Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2018, 10:21 AM

100 posts, read 386,751 times

Advertisements

Possibly of moving from the south for a potential job in the Richland area.

Just browsing through the Tri-Cities forum to try get a feel of the area. Was told to look around S Richland, can't find any apartments that have good reviews. They all seemed to have issues with paper thin wall with noise issues, and/or management companies that only want to deal with your wallet.

Any locals who can give some recommendations? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 09:40 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Also check North Richland, home of many apartments. West Pasco, as well.

Tri-Cities is really no different than other areas when it comes to apartments. Noise issues are always going to be there. Of course, there are some basic tips. Always try to find a ground floor apartment with nobody above, or a top floor apartment. This is really important for noise issues.

Rents are high because the area is growing. You might want to check into rental homes as well.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:38 AM

31 posts, read 28,507 times
It took me a full 3 months to find somewhere to live when I was hunting for an apartment from out of state. I wish you the best of luck!

I saw in article in the local paper explaining why this is a thing.
The Mid-Columbia's growing economy is making it harder to find a place to live | Tri-City Herald

Old 05-05-2018, 07:47 PM

Yes, Wendy Culverwell does a good job of covering growth for the TCH. She nails it here, again.

The interesting thing about all this growth is that this time around there is no end in sight, where in past decades there were ups and downs. Could be a diversification of the economy, plus an inbound growth from more expensive areas.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:46 PM

6 posts, read 10,527 times
Default Apartment recommendation

Hi,

We live in a 2BR 2 BA at Bellavista in South Richland and love it.
The walls are thinner than a home, but overall the complex is very quiet. There is a 1BR 1BA with a loft (Laredo is the name of the unit) where you only have neighbors on one side. There are garages below you and
only 2 units together. The 2BR units are like condos, so lower density for an apartment complex.
There is a complex across the street, The Villas at Meadow Springs, that also looks nice.

Diane

Old 05-08-2018, 11:01 AM

100 posts, read 386,751 times
Thank you all for the replies. I guess our best bet is to look around once we arrived.

Thanks Dianejames. Bella Vista is one on the list, and it's great to get your opinion since you are there now. We are likely looking for 2B/2Bath as well in case any family come visit. We really don't mind the rent $, just want to make sure it is at least with good management, less nuisance and not overly outdated apartments (i.e. appliances, bathrooms, etc.)

Anyone has any infor on Tapteal Apartment, Waters Edge or River View? We like the idea they are close to the river, any pros and cons?

And this is silly question, are there any flash flood areas we should be avoiding?

Old 05-08-2018, 01:19 PM

6 posts, read 10,527 times
Bellavista has older apartments where we live (14 yrs or so) and newer apartments in Bellavista East that have granite countertops. We like it so much we are planning on staying long term.
The management and maintenance people are excellent, and some staff live on grounds.

Flooding might be an issue near the Yakima River but the bigger issue is really fires in the summer from Central WA and OR.

The best thing to do would be to come visit. We looked at all the places near the river, but chose South Richland as we like the area better, and I think the crime is lower.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehag View Post
Thank you all for the replies. I guess our best bet is to look around once we arrived.

Thanks Dianejames. Bella Vista is one on the list, and it's great to get your opinion since you are there now. We are likely looking for 2B/2Bath as well in case any family come visit. We really don't mind the rent $, just want to make sure it is at least with good management, less nuisance and not overly outdated apartments (i.e. appliances, bathrooms, etc.)

Anyone has any infor on Tapteal Apartment, Waters Edge or River View? We like the idea they are close to the river, any pros and cons?

And this is silly question, are there any flash flood areas we should be avoiding?
Flash floods are extremely rare in Tri-Cities. Occasionally there is some heavy rain, and it pools, but rarely causes major problems. The Columbia and Yakima used to flood occasionally back in the day, but for the most part the dams control this today.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:16 PM

More information: Today the media is making some noise that the new ped/bike trail on the Yakima in West Richland has flooded. Not sure what is going on here. The Yakima tends to get high almost every year in the Spring. Perhaps they built this new ped/bike trail too low? Or they built it with the idea that it would flood occasionally, but no big deal. Not sure.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:11 PM

226 posts, read 303,197 times
I spent about 15 months at the Villas at Meadow Springs back in '07-'08. I liked the apartments a lot. I paid roughly $900 for 2bed 2 bath (I think, it might have been $800). I'd assume they are more expensive now. Only issue I had was that rent was due by the 4th instead of the 5th like literally every other place on Earth. Once that was cleared up I never had another issue. Ended up moving out of the area but likely would have stayed if I didn't end up moving.

The apartment was very quiet. I was on the bottom level, it was half below-grade. It kept very cool in the summers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities