Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
I've never thought the 'sex ring' theory had any merit. Too easy to throw it out there yet no evidence at all of any outside involvement.
Then whose DNA was under JonBenet's fingernails? There was someone involved, and that person has been protected ever since....probably has long since disappeared.

These parents would not have garrotted their own child. Read some background on both of them, as well as the autopsy reports. As a poster quoted very early in this thread from reading the notes of those who examined JonBenet's body, whoever did this "really hated this child." John Ramsey already lost a daughter in a car accident....no wonder he had a flat effect and was emotionless. And Patsy and her beauty queen stuff...getting JB involved in the pageants was just Patsy's way of trying to share an activity with her daughter (her recorded statements)....she obviously had very low self esteem. I don't believe that she had any idea what all of it would lead to. They got blackmailed somehow, or allowed themselves to be blackmailed when JB died, and the whole thing snowballed.

Last edited by CA4Now; 09-26-2013 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-26-2013, 10:45 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
You can make excuses for every action/inaction of the parents. But, if you look at it objectively, in totality, all of the evidence, things do point to the parents being involved. Of course, we can ponder the alternatives or give reasons for parents' statements, actions, etc..., but when you look at the total picture...there are too many red flags pointing to parents. It's not that complicated of a case either, to me. It's just like a "legend" of insolvability and mystery, that people want to perpetuate, but all it is really is that no one had the ball* to go after the Ramseys.
Jurors wanted to indict, but that's where it stopped. Those people had no grudges to bear against PR or JR. They were impartial people doing their job, looking at the evidence, who felt it pointed to the parents. Hands tied. End of story. No justice for Jon Benet.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 09-26-2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old 09-26-2013, 01:58 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I agree, hard to grasp the cover up actions, seems so twisted. But, the note and elaborate staging--to me it meant that they had been abusing her right along and this was "just one more thing" in their twisted minds/psychology. It says to me in order to do this last thing (murder), they had to have been going down the path of abuse right along till it cumulated that day.
Does anyone know if they were abusing their son as well? Also, were their any friends or extended family members that reported any kind of abuse from the parents?

Just looking at all the make up, etc that was applied to this poor girls as well as the posing for photos, beauty shows reflects a form of abuse. What a sad life.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,344,654 times
I believe the DNA from her fingernails was degraded. It could have been days old and the markers would include thousands of people. I think it is more plausible to assume she was picking at a piece of gum stuck under a table than to conclude there was a sex ring.
From what I've read, my scenario has PR losing her cool and hitting JonBenet. Thinking she was severely brain damaged they decided to strangle her rather than live with a special needs child. Other possible scenario is her brother assaulting her and the parents covering it up. I believe they were able to keep their story straight because they were protecting themselves or their son. They would NEVER have held it together if someone else was involved.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
I believe the DNA from her fingernails was degraded. It could have been days old and the markers would include thousands of people.
That's doubtful, since was in all those beauty pageants. That kid was probably scrubbed nightly from her head to her toes.

Quote:
I think it is more plausible to assume she was picking at a piece of gum stuck under a table than to conclude there was a sex ring.
I'm thinking more of a snuff film, or something that the Ramseys didn't really realize was as dangerous as it was.

Quote:
From what I've read, my scenario has PR losing her cool and hitting JonBenet.
Neither parent had any past record of physical abuse.

Quote:
Other possible scenario is her brother assaulting her and the parents covering it up.
Her brother was a little kid himself; that would have been difficult for him to pull off.

Quote:
I believe they were able to keep their story straight because they were protecting themselves or their son. They would NEVER have held it together if someone else was involved.
Why? I think they had a better chance of protecting someone else (who would have made them look guilty of allowing her to be involved in something shady like this) than if they had tried to actually cover up the fact that one of them was the murderer. Neither one of them was a good enough liar.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:33 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
I always thought the bed wetting could have been in rebellion to having to act like a lady at the age of 6, a regression, but from reading here it could also have been due to being molested.

I never "got" why they would have those torture devises in the basement. I don't even know what they are. Why would someone have those things? Unless they used them.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 PM

What torture devices did they have?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:50 AM

See the original post:
Quote:
The garrote and slipknots used to bind and kill JonBenét were sophisticated torture and bondage devices which no one in the Ramsey family had the knowledge to construct;

Old 09-27-2013, 11:30 AM

I think a paint brush handle fashioned into a garrote is far from sophisticated, nor is it what I think of when I hear 'torture device'. Those terms seem overly dramatic to me.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:13 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,495,259 times
They are not looking for the real killer.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime