Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nancy Grace as crime reporter - yeah or nay?
Like nails on a chalkboard 72 66.67%
That girl rocks 11 10.19%
I can tolerate her for short spurts 18 16.67%
Other 7 6.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:08 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

She still that prosecutor trying to win her case. I've read she won hands down 100% of her cases, she must have been hell in the courtroom. The poll is not looking favorably though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 09:00 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,465 times
I don't consider her a serious reporter, didn't know anybody did to be honest. But I'll admit I find her righteous indignation entertaining.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:33 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
I can take her in small doses. I do find that she repeats the same thing over and over and over. I would rather watch Nancy than Joy Behar

Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,621 times
I liked her better long ago on Court T.V.
It saddens me how her show is somewhat like a tabloid, lousy pics and all.
She can do better than that IMO.

I do believe she really cares though.
She recently had surgery and I wish her all the best.

Nancy Grace Underwent Surgery to Remove Mass - HispanicBusiness.com

Last edited by Summerz; 12-05-2010 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: tired and cnat spell!

Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
I think her show looks cheap by having people on skype. Also she is too dramatic and I find it hard to take her seriously.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
I think she needs to be coated with Industrial Strength Preparation H!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:07 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Most attorneys are rather arrogant and full of themselves. That's how they got that reputation they have, right up there with used car salesmen! She won almost all, if not all, of the cases she tried.
Huh??? Am I arrogant and full of myself???

Old 12-10-2010, 01:21 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I admire Nancy's journalistic and legal expertise, although I hate it when her voice cracks when getting emotional, almost nightly, and she does often show a bias for the prosecutional side...but then again it is her show.

I watch her periodically, depending on whether I find what she's covering at the time interesting. More enjoyed her previous days on Court TV. Love her sarcastic wit...thought it a little out of line when she asked the brother of the Peru murder victim Stephany to comment on his sisters missing eye, to which the brother politely declined. Haven't heard any more about that little tidbit since.
can't STAND nancy grace. ain't nobody in the WORRRRLLD knows how to beat a dead horse more than that woman. i mean, i think her heart is in the right place, but somebody farts and its ten episodes of "who do you think you are? Huh? with your FARTING?????" i mean she doesn't shut up and comes across as bombastic. now, rachel madow, there would be a crime reporter!!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Why are women so hard on other women? Is it jealousy?

Nancy Grace is one of my favorite programs on television.

My opinion on Nancy Grace is that she has excellent journalistic and legal expertise, and she is delivering to the public the kind of show the management of HLN wants delivered.

For her to be able to have that show in a city with almost 10 million people, that have the BEST of the BEST, she has to be top notch. .........or be recommended by the President.

Reading each one of these comments, the main focus seems to be her RUDENESS. Have you ever met a Prosecutor that is not rude?
I think we, ladies, should be grateful that we have a voice in Nancy Grace, who has been publicizing the fact that there is a War Against Women, in this country.

We need someone like this that can bring to focus what is happening to our children. Before Nancy Grace, everything that happened to women and children was kept closeted. Now, it is in the open, for the country to deal with it.

We, as a society, need more programs like this one.

And for those people who do not care for her program................you can always change the channel.
Yes, actually, I have ... lots of them. I started my career in a DA's office just out of law school. I have never thought of myself as "rude" and I've worked with some very nice folks. A good prosecutor never has to resort to rudeness. An effective, skilled use of facts and evidence will carry the case on its own.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:57 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes, actually, I have ... lots of them. I started my career in a DA's office just out of law school. I have never thought of myself as "rude" and I've worked with some very nice folks. A good prosecutor never has to resort to rudeness. An effective, skilled use of facts and evidence will carry the case on its own.
Consider the target audience. I don't like the format---panel of experts. So I don't tune in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime