if you think they have let the quality slip you are right...For no particular reason this makes me think of one unpretentious but excellent Mexican buffet in Greeley, CO...wow they were good, and cheap too...

Offhand, maybe my highest recommendation in the Tri-Cities would be Katya's. Never had even a mediocre meal there.

If you want to get a little out of the Tri-Cities proper, go out to the Benton City exit of I-82, head North, go around a couple of bends, and you will see Bella on the right, good Italian food.

Not to be confused with Bella Italia of Kennewick, a completely separate business, they moved recently so get directions from the hotel, they are good too.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 10,123 times
Wink Monterosso

Monterosso has great food and a close in encounter in an Antique Rail car. The location is hard to find, but the food is good enough that I can over look the small cozy atmosphere and bathroom to go back again!

Old 07-20-2010, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,702 times
Default My Favorite[s]

Atomic Ale - Brew Pub and Eatery
This restaurant is amazing. Very nice atmosphere, family friendly, and GREAT food. I would recommend to anyone living/visiting the Tri-Cities. It is located in Richland on Lee Blvd. It houses some very interesting Tri-City history, and they brew their own beer!

Food- A+ (Drinks also A+)
Atmosphere- A+
Presentation- A
Service- A+

Monterosso's Italian Restaurant
Also located in Richland (right across the street from Atomic Ale). This restaurant is housed in an old, classic train car. Very friendly service. Each table is waited by a different individual. So you really can connect with the server. It is rather small though, so you might want to grab a babysitter for the kids.

Food- A
Atmosphere- A- (it is a little on the quiet/romantic side)
Service- A+
Presentation- A+

Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 AM

17 posts, read 84,514 times
Meh I was less then impressed with Cedars, Anthony's is far better for service and prices.
I was also very unimpressed with Tagaris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities