Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2011, 03:46 PM

179 posts, read 141,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, that is true . . . if one accepts that JonBenet was sexually molested.

If you take that out of the equation (that a pedophile did not murder JonBenet) . . . that pretty much changes everything. Pedophiles do repeat their behavior . . . but an accident "gone bad" w/ a cover up . . . that did not have to involve a pedophile.
She WAS sexually molested. The autopsy report is online and 9News had a scathing report done on it.

Old 12-25-2011, 03:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I never could figure out that loser who confessed to her murder, but it was determined he was lying. Why would anyone lie about being a killer of a little girl?! Sick.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:50 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,790 times
Quote:
It sure is.

I personally have always felt there was more than one person involved. If that is true, and it isn't a family member . . . some day the truth may come out . . . but the longer the case goes unsolved, the less likely that it will be solved.

Yeah, 15 years is a long time.

The case is not solved because the Ramseys spent millions of dollars evading and lying to the police.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseeker2 View Post
She WAS sexually molested. The autopsy report is online and 9News had a scathing report done on it.
There is a lot of debate by professionals on whether or not she was actually sexually molested.

Just b/c reporters do a story, it doesn't mean what they conclude - or even suggest - is fact. It is an opinion, often presented as "fact."

Experts disagree. Folks are gonna believe what they want to believe. I don't feel anyone has proven she was molested. Of course, it doesn't matter what I believe, but I say that only b/c juries are composed of 12 individuals with their own sensibilities and discernment . . . so if I am not convinced she was molested - after reading every reputable report I could find - that likely means someone out there is gonna be like me - and have their doubts.

In the end, I believe the poster who mentioned that pedophiles typically reoffend throughout their lives makes a valid point. If, indeed, there is a pedophile involved, then that person has most likely offended since JonBenet (and depending on his/her age . . . could have offended prior to JonBenet's death). So . . . if a pedophile is involved, this could be a possibility for bringing someone to justice eventually.

Sad to think someone could still be out there offending . . . but it is a possibility.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:08 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
The case is not solved because the Ramseys spent millions of dollars evading and lying to the police.
I don't see it that way, but again, all a matter of opinion and we all have opinions.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:06 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
It's been 15 years today and we will never know who murdered this beautiful child.

Unfortunately, this is the case in many crimes. It is an uncomfortable reality that we must live with. Life is not a tv program or book with no loose ends.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:40 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
There is a lot of debate by professionals on whether or not she was actually sexually molested. I don't feel anyone has proven she was molested.
I agree.

Quote:
the poster who mentioned that pedophiles typically reoffend throughout their lives makes a valid point. If, indeed, there is a pedophile involved...this could be a possibility for bringing someone to justice eventually.
If they could find the serial killer in L.A. dubbed "The Grim Sleeper" after two decades (due to a DNA match), possibly there's hope for this case. He--not a pedophile, obviously, but a similar mindset--did not reoffend for a long period, either. There was a recent article in Time magazine about how he was caught....it was fascinating to read about the painstaking method by which he was eventually found.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
There is a lot of debate by professionals on whether or not she was actually sexually molested.

Just b/c reporters do a story, it doesn't mean what they conclude - or even suggest - is fact. It is an opinion, often presented as "fact."

Experts disagree. Folks are gonna believe what they want to believe. I don't feel anyone has proven she was molested. Of course, it doesn't matter what I believe, but I say that only b/c juries are composed of 12 individuals with their own sensibilities and discernment . . . so if I am not convinced she was molested - after reading every reputable report I could find - that likely means someone out there is gonna be like me - and have their doubts.

In the end, I believe the poster who mentioned that pedophiles typically reoffend throughout their lives makes a valid point. If, indeed, there is a pedophile involved, then that person has most likely offended since JonBenet (and depending on his/her age . . . could have offended prior to JonBenet's death). So . . . if a pedophile is involved, this could be a possibility for bringing someone to justice eventually.

Sad to think someone could still be out there offending . . . but it is a possibility.
3 different experts findings were the same, thats enough to convince me.

Someone is responsible and still out there. Sexual abuse was the motivation for murder.

This isn't an isolted case, they never are.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:31 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I never could figure out that loser who confessed to her murder, but it was determined he was lying. Why would anyone lie about being a killer of a little girl?! Sick.
I suspect it got him out of serious trouble he was facing in Thailand if he hadn't been extradited. I think that was his rationale. He even got a free plane ride home.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:53 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I suspect it got him out of serious trouble he was facing in Thailand if he hadn't been extradited. I think that was his rationale. He even got a free plane ride home.
The cuckoo loved the notoriety it brings as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime