Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:29 AM

11 posts, read 25,046 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My two sisters and I are moving to the area next summer. I am looking for some advice on what apartments to avoid. I saw some really bad reviews on the Silver Creek apartments.
We are hoping to find a place in Richland, but we aren't ruling out other areas either. Any local opinion appreciated. Also interested in renting a house, but we have two westies, so looking for pet friendly. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 03:45 PM

18 posts, read 47,716 times
I lived in Crosspointe Apartments in Kennewick near the mall off of Deschutes Ave.

The staff there was pretty friendly and although the apartments were built in the 90s they were still nice

I thought about living in Shoreline in Richland, but they were small and parking was terrible

Old 11-10-2009, 01:18 PM

82 posts, read 324,979 times
Hi, I agree on the Crosspointe apartments, my husband and I own a home down the road. Not sure on the pet requirements for apartments but if you can get a note from a doctor saying they are medically necessary then apartments can make exceptions to no pet policies.
Best Wishes! ~ Elana mod cut:

Last edited by scirocco22; 11-10-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 10:59 AM

6 posts, read 10,519 times
Current feedback on apartments in Richland please? The Illahee or Belle Vista? I have heard that Kennewick no longer has the best options. Thanks!

Old 09-02-2015, 01:48 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemjames View Post
Current feedback on apartments in Richland please? The Illahee or Belle Vista? I have heard that Kennewick no longer has the best options. Thanks!
I would suggest it depends on where you work. A lot of people live in Kennewick, but work in North Richland or on the Hanford site, creating at least some traffic. Anyone from a big city would think it's nothing, but no need to volunteer for it.

Illahee is right on G-Way and would be excellent in terms of location if working in/near Hanford. Belle Vista I forget where it is.

In general the rental market here is tight right now, so you may have to pay more for an apartment you would rent for less in other markets.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:09 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Agreed, the rental market is pretty tight right now. I put my Richland condo out there recently and had 30+ inquiries in four days.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:26 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Agreed, the rental market is pretty tight right now. I put my Richland condo out there recently and had 30+ inquiries in four days.
Wow, pnwguy2, that is an impressive amount of people contacting you to rent/lease your condo. You must have written a great ad Craigslist is a place I'very avoided remembering all the Boston area violence. Maybe I'll have to rethink Craigslist based on your success.

Congrats for knowing the local market so well. Maybe a career in real estate and/development would be something you would enjoy

Are you going to relocate close by to be a hands on landlord or manage this from outside the state or region? If travel is involved, I'm certain from reading some of your posts that you already know your exits I understand if you don't want to post much openly. You could use the PM option, but that is your choice.

I'm happy for you that you've created a path for yourself that hopefully will be right for you. I hope your renter (s) take good care of your condo.

msr

Old 09-06-2015, 11:05 PM

Thanks. For now I am staying in Tri-Cities. It is a great, growing area with big potential.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:52 AM

6 posts, read 10,519 times
Thank you all for the feedback. Most likely we will be working in Richland.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:40 PM

We are seeing a big increase in rents in Tri-Cites, and real estate will likely follow. The end of the recession has provided this boost, as well as many looking to get out of the super-expensive Seattle/Bellevue and Portland markets. Be prepared for higher real estate prices in Tri-Cities, but still a bargain compared to W. WA and W. OR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities