Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 01:58 PM

15 posts, read 44,438 times

Advertisements

So my brother-in-law works at the tysons in Arkansas, and they want to see about transfering from that one to the Tysons in Pasco, but a friend, from Washington, informed me that Pasco is the more dangerous city of the tri-city area. I told my sister she may want to commute from one of the tri-cities and told her I'd collect info for her. Her desire to move there is partly due to her desire to be closer to our dad who has terminal cancer, as well as the fact that she misses the northwestern scenery.
So here is the low-down on her situation. She has two children, one who has Autism and dyslexia, so she'll need a good school for him. They own a cat, a dog, and a lizard, so pet friendly would be recomended. They are low income familly too, so a low priced neighborhood would be bennificial. I know good schooling and low cost housing can contradict itself ,but whatever the case, of the three cities, what place would you recomend for some one in her situation. Information on neighborhoods in those cities would be aprechiated too, but not expected. I would greatly apreciate any info you can give me.

p.s. If your wondering why she doesn't ask this herself, she doesn't get much access to a com****r these days, so I thought I'd help her out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 04:09 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,399,163 times
Pasco isn't that dangerous. Far less than it used to be. That's kind of an outdated rap that Pasco really no longer deserves. Fact is, hardly any part of the Tri-Cities is very dangerous.

I would guess housing is cheapest in east Pasco and east Kennewick, not far from east Pasco. But really, unless you're into buying an overpriced McMansion, most of the TC has a pretty low cost of living.

By the way, expect this topic to get moved to the TC subforum, which you may not have been aware existed.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:00 PM

34 posts, read 136,219 times
There are parts of East Pasco where I wouldn't want to live. West Pasco seems to be nice.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:34 PM

15 posts, read 44,438 times
Thank you guys. I'm releived to know that the Tri-cities isn't as bad as I've heard. I'm also glad to know that the cost of living isn't too bad. I'll be sure to relay the information to her.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:49 PM

150 posts, read 692,952 times
I think if you were to crunch numbers Kennewick has more crime than Pasco but none of the three cities are bad. I think a lot of the misconceptions regarding Pasco are because of it's hispanic population and a general lack of knowledge and/or related to the past.

For the most part the three cities are blended together and there are better/worse parts to all three so you should consider the Tri-Cities as one large city with pockets of good and bad.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:46 PM

5 posts, read 15,339 times
East Pasco and Kennewick have some less than desirable neighborhoods, but it's not that bad. The Tri-Cities overall are definitely safe, and full of inexpensive housing. I wouldn't worry about commuting to Pasco either, if you prefer a school district in a different area. If your sister stays within Kennewick, Pasco, or Richland, the commute should never be longer than 15 minutes on a bad day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities