Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:39 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,096,161 times

Advertisements

Which bridge you like better between the Blue Bridge or the Cable Bridge? Me I like the Cable Bridge better cause there is alot less traffic and I like the way the Bridge is light up at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,454,360 times
For me, living in south Kennewick aligned approximately between the two, it just depends where I'm going. If to central or east Pasco, I'll take the cable bridge. I guess there used to be a green bridge which was demolished a few years before we moved here; that was the one that once had the sundown town sign advising all persons of African heritage to be out by nightfall.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 AM

150 posts, read 695,644 times
90% of the time I use the blue bridge because it is more convenient but the cable bridge is my favorite. It's a beautiful bridge and the lighting is very nice. The blue bridge has too much of an arch. Combined with the sharp exits/entrances on each side it's dangerous. Horribly designed. As far as travel I would have to say the bridge between Richland-Pasco is the best. Smooth, flat, three lanes. Very nice.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcres View Post
90% of the time I use the blue bridge because it is more convenient but the cable bridge is my favorite. It's a beautiful bridge and the lighting is very nice. The blue bridge has too much of an arch. Combined with the sharp exits/entrances on each side it's dangerous. Horribly designed. As far as travel I would have to say the bridge between Richland-Pasco is the best. Smooth, flat, three lanes. Very nice.
I agree completely on the terrible exits off the blue bridge. It's bad on both sides because on the Kennewick side you have the counterintuitive part that says, if you stay on the freeway you are going to end up going west not south, with the offramp for Columbia Drive immediately after the 395 one which was also immediate. On the Pasco side, let's see. Lewis, left exit. Tweety & Sylvester St., offramp but can't get back on IIRC. Court St., at last a real freeway exit.

And just to add to your enjoyment, the area off the Kennewick side is heavily patrolled by WSP speed traps. In case we weren't having enough fun.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 PM

17,213 posts, read 57,047,755 times
Yeah, I like to look at the Blue Bridge from a distance, but prefer not to use it regularly, and definitely not during commute hours, because of the things tcres and j_k_k noted.

For whatever reason, I don't go around the Cable Bridge much. Probably because I work in Richland and live in Prosser...

Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 PM

74 posts, read 175,897 times
Sadists, with the aid and advice of a number of devils, designed the Blue Bridge and its layout for their perverse amusment.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 AM

154 posts, read 925,907 times
I like the cable bridge, very pretty expecially at night.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1955 View Post
Sadists, with the aid and advice of a number of devils, designed the Blue Bridge and its layout for their perverse amusment.
They especially had a good fap as they visualized the concept that you stay ON the freeway to go not straight but west. You get OFF it to go south and continue...on the same highway, which will eventually become a freeway again. And when you get off it, if you want to go east, you must immediately prepare to get over again.

I should start a thread about the dumbest designed intersection/interchange in the TC. So far my candidates would both be in Kennewick and would both revolve around 240. What moron decided there should be no westbound exit onto Tapteal, when they are trying to have a retail district there?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 AM

150 posts, read 695,644 times
The good news is the DOT is preparing to improve 395/240 at the blue bridge. I cannot even imagine what kind of nightmare that construction zone will be.

WSDOT - Project - US 395 - Columbia Drive to SR 240 Rebuild Interchange

Old 01-08-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcres View Post
The good news is the DOT is preparing to improve 395/240 at the blue bridge. I cannot even imagine what kind of nightmare that construction zone will be.

WSDOT - Project - US 395 - Columbia Drive to SR 240 Rebuild Interchange
One to avoid like hog cholera, that's what kind. I just hope they didn't consult the City of Kennewick at all. Surest possible way to ensure a dumb result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities