Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 AM

95 posts, read 416,568 times

Advertisements

We've just moved to Pasco and were wondering where a good and authentic Mexican takeout restaurant might be? You know, a place that makes a good burrito, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 AM

82 posts, read 324,948 times
My husband likes the taco truck on 4th Ave by Mike's Auto Tech, not the mexican restaurant, but the truck. He likes their carne asada burritos. I've tried it too and it was tasty, and I'm a picky Half-Mex from Cali.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 PM

280 posts, read 1,135,556 times
Not really take out, although I'm sure you can order to go, but our favorite Mexican in tri-cities is Garibaldi's on Court street and 5th ave.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,355 times
Go over the cable bridge into Kennewick and take a right on E 1st Ave and stay on it until you see the car wash on your left. There should be a Taco Wagon in the back. They serve the best Burritos in Tri-town. Believe me.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:50 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,452,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinOutWest View Post
Not really take out, although I'm sure you can order to go, but our favorite Mexican in tri-cities is Garibaldi's on Court street and 5th ave.
I used to like that, but it feels like it's gone downhill lately.

One big disappointment for us was the change of Cinco de Mayo in Kennewick to La Placita. The C de M new location near the freeway interchange is still good, run by one of the former Clearwater location guys, but La Placita was just ho-hum.

I would love to find the best sit-down Mexican place in the Tri-Cities.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:21 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,035,276 times
I think the "best sit-down Mexican restaurant" is going to depend more on personal preference than on quality as such. 3 Margaritas, Isla Bonita, Chapala, Cinco de Mayo are all excellent IMHO, each one has their own recipes.

Now in Yakima I think El Porton is great, but there are more than a few good Mexican restaurants there that I have not yet tried.

I need to get over to Garibaldi's and see if I agree they have gone downhill, j k k. Although, you usually know what you are talking about, if you think they have slacked off, they probably have. That's a shame as they were quite good a year or two back.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I think the "best sit-down Mexican restaurant" is going to depend more on personal preference than on quality as such. 3 Margaritas, Isla Bonita, Chapala, Cinco de Mayo are all excellent IMHO, each one has their own recipes.

Now in Yakima I think El Porton is great, but there are more than a few good Mexican restaurants there that I have not yet tried.

I need to get over to Garibaldi's and see if I agree they have gone downhill, j k k. Although, you usually know what you are talking about, if you think they have slacked off, they probably have. That's a shame as they were quite good a year or two back.
I hope they were just having an off day. If I'm going to bust the diet on a buffet, Garibaldi's (of old, anyway) is my second choice, right after Thai Spice. Let me know if you give it a shot, what you think.

One bit of trivia I did figure out is why it's 'El Chapala' rather than 'La Chapala'. Seems it refers to a lake where they come from; lago is masculine, thus 'el Chapala.'

Of the chains, my personal pref lately after C de M would be 3 Margaritas on Canal. But I continue to harbor this hope that somewhere in Pasco there is this small delicious outstanding Mexican place, maybe deep in the Spanish speaking part where few out-of-town Anglos go (I speak Spanish and would be at complete ease), that would combine the classy friendliness of C de M with Mexican food that would knock one's sombrero off. We have so many that surely such a place must exist. But I prefer sit-down places with table service rather than ordering at a counter, which will limit me.

Now, one thing every Mexican place should do is copy Chico's Tacos' salsa bar. Just jack the whole concept intact. Delicious. I can't eat the garlic salsa unless I'm planning to be home alone for two days, but when I am, I get my butt over there right away.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 PM

17 posts, read 84,509 times
Try Kikos in East Kennewick on 10th and Washington

Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kube00 View Post
Try Kikos in East Kennewick on 10th and Washington
I live just up the hill from it. It's okay, but I was hoping for something better and that had sit-down service rather than going to the counter.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:02 PM

280 posts, read 1,135,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I hope they were just having an off day. If I'm going to bust the diet on a buffet, Garibaldi's (of old, anyway) is my second choice, right after Thai Spice. Let me know if you give it a shot, what you think.
Now, one thing every Mexican place should do is copy Chico's Tacos' salsa bar. Just jack the whole concept intact. Delicious. I can't eat the garlic salsa unless I'm planning to be home alone for two days, but when I am, I get my butt over there right away.
I've never had the buffet at Garibaldi's, I've only been there when you could only order off the menu. I did notice the last time we went, probably a month ago, that they had a new menu, had new chairs and looked like the place got a little redecoration done. But the food quality didn't seem any different. It could depend on what's ordered though.

I agree about Chico's Tacos. That's probably my favorite place to get a quick dinner when I'm in the mall area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities