Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 05:50 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times

Advertisements

Technically Anthony's is a chain, but they don't do the obnoxious things most chains do, went there on Saturday, had fried trout, really very good, unlike some "fine dining" places the portions are ample, if not huge. They are not cheap, but IMHO offer better value for the buck than many places that are cheaper (but not near as good).

Saturday evenings you really do need to call ahead for reservations, unlike most high-end restaurants that have tried and failed in TC, they had a really good crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Technically Anthony's is a chain, but they don't do the obnoxious things most chains do, went there on Saturday, had fried trout, really very good, unlike some "fine dining" places the portions are ample, if not huge. They are not cheap, but IMHO offer better value for the buck than many places that are cheaper (but not near as good).

Saturday evenings you really do need to call ahead for reservations, unlike most high-end restaurants that have tried and failed in TC, they had a really good crowd.
Yeah, we like Anthony's. Pretty hard to beat huckleberry slump as a dessert, and they tend to do a good job overall. Going there pretty soon in fact. It may be a chain, but it's not quite the same chaininess as, say, a Chili's. Wife is real fussy about who cooks her seafood (Alaskan gal) and about the only thing she wants at Red Lobster (speaking of chaininess) is the king crab.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,640 times
Best Burger place... Bob's Burgers

Best Seafood.... Bonefish

Best Sushi.... Sushi Ya

There are a ton of small authentic Mexican places.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,529 times
O'Henry's in downtown kennewick... icon of the Tri-Cities

Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,464 times
Where can you get good wiener schnitzel in the Tri-Cities?

Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibberm View Post
Where can you get good wiener schnitzel in the Tri-Cities?
I'm not sure you can, if you mean up to the standard of a good German style restaurant.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM

244 posts, read 1,227,543 times
Our fave chinese place is Shanghai off Clearwater in Kennewick. My fam of 7 can eat there for about $20! They are fast and very nice. Most of the people there know us by name and always ask where my parents and sister are when we don't all go together!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 AM

16 posts, read 58,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpowell1 View Post
Best Burger place... Bob's Burgers

Best Seafood.... Bonefish

Best Sushi.... Sushi Ya

There are a ton of small authentic Mexican places.
Have do disagree with best burger place. Bob's Burgers has the worst burgers in the Tri-Cities as far as I'm concerned. Just went for the FOURTH time last night and it was a huge dissapointment. GREAT fries, though. Awful burgers.

Best Mexican Joint in town is Isla Bonita (so glad they're back in business!) and it's not really close.

Best Thai place is Thai City in West Richland, worth the trip.

Best Sushi is definitely Sushi Ya.

I'm also surprised so many people here recommend Casa Mia. It looked like exactly the sort of place I could go for when I first got here and 3 small, undercooked, overpriced plates of food later I promised myself I'd never go back. Best italian in town is Carmines, and it's also not close.

Overall, though, food in the Tri-Cities is just not very good. I am reminded that of that everytime I eat anywhere else.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 PM

Yeah, like I posted, Tri-Cities is not exactly San Fran. I will have to check out Thai City, so far I have liked The King and I pretty well, and they have a decent buffet for lunch. More from the standpoint of variety and being quick, than for the opportunity to pig out.

What is it you don't like about Bob's Burgers? Technically, they are a chain, but it's a small regional chain as far as I know, and they are like Anthony's in not being that "chainy".

Really, I don't think there is an objective "best" Mexican restaurant in town. There are so many that are good to excellent, it depends on one's personal taste - Isla uses a good bit of certain spices, friend of mine never liked it as he didn't like that specific spice taste.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:25 PM

16 posts, read 58,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Yeah, like I posted, Tri-Cities is not exactly San Fran. I will have to check out Thai City, so far I have liked The King and I pretty well, and they have a decent buffet for lunch. More from the standpoint of variety and being quick, than for the opportunity to pig out.

What is it you don't like about Bob's Burgers? Technically, they are a chain, but it's a small regional chain as far as I know, and they are like Anthony's in not being that "chainy".

Really, I don't think there is an objective "best" Mexican restaurant in town. There are so many that are good to excellent, it depends on one's personal taste - Isla uses a good bit of certain spices, friend of mine never liked it as he didn't like that specific spice taste.
Well, there are two things about Bob's Burgers that are silly but drive me crazy - they build their burgers backwards (patty on top) and use chopped lettuce. The actual taste, however, is simply very underwhelming and their idea of medium has been way off both ways everytime I've gone. Just very forgettable compared to what I can do at home.

I always joke that all the Mexican restaurants in the Tri-Cities are interchangeable but reliable, yet I do feel like Isla Bonita is a step above the rest. I never really considered the spice thing, but whatever they do it seems to fit me and my co-workers as we love going there for lunch. Chapalas isn't bad either, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities