Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 04:01 PM

513 posts, read 469,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I believe that the killer or killers know the Ramseys and were at the Christmas party. I wonder if they tested all of those party goers DNA? I also think that the Ramseys know who the killed Jon Benet.

You know there was a fake 911 call from the Raseys house the day before when the Ramsey were entertaining thirty people, the perps that killed JB could have then stuck up a tapped their phone then and tested it to see if Patty would call 911 on the morning of the murder.

12-23 Mistaken 911 Call. At 6:47 p.m., someone attending the party placed a 911 call, which was answered by police dispatcher Therese Hilleary. The caller hung up without saying anything. Police call back only to get the Ramsey's anwering machine. Officer "B.O. 266" goes to the home at 6:54 p.m. and leaves at 7:09 p.m., after being assured that there was no emergency (timeline). The Daily Times-Call places the call at 6:48, but corroborates most other details above.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:11 PM

To clarify, I happen to think the ransom letter was genuine.The letter was of more threating the Raseys they woud kill JB if they call the law, and thats exactly what they did.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:50 PM

973 posts, read 1,452,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
To clarify, I happen to think the ransom letter was genuine.The letter was of more threating the Raseys they woud kill JB if they call the law, and thats exactly what they did.
When did they kill her? When Arnt was in the house?

The note didn't feel threatening at all imo. It seemed all over the place and immature. I can't imagine a hardened murderer sitting down and writing that.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post

The note didn't feel threatening at all imo. It seemed all over the place and immature. I can't imagine a hardened murderer sitting down and writing that.

Mr. Ramsey,

Listen carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction. We do respect your businessbut not the country that it serves. At this time we have your daughter in our possession . She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.

You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a earlier delivery pick-up of your daughter.

Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her remains for proper burial. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them. Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded. If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in any way marked or tampered with, she dies. You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies. You can try to deceive us but be warned that we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to out smart us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back.

You and your family are under constant scrutiny as well as the authorities. Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. It is up to you now John!

Victory!

S.B.T.C

not threatening at all?

Old 02-18-2014, 05:11 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
If rigor mortis had set in, she was probably dead 4-12 hours before her body was found.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:18 PM

I believe there were three perps,we are a small group of individuals, two are watching over JB
(The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them)
and one writing the letter.( Any deviation of MY instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter.)

Also there were two unidentified foot prints by JB body,

Footprints in Basement. "Several recently-made unidentified shoeprints were found in the basement, imprinted in mold growing on the basement floor. (SMF P 151; PSMF P 151.) In particular, a shoeprint of a "HI-TEC" brand mark on the sole of a shoe was found. (SMF P 152; PSMF P 152.) Defendants do not own any "HI-TEC" brand shoes, and none of the shoes found in their home match the shoeprint marks. (SMF P 153; PSMF P 153.) Another partial shoeprint was found near where JonBenet's body was found. (SMF P 155; PSMF P 155.) This shoeprint left only a partial logo. The owner of the "HI-TEC" shoe that made the shoeprints at the murder scene has never been identified. (SMF P 154, 155; PSMF P 154, 155.)" (Carnes 2003:19).

Last edited by docyabut; 02-18-2014 at 05:27 PM..

Old 02-18-2014, 05:19 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I never quite understood through the transcripts or anywhere else who got up first -- John or Patsy. John stated in a police transcript that he got up just before the alarm was set to go off at 5:30 a.m. When did Patsy get up? Or did she never go to bed at all, as she was wearing the same clothing from the previous night's party? And why, after calling all their friends for consolation while they "waited," did they not sit together, but in two different groups? Wouldn't a husband and wife fearing for their child naturally comfort each other?
I recently read the transcripts by Patsy and she said she got up early, started walking down the stairs and found the note lying there, on the stairs. She looked in JonBenet's room and saw that she was gone, then raced back to the bedroom and woke John up.

So he said he woke up just before the alarm was supposed to go off at 5:30? Their stories don't match.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:24 PM

973 posts, read 1,452,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
Mr. Ramsey,

Listen carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction. We do respect your businessbut not the country that it serves. At this time we have your daughter in our possession . She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.

You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a earlier delivery pick-up of your daughter.

Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her remains for proper burial. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them. Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded. If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in any way marked or tampered with, she dies. You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies. You can try to deceive us but be warned that we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to out smart us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back.

You and your family are under constant scrutiny as well as the authorities. Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. It is up to you now John!

Victory!

S.B.T.C

not threatening at all?

All the bold, sounds either nonsensical, comical, or disorganized to me. Why would you kidnap someone for money (as the note is suggesting) if you feel it's likely to fail (99%)? The note only makes sense knowing Jonbenet is dead.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
If rigor mortis had set in, she was probably dead 4-12 hours before her body was found.
Net Assessment of Time of Death. Physical evidence suggests JBR died between 10 PM and 6 AM.

She screamed at 200am

Stanton "told the police on January 3 that she was certain she had heard a child’s scream at about 2:00 A.M. on the night of the murder"

Last edited by docyabut; 02-18-2014 at 05:48 PM..

Old 02-18-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
All the bold, sounds either nonsensical, comical, or disorganized to me. Why would you kidnap someone for money (as the note is suggesting) if you feel it's likely to fail (99%)? The note only makes sense knowing Jonbenet is dead.

Thats my theory the perps were holding out in the basement for the money.But when pasty call 911 with the phone tapped they listened into, they knew they would get the law and lefted out of there

There are historical examples of notes used successfully to secure ransoms even in cases where the kidnap victims were killed both before and after the notes were written. Thus, the fact that JBR was found dead cannot itself be taken as definitive proof that the RN was not genuine.

Last edited by docyabut; 02-18-2014 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime