Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM

5 posts, read 18,291 times

Advertisements

We are moving to West Richland with 3 teenages. Have a few questions:

1. Looking for recommendation from anyone on service providers for internet, and cable/or dish. Heard the service can be spotty, and lost of wind interferes with dish. True?

2. Also looking for someone who teaches pottery, and metal working (making art from odds and ends, car parts, etc. would be perfect). Anyone have any ideas?

3. Summer activities for teenagers (No Sports)?

4. Best High School?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 08:32 AM

280 posts, read 1,135,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frekles View Post
2. Also looking for someone who teaches pottery, and metal working (making art from odds and ends, car parts, etc. would be perfect). Anyone have any ideas?
A few web resources for you:

Artsy Fartsy Home Page (http://www.artsyfartsystudio.com/index.htm - broken link) - a paint your own pottery places. It has been located on Jadwin in Richland but closed recently. According to their web page they will be re-opening soon. They might have some more ideas of people who teach pottery and arts.

Allied Arts Association - I don't know much about the organization but they put together a great "Arts in the Park" art show every summer. They are probably a good information source as well, check out thier related links page.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 AM

5 posts, read 18,291 times
Default Reply to MovinOutWest

I have been to ArtsyFartsy, knew that they closed but hadn't heard that they were re-opening.

Have taken advantage of the classes offered at Allied Arts, but I am finding that most of the Tri-Cities stops offering classes for kids over 13-14. Problem is, mine are to old for these, but to young for the CBC classes. They have to be 16-17. Guess they are just stuck in the middle..

Having the same problem with skydiving and rock climbing lessons. My 15 year old LOVES skydiving, flying and wants to try bungee jumping next (REALLY not sure where that comes from.... but can't find anyone that offers classes, or that will take a 15 yr. old.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:56 PM

154 posts, read 926,018 times
I live in West Richland, we have had Dish Network and Direct TV and they both work fine. I was happier when we had Dish Network because the prices were better. If you look around at all the houses it seems that everybody has a satellite dish on their house so other people must be choosing them over cable. I think our only cable option is Suddenlink.

Summer activities for teenagers specifically in West Richland? Not much really. We have parks and its safe to ride bikes and play all over town. I guess teens would probably like to head over to Kennewick and see movies or cruise around the mall.

I have heard good things about both Richland High Schools. I think kids living in West Richland would attend Richland High and not Hanford High.

Oh and for internet I have Clearwire and I would not recommend them. Not very reliable. My neighbor has Verizon and gets 4 Mbps as the highest speed. My highest speed is like 1 Mbps. I think Suddenlink offers 1.5 Mbps for around $40 out here but I think thats all the options. I really wish something better would come along soon.

Last edited by dd94595; 04-30-2010 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: wanted to add something

Old 04-30-2010, 04:38 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,064,697 times
I think Benton REA "Powernet" wireless internet is available in West, at least most/parts of it.

We have this service at our house out in the Valley and while it's a bit expensive, it's very reliable. Speeds are always good for what I want to do, don't know about a heavy gamer or something like that.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 AM

68 posts, read 210,925 times
Default HS Boundaries in WR

@wilkermoo:
Actually, West Richland is split between the 2 high schools: Boundary Maps, with Northlake the boundary east of Bombing Range Rd and between Desert Dove and Canter to the west. I went to both schools, my kids went to Hanford, my son student taught and sub'd at Richland, and I've worked with kids from both schools at church. They're both quite good, safe.

Unfortunately, summer activities for kids have always been a low spot in general for Richland for those sports impaired among us—Oh well, there's always summer school

Best of luck and let us know what you find...
HeyMikey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities