Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 04:58 PM

243 posts, read 509,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
Are you really suggesting that John Ramsey did not have access to legal counsel?

What advice do you think his attorneys would have given him?

Do you think they would have advised him and his wife to take the rap for their nine year-old son?
At the time, which would have been in the wee hours, the Rams maybe didnt have access to legal counsel, and I doubt they would tell their legal counsel that their son just murdered their daughter.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:02 PM

125 posts, read 125,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
I don't give a whit if you were talking to me or not. You were making the same inane assertion as you had before I corrected you on it several pages back, as if you are going to continue spouting the same nonsense over and over again, just to deliberately retard the discussion.

Please refrain from doing this, or at least make some attempt to refute my correction of your mistake. However, do not continue to make the same erroneous assertion as if it does not matter that it is wrong. It matters, and matters quite a bit.

It doesnt matter if you 'corrected me' several pages back, obviously the poster who asked me the question, hadn't read your reply, or my interpretation of it either.
'corrected' meaning, only your explanation has merit. You aren't in charge of this forum Sig, as much as you make out you are.
Anyone can discuss anything pertaining to the case, that you don't agree what is being said doesn't give you the right to tell people what they can and cant discuss.

What I said about distancing isnt 'wrong', google is your friend look it up dude. so you may think you 'corrected me' but of course you didnt. you just don't like that it can mean just what I said it could. only your interpretation has any merit
Please resubmit this using the quote bubble. It is just to the left of the SHOW/HIDE button above.

I am tired of deciphering your messy replies.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:07 PM

125 posts, read 125,223 times
Quote:
At the time, which would have been in the wee hours, the Rams maybe didnt have access to legal counsel, and I doubt they would tell their legal counsel that their son just murdered their daughter.
Yes, but nearly 20 years has passed.

Do you think that somewhere along the line John Ramsey would have mentioned to his attorneys "Hey guys, the truth is that Burke did this and me and the missus were covering for him. Do you think this was a good idea?"

What do you think would have been the reply of his attorneys?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:08 PM

551 posts, read 582,903 times
Burke did not do this. He was 9 years old at the time. He did not molest, garrote, and smack his sister to death (with enough force to bring down a 300-pound man, no less). His parents immediately sent him AWAY from the house that morning, because they were not afraid for Burke. Not afraid that he would be in danger, nor that he would reveal anything sinister to friends or police. They allowed him to be interviewed relatively soon after JB's murder as well (despite hemming and hawing on their own interviews). This a child we are talking about. He has shown no signs of deviancy, or committed any crimes in the interim which I think would be a given if he were the perpetrator of this type of offense.

I have read that Melody Stanton, the neighbor that eventually reported hearing a scream that night, would later recant or make some comment to police to the effect of "the scream she heard may have been bad vibes given off by JonBenet." Plus she did not report until a week or so after the crime. Her statement therefore seems suspect. I was not aware anyone else reported hearing a scream that night.

Another neighbor did report seeing lights on in the Ramsey family home, around midnight. The light was supposedly one that was not typically seen/used (butler's kitchen I believe). An intruder I'm quite sure would not be walking around turning lights on and off. Then there's the issue with the odd location of various light switches, such as for the basement stairs. Although a flashlight could have illuminated the path to the basement, why bother with the kitchen light? That had to have been a family member -and, interestingly enough, at almost exactly the time the crime occurred.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:09 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,551 times
Quote:
Speaking of Burke, I would love to know if he has anything to add to the case when John died. Seeing as Patsy died and nothing new came out. If the murder was not a stranger, Burke might be able to spread light on the case when both of his parents are gone. I wish he would write a tell all, even if he doesn't know the murderer. Can you imagine growing up in that home?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:11 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Burke did not do this. He was 9 years old at the time. He did not molest, garrote, and smack his sister to death (with enough force to bring down a 300-pound man, no less). His parents immediately sent him AWAY from the house that morning, because they were not afraid for Burke. Not afraid that he would be in danger, nor that he would reveal anything sinister to friends or police. They allowed him to be interviewed relatively soon after JB's murder as well (despite hemming and hawing on their own interviews). This a child we are talking about. He has shown no signs of deviancy, or committed any crimes in the interim which I think would be a given if he were the perpetrator of this type of offense.

I have read that Melody Stanton, the neighbor that eventually reported hearing a scream that night, would later recant or make some comment to police to the effect of "the scream she heard may have been bad vibes given off by JonBenet." Plus she did not report until a week or so after the crime. Her statement therefore seems suspect. I was not aware anyone else reported hearing a scream that night.

Another neighbor did report seeing lights on in the Ramsey family home, around midnight. The light was supposedly one that was not typically seen/used (butler's kitchen I believe). An intruder I'm quite sure would not be walking around turning lights on and off. Then there's the issue with the odd location of various light switches, such as for the basement stairs. Although a flashlight could have illuminated the path to the basement, why bother with the kitchen light? That had to have been a family member -and, interestingly enough, at almost exactly the time the crime occurred.
While I'm not saying it's Burke, he had hit Jonbenet before. I think, but I'm a bit fuzzy, with a gold club.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
Please resubmit this using the quote bubble. It is just to the left of the SHOW/HIDE button above.

I am tired of deciphering your messy replies.
quite simple then Sig, isnt it? dont read my posts

Old 02-10-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
Speaking of Burke, I would love to know if he has anything to add to the case when John died. Seeing as Patsy died and nothing new came out. If the murder was not a stranger, Burke might be able to spread light on the case when both of his parents are gone. I wish he would write a tell all, even if he doesn't know the murderer. Can you imagine growing up in that home?
lol, no, Id rather not

I think there are a lot of people waiting on hearing from Burke.

But I think we will be waiting a long time.

One thing that always made me question the BDI theory, was the fact- that he is a normal guy, did well in school and uni- I just think if he did it, he would be showing signs of not coping, and he always has.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:20 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
He couldn't have written that note though, not at 11 years old. That's 5th grade and the writing doesn't look like a kid's writing. The content is probably beyond that of a 5th grader too.

I do not believe that Burke wrote the note, but that Patsy probably did in an attempt to cover up Burke's crime. How could she lose her son when she had just lost her daughter ? She must not have known what to do ; she must have been frantic and devastated.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-10-2014, 05:20 PM

551 posts, read 582,903 times
He hit JB, as a small child, which kids are apt to do when playing. The child psychiatrist who interviewed him soon after JB's death did not find anything abnormal in his affect. The shrink felt Burke may have been "secretive" about the family but this is far removed from "murderous molester." I'm of the opinion if his parents went through all the effort to cover up the molestation and accidental death of one child by another, they would then go out of their way to make sure he was NOT interviewed by child psychiatrists and police. There's no way that even makes sense, to have bothered with that elaborate a cover up then just set him free? (The morning after even..) Nope. Burke was not involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime