Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 12:17 AM

7 posts, read 20,306 times

Advertisements

what is the hispanic population in kennewick ??? is there alot of drug use there.? how are the high schools. im asking this cuz were thinking of moving there and im from Yakima. and its definitely mmm, different there..so trying to be close but not there. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 02:03 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,456,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleon View Post
what is the hispanic population in kennewick ??? is there alot of drug use there.? how are the high schools. im asking this cuz were thinking of moving there and im from Yakima. and its definitely mmm, different there..so trying to be close but not there. thanks.
Put frankly, Kennewick is orders of magnitude less screwed up than Yakima from a drug and crime standpoint. As a relative of people (Anglos, I might add) who have been involved in both drugs and crime there, I have some perspective on it. For that matter, I'd say Pasco is quite a bit less screwed up than *** as well, and unlike us, Pasco is either majority Hispanic or fairly close to it.

There just isn't a lot of tension, although I think a lot of locals deeply resent the fact that services are provided in a non-English language, in many cases to benefit (and market to) illegal aliens (as opposed to immigrants, who have the right to be here, or US nationals, who shouldn't need foreign language services anyway as all US nationals should have no trouble speaking and reading English). If the local illegal alien population were to start washing locals' faces in too many demands for amnesty or anything else, people's backs would get up really quickly. One simply doesn't sneak into someone else's home, then start telling him how to arrange his furniture.

I wouldn't presume drug use and the Hispanic population here to even have too major a connection. We have had a serious meth lab problem in the outlying areas and a lot of that involved rednecks. We don't have a lot of obvious druggies in general, but of those we do, they are well represented in all our demographics.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:16 AM

How is the 4 seasons in kennewick does it have all four seasons or rain alot like seattle area..?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:11 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,456,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleon View Post
How is the 4 seasons in kennewick does it have all four seasons or rain alot like seattle area..?
How can you have lived in Yakima, sharing news channels with Tri-Cities, and not know that our climate is more or less similar to Yakima's? Something here does not compute.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:37 PM

well im in vancouver now but lived in yakima most of my life thats why i compare it to yakima rather then vancouver... but dont watch the news....

Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 AM

4 posts, read 33,355 times
Kennewick has nice parts and crummy parts, as do both Pasco & Richland. I think the prices are lower in Kennewick than Richland, and lower still in Pasco. Pasco has tons of newer homes on the market, you can get into a 3br for under $149 - but check the building quality. They throw them up pretty quick and use low-end materials.

I would say all Tri-Cities schools have well qualified, caring teachers. But some schools have parents who don't care (or are working too many jobs to pay attention) and so the kids aren't prepared.

I don't see or hear of much over racisim but I agree with the first poster that some people resent bi-lingual services. I think most people here know the economy is Agriculturally based, and without Hispanics (legal or illegal) we'd suffer horribly.

Also, I moved back in 1993, and there are a lot of bi-racial families, Hispanic/Black, Black/Anglo, Anglo/Hispanic. The Asian and East Indian professionals stay somewhat segregated I think, but those are upper middle class.

I don't watch the news either. We have seasons, but only 7-10 inches of rain, to be specific. And way less snow than Yakima.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:55 AM

4 posts, read 10,360 times
Default places to live in tricities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagehugger View Post
Kennewick has nice parts and crummy parts, as do both Pasco & Richland. I think the prices are lower in Kennewick than Richland, and lower still in Pasco. Pasco has tons of newer homes on the market, you can get into a 3br for under $149 - but check the building quality. They throw them up pretty quick and use low-end materials.

I would say all Tri-Cities schools have well qualified, caring teachers. But some schools have parents who don't care (or are working too many jobs to pay attention) and so the kids aren't prepared.

I don't see or hear of much over racisim but I agree with the first poster that some people resent bi-lingual services. I think most people here know the economy is Agriculturally based, and without Hispanics (legal or illegal) we'd suffer horribly.

Also, I moved back in 1993, and there are a lot of bi-racial families, Hispanic/Black, Black/Anglo, Anglo/Hispanic. The Asian and East Indian professionals stay somewhat segregated I think, but those are upper middle class.

I don't watch the news either. We have seasons, but only 7-10 inches of rain, to be specific. And way less snow than Yakima.
Maybe some one can give me an idea of places to live in pasco/Kennewick.We are a retired(forced)couple in our 60's looking to move to the tri cities area and stay out of sub divisions,but remain in a safe friendly area.We will be moving from Post Falls,Idaho.Would like to come down in a week or two and look around.We will be buying,as opposed to renting and kinda like older neighborhoods if well kept up.Any Ideas would be welcome.Thanks!Pat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities