Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 04:08 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,704,988 times

Advertisements

As a LPN would I have a better experience or better chances of getting a job here over Spokane? What is the reception towards LPNs with over a year's experience in the tricities? Are there any good LPN to RN schools/programs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 04:17 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Spokane and Yakima are more "medical towns" than the Tri-Cities, if that's what you are asking. We have several small hospitals in town, the general opinion is that for serious medical treatment you should go to Spokane or Seattle rather than have it here.

I don't know enough to answer your other questions - the lack of a medical school here probably means the training opportunities are not as good as Spokane, or Seattle for that matter.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:53 PM

155 posts, read 516,228 times
Most hospitals nowadays don't seem to hire LPNs unless they are in the process of getting their RNs. CBC has a good program (where I went) and WSU Tricities is a good 4 year (went back for my BSN there). As for quality of hospitals, there are horror stories I could share regarding many hospitals in the Seattle or Spokane areas but I won't. It is true that for some specialties, you would be better off in Spokane or Seattle (serious trauma, neuro, pediatric oncology, transplants which we don't even do here). My advice would be to get your RN, LPNs are a dying breed unless you want to work in a nursing home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities