Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 09:03 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
And just because she had a therapist doesn't mean she was not credible; anyone who had been abused as she was would have seen a therapist.
I don't recall anyone here saying anything about that.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/25551223/REPORT-OF-SPECIAL-PROSECUTOR-DECLINING-TO-PUSUE-CRIMINAL-CHARGES

Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
well, that's right, we dont really know what was meant by that.

Every man and his dog was there that morning- after getting a note saying their daughter would be be-headed if they did as much as talk to a stray dog.
The Ramsey didn't seem to take the note seriously. Linda Arnt said when the phone deadline passed no one reacted. She made a mental note of it. I guess she thought if she reacted they would react on her reaction. Which seems weird if they didn't know her killer/know she was already dead.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:12 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
The Ramsey didn't seem to take the note seriously. Linda Arnt said when the phone deadline passed no one reacted. She made a mental note of it. I guess she thought if she reacted they would react on her reaction. Which seems weird if they didn't know her killer/know she was already dead.
Yes parents of a child they thought had been kidnapped would be standing by the phone waiting and be agonized when the deadline passed without a call...but if the parents knew your child was already dead...

Old 02-13-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
The Ramsey didn't seem to take the note seriously.
Read this transcript and put yourself in John Ramsey's postion (or Patsy's, for that matter) re: the morning of Dec 26. http://www.acandyrose.com/1997BPD-Jo...w-Complete.htm

The more I read about this case, the more appalling it seems that the Ramseys were ever accused of this crime.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Read this transcript and put yourself in John Ramsey's postion (or Patsy's, for that matter) re: the morning of Dec 26. http://www.acandyrose.com/1997BPD-Jo...w-Complete.htm

The more I read about this case, the more appalling it seems that the Ramseys were ever accused of this crime.
You don't find it strange they thought their daughter was alive and when the deadline passes for the kidnappers to call, they act nonchantly according to Arnt? According to Arnt, no one in the house (besides her mental note) notices the deadline.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:

A lot of the things the Ramseys did almost seem like tempering. I mean the house was full of people (who does that?) and touching the body. Notice mom is fling herself on the newly found body which compromised evidence, but at the funeral both at stoic.

I think most people would also work with the cops and not lawyer up. I can honestly say I, and most people, wouldn't do what the Ramseys did.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Quote:

I think most people would also work with the cops and not lawyer up. I can honestly say I, and most people, wouldn't do what the Ramseys did.

I agree. This is why these topics keep coming up. Many people see through their behaviors, knowing many things are "off." Look back at other parents in the media whose kids have been killed. Look at their behaviors. You get a very visceral reaction to their agony. Not w/ the Ramsey's.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:05 AM

243 posts, read 509,728 times
Quote:
You don't find it strange they thought their daughter was alive and when the deadline passes for the kidnappers to call, they act nonchantly according to Arnt? According to Arnt, no one in the house (besides her mental note) notices the deadline.
of course it's strange! hellooo- your daughter is gone, you have a ransom note and you completely ignore what it says. wtf?

Who didnt Pats ring that morning to come round? every man and his dog was there.

Then noone notices what the time is?

something isn't adding up.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
I always thought it was strange that the Rams just walked out that day, leaving that little girl alone for hours....Im sorry, but where were the hysterics from Pats about leaving their daughter there?
Once JonBenet's body was discovered, the house was declared a crime scene so the Ramseys were asked by the Boulder PD to leave the home. They offered to put them up in a hotel but the Ramseys refused and went to the home of their friends.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:07 PM

243 posts, read 509,728 times
Quote:
Once JonBenet's body was discovered, the house was declared a crime scene so the Ramseys were asked by the Boulder PD to leave the home. They offered to put them up in a hotel but the Ramseys refused and went to the home of their friends.
I know they had to leave, but where were the theatrics from Pats, no crying, no wailing, no not wanting to leave 'that child'- in contrast to how Pats carried on when JBs body was found. after the speech to Lazarus, one would have expected at least a 'goodbye' from Pats, a prayer, anything. but she just walked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime