Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 08:12 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
7:30 AM Ransom Amount Assembled. JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / December 26
From your link: "7:30 AM Ransom Amount Assembled. John Ramsey collected the $118,000 demanded in the ransom note (AngelFire timeline)."

That's a broken link. AngelFire is a blog site, so it appears as if this is someone's opinion. ("Build your own free website on Angelfire.")

In addition, John Ramsey said that he didn't know if the writer of the ransom note meant Dec 26 or Dec 27 by the use of the word "tomorrow." He said there was confusion over the whether the writer would have assumed that the family would have found the note on the morning of the 26, or that h/she was writing the note the night of the 25th and meant "tomorrow" to be Dec 26.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,418 times
Quote:
Perhaps the demand for the smaller amount of money they figured was more easier for Ramseys to get, if they demanded a million, they know they would surely get the law involved. They did demand the money in smaller bills.

You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills

"If the intruders was planning to flee to Mexico, at the exchange rate in effect at the time, 118,000 would have yielded 1 million pesos."
A million American dollars would be 10 million pesos at that time. I'm not buying they were just in it for the money. They broke into a millionaire's home and only want his bonus. I'm not buying this was just about money (versus pedophilia or something) when they don't even bother to take Jonbenet out of the house.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:50 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,418 times
Quote:
June the letter does sounds more of ,if the raseys didn't get the money, their daughter will be dead.
Which note? The original or the edited one? No offense, but please don't reply to me if you're going to reply in vague comments. I respond in very detailed responses to be people and you reply to me in very vague/short responses or ignore my responses. The ball is in your court.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:04 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Can anyone prove that John made arrangements to get the money?

If I thought my child had been kidnapped, I would get the money ASAP, work with police/detectives re: how to deliver it, and then pull my hair out, hyperventilate, shake, and feel sick to my stomach while waiting for the phone to ring for further instructions. I wouldn't wonder if they meant that day or the next day; I'd be in panic mode and react immediately.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:18 PM

243 posts, read 509,728 times
Im not sure what time John arranged to get the money- it would be in the transcripts somewhere?

The note, the note, the note.

I remember there were comparisons of the Leopold and Loeb case ransom note to the Ramsey ransom note- someone who knew of the case using it to get ideas. it was long and rambling like the Ramsey note, and a lot alike iirc.
One of the things that was in that note that wasnt in the Ramsey note though, was about the money having to be in unmarked bills so it couldn't be traced.
Why wasn't JBs killer worried that the money would be traced? maybe because they knew there was never going to be any money?

Old 02-21-2014, 05:43 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
Why wasn't JBs killer worried that the money would be traced? maybe because they knew there was never going to be any money?
JB's killer was probably not the one who wrote the note; it makes more sense that the killer was the female ransom note writer's male partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Can anyone prove that John made arrangements to get the money? If I thought my child had been kidnapped, I would get the money ASAP, work with police/detectives re: how to deliver it...
It would appear that the Boulder PD advised John against obtaining the money. Possibly they thought (knew?) the ransom note was a fake.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:50 PM

513 posts, read 470,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
Which note? The original or the edited one? No offense, but please don't reply to me if you're going to reply in vague comments. I respond in very detailed responses to be people and you reply to me in very vague/short responses or ignore my responses. The ball is in your court.
June, its what I get from the RN .The note was so specific over and over again ,that if the Ramesys contacted the law in any which way their daughter would be dead. The note said the perps were monitoring the Ramseys every move.Pastey called 911 and anyone knows when you call 911 and say your child was kidnapped the law comes frist.I think the perps were holding out in the basement.There are all kinds of taps that can be put on phones and phone boxes, they could have taken the device with them.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:06 PM

Leopold and Loeb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I havent seen the movie references mentioned here- Speed, Dirty Harry, Nick of Time, Ruthless People...a foreign faction that loved American movies?

Why weren't Pats's or Johns finger prints on the note? they read the note and didn't pick it up?
apparently that is what the Rams expect everyone to believe. that they read it from a standing position! and never touched it. a three page ransom note, which they later added it was spread out side by side on the step- (for their easy reading? lol). come on, do they really expect us to believe that? they got away with so many little things, like the note.
They were good I'll give them that!, John was a clever guy, you don't get to be a millionaire by being a dumbarse. and Patsy was no slouch either. jmo between them, they got away with it.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
Not only the Ramseys. Everyone in the house, except Arnt, ignored the deadline.

he was so concerned about his daughter that he had time that morning in his panicked state to casually flip thru his mail while they were waiting for the "kidnappers" to call.

they had to talk him out of flying to Atlanta even.

he knew full-well where and what happened to his daughter

Old 02-21-2014, 08:45 PM

JB's killer was probably not the one who wrote the note; it makes more sense that the killer was the female ransom note writer's male partner.

I think most people think it was Pats who wrote that note CA. experts concluding she couldnt be ruled out as the author of the note?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime