Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 11:48 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

I am looking at applying for jobs at PNNL and I was wondering what are housing prices are like there? What is it like working at the PNNL? Are there small aircraft airports in the area where people can rent out hangar space to store and fly small private aircraft?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 02:53 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Well. I would say housing prices are "moderate" - depends on what you want. The old letter houses from Manhattan Project days are pretty cost-effective.

I have been at PNNL since shortly after the invention of dirt (I was in on that) - it's a great place to work, PROVIDED you are "up to" taking care of yourself in terms of finding work, and building an internal network. It is pretty close to a "performance only" type work environment, by that I mean it's not important to put on any kind of show, it does not matter much what you wear, but, in your technical specialty, you have got to be good.

I would suggest looking at real estate in Richland, and/or out on Horn Rapids Road, so as to avoid what traffic jams we do have here. If you follow the herd and go to Kennewick or the southernmost parts of Richland, or the new areas in Pasco, expect to be accompanied by that herd on your commute. Benton City is semi-rural, and it's a straight shot on mostly State highways from there to PNNL.

There is a general aviation airport in Richland, over on the west side of town. I am not certain about hangar space. There is one guy with a Texan at Richland. There is an excellent little soul food/cajun restaurant at the Richland airport right under the tower. Likewise Prosser has a general aviation airport, if you are a really dedicated pilot, you could go to Prosser and find or build a house quite close to the airport.

What is your specialty as a worker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities