Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 10:36 PM

9 posts, read 44,185 times

Advertisements

Today I went to Stone Soup in downtown Richland for lunch. It was really nice! I was pleasantly surprised by the extensive menu (lots of sandwiches, salads) and the soup selection. For $13 my daughter and I had a lovely lunch: grilled cheese, chips, pickle, a cookie, and milk for her; veggie deluxe half sandwich, pickle, cookie, and cup of chicken enchilada soup for me. I enjoyed it very much.

What is your favorite local spot to have lunch? I'm looking for some new places to try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue1969 View Post
Today I went to Stone Soup in downtown Richland for lunch. It was really nice! I was pleasantly surprised by the extensive menu (lots of sandwiches, salads) and the soup selection. For $13 my daughter and I had a lovely lunch: grilled cheese, chips, pickle, a cookie, and milk for her; veggie deluxe half sandwich, pickle, cookie, and cup of chicken enchilada soup for me. I enjoyed it very much.

What is your favorite local spot to have lunch? I'm looking for some new places to try.
Richland or Kennewick, Casa Mia. Antipasta with roquefort and (if you like them) anchovies. Garlic bread, cup of marinara. I do not know what it is, fresh ingredients or just great skill, but Casa Mia simply never disappoints. I don't know what else one can say to praise a restaurant with good food beyond 'never fails'. Their Casa Mia Special pizza, a meat lover's type offering, is also exceptional. I would like a little more oil on the crust but that's just my own bias.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:16 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Depends on what you want, what you like, what you want to spend. Atomic Ale is quite good, so is Emerald of Siam, particularly their buffet, quick, good variety, although it's up to you if you make this into a healthy lunch or pig out. The Uptown Cafe is good, the Spudnut Shop has a good hamburger and fries type lunch, I like Venezia up here near Hanford, most people only think about it as a place to get lunch while at work, but I would say they are good in their own right.

I have been meaning to try Avalanche, heard good things but have not tried them yet.

For a sub sandwitch and maybe soup, the Sub Factory near Safeway on G-Way is good, that same Safeway has an excellent deli, they have a small dining area although the "atmosphere" is hardly elegant.

I like Isla Bonita, 3 Margaritas, and Chapala Express, each have their own take on what's really more Tex-Mex than authentic Mexican food, but it's good anyway.

The Chinese Buffet on G-Way is also good to decent, like most buffets you can behave yourself or pig out to the tune of 10,000 calories worth of junk...up to you. The Mongolian Bar-B-Q they have is good, and again you name your own poison.

I do agree that Stone Soup has excellent food. They are just a bit spendy for what you get, but the quality is first-rate.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:43 PM

9 posts, read 44,185 times
Went to Tagaris Taverna for lunch recently. My husband got Moussaka which was great. I got a soup & salad combo. The Greek salad, well it tasted very good but was simply drowned in dressing. Soaked! Get dressing on the side. The soup (pumpkin) was divine. We did get the Meze appetizer which was tasty. We split a dessert (chocolate bomb) which tasted very good but was tiny, smaller than a standard cupcake for the entire dessert.

So the food is very good, portions were on the small side. Our child got a flatbread pizza and loved it. The bill was $44 so a bit steep.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:29 AM

82 posts, read 325,080 times
Default Recommended restaurants off list we give our guests

Not sure how long you've been in the area or which you already know but I have a list of places we recommend to our guests so I'll copy and paste some of the lunch places onto here:

Atomic Ale has the best potato soup in the Tri-Cities. Their special ingredient is one of their own beers. It is tasty and very filling at a great price. Their menu also has many delicious items such as pizzas, pastas, and sandwiches. Don’t forget to try their sampler platter of all their different brews. In addition to what they brew themselves they also have other alcoholic options, one of my favorites being the pear cider. The atmosphere encourages conversation by having no TVs but instead providing games. They also have nights of live music.

Bruchi’s is casual, affordable, and delicious. Our favorite is the grilled Hawaiian sub served hot with fries and fry sauce. Yum! Yum!

Sterling’s has a huge menu filled with high quality food. The soup and salad bar is famous to the locals. I personally love their Miami omelet – it doesn’t sound all that great by the description but trust me, it is awesome. They have a huge menu and you can’t go wrong with what you choose. Their service is always excellent. They have flavored creamers, yum, for their coffee. Also you have to try one of their waffles topped with ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries, and banana.

Jack-sons Is a local favorite. It is more than a sports bar; it also has some great offerings on the menu. I always love their burgers. They also offer some live entertainment.

Tagaris is beautifully set up. They often have live music and in the summertime you can enjoy it on their patio area with a pitcher of their famous sangria. When it comes to their food, I am speechless. They do everything from scratch using fresh ingredients. It’s creative and flavorful. The only other thing I can say about their food is “oh my gosh”!

Nothing but noodles has a large menu of pasta dishes and salads. It is 100% delicious, tastefully decorated, casual, affordable and fun. Their salads are huge, creative and filling. Some of their best appetizers are the bread sticks stuffed with mozzarella and the potstickers. My favorite is the Southwest Chipotle Pasta Dish with its roasted pepper cream sauce mixed with noodles, grilled onions and bell peppers. Plus kids eat free on Monday evening. A nice bonus is that they have a gluten-free menu with gluten-free pasta.

Gloria’s La Dolce Vita is scrumptious with fresh creative dishes. They have awesome salads, baked goods, and sandwiches. A definite taste of the gourmet in little ol’ Tri-Cities. With the freshness of the ingredients, it doesn’t just taste good but you feel good eating it. The owner puts a lot of care into her menu items and it shows.

The Daily Grind Espress - Ok, so this isn’t an eatery, but I still had to put in on the list. This is a little drive-thru coffee shop that’s on your way to old downtown Kennewick. Although this is a bit out of the way, if you have any excuse to head that direction – take it! They have this drink that is ice-blended and I think it’s called the ‘peanut butter frost’. Anyways it contains peanut butter, coffee, and then I have them add chocolate. Oh yeah, it’s heavenly!

If you want a nice big country breakfast try Country Gentleman. Our favorite is the country fried steak scramble that comes smothered in gravy. They serve breakfast until closing, which is unfortunately early because they aren’t open for dinner; they only do catering at that time. They also serve burgers and other favorites. Their kids’ menu is also priced great! Also their menu has been expanded with many items that have a gourmet flare.

Inca is one of our favorite Mexican restaurants in town. The chips and salsa our awesome. You can choose between mild or hot salsa and you can taste the onion and cilantro. Our favorite menu item is their nachos loaded with everything on it and in it. It feeds our whole family plus leaves us with leftovers, all just for about $12. It also means there’s plenty of money leftover to splurge on the margarita special of the day. Careful, their margaritas are pretty large so don’t drink and drive!

Huli-Huli Hawaiin Barbeque was a surprising discovery. It has a teriyaki flare to it and some very, very good potato salad. No potato salad like you have ever had; there’s something special they do with it, and I’m not going to tell you what it is. This place is fast, good, cheap food. You should check out their catering rates while you’re there; probably the lowest rates in town.

India Palace is a delicious Indian food restaurant. When I went there for the first time I discovered cravings I never knew I had. Absolutely great experience with the Eastern spices. They have a yummy lunch buffet for about $9 so you can sample lots of goodies. They also have many evenings with live music.

R.F. McDougalls offers yummy drinks, food, and desserts. My favorite dish here is their turkey sandwich on raisin bread with cranberry cream cheese sauce – YUMMY! There is also a great view of the Columbia River with a nice patio for outside dining. This is an all ages establishment.

The Village Deli is a great place to go to for lunch. They have a nice large sandwich menu, yummy soups, and tasty daily specials. Plus you can get a boost from your favorite coffee drink.

There's more of course, but I will probably get banned if I post any more.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 PM

6 posts, read 24,186 times
Incas gets my vote! It's one of my family's favorites!

Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 13,482 times
In Richland: Chapala Express for Mexican and Golden Palace for Chinese
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities