Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,403,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Also does it strike anyone else as odd that the wife of a millionaire CEO would dabble in Kiddie pageants?
I have seen the contestants on "Toddlers in Tiaras" and the are more blue collar than blue blood.
Did Patsy like to hold her superior social status over others? Certainly she could nat have had much in common with people who live in trailers and shop at Walmart.
Different types of people one would think.
She had been involved in beauty pageants --I believe she held a title or two.

I'll never be convinced she was involved.

Referencing your previous post---If I hated the Ramsey family intensely and wanted to hurt/destroy them then as a killer I think using a pad and pen belonging to the family would create additional problems.

I've lost my taste for crime and mystery stories--since the news supplies so many. I once enjoyed that genre and recall the twists and turns.
I believe a number of John Grisham's villains would have thought of implicating the family in this manner.
Perhaps someone was jealous of Patsy Ramsey and did this to cause her added pain and suffering?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:19 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,570,406 times
When a pedophile sneeks in a house, he's there for 1 thing, to take that kid out and sexually molest him/her. Taking time to write a long note (they call it the war and peace ransom note of all times) doesn't jive with the psychology of a pedophile. They're not gonna risk getting caught and in a house. And, if ransom was wanted/desired, why kill the kid? Why not play it out according to the note?
I also think the way this child was sexualized shows something "abnormal" about both parents. High heels, make-up, padding in the chest area, the feathers. And, the mom bleaching the child's hair every month. It's not normal for a mother or father to sexualize a child in that manner. It speaks about something in their psyches.
But, I think the death was probably an accident/rage flare-up that went out of control, then a cover-up after. It wasn't 1st degree planned. There is evidence,also, that she had been chronically sexually abused, not acute, but chronic inflammation.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 07-08-2010 at 09:37 AM..

Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
When a pedophile sneeks in a house, he's there for 1 thing, to take that kid out and sexually molest him/her. Taking time to write a long note (they call it the war and peace ransom note of all times) doesn't jive with the psychology of a pedophile. They're not gonna risk getting caught and in a house. And, if ransom was wanted/desired, why kill the kid? Why not play it out according to the note?
I also think the way this child was sexualized shows something "abnormal" about both parents. High heels, make-up, padding in the chest area, the feathers. And, the mom bleaching the child's hair every month. It's not normal for a mother or father to sexualize a child in that manner. It speaks about something in their psyches.
But, I think the death was probably an accident/rage flare-up that went out of control, then a cover-up after. It wasn't 1st degree planned. There is evidence,also, that she had been chronically sexually abused, not acute, but chronic inflammation.
'Some', 'Most' pedophiles--an exception to every rule.

I still think it was someone who knew John Ramsey from business associations.

A deeply, disturbed individual. The bizarre note seemed to serve its purpose--law enforcement focused on the family and no one has been charged. I think every bit of the horrific crime was planned. He/she might have become agitated or anxious at some point--perhaps it took longer than anticipated--didn't they use some chemical on a cloth to subdue her?--but they certainly seemed to know the family's plans and the layout of the house.

If the stepmother involved in the disappearance of Kyron Horman--a presumably 'average' person is capable of what has been inferred--hiring someone to kill her husband and setting up a scenario that would seem to remove her from suspicion--then an experienced or well-educated criminal could certainly make things even more complicated. Sickening --but apparently truth is stranger than fiction.

I don't care for children's beauty pageants, FWIW. Growing up in the South many people enjoy this. A real waste of time and money and a very unrealistic situation for any child.
I wouldn't want to live as the Duggars and their 19 children live but perhaps that is the better way.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 07-08-2010 at 10:26 AM..

Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM

23,878 posts, read 32,152,257 times
I really do agree with Pheonix Lady, in that I can not think of a case where a stranger has broken into a house, wrote the war and peace or ransom notes, then molest and torture the child IN HER OWN home and leave. Well what was the point from the outside predictors perspective? He or she has a nasty job to do. If he wanted ransom the first order of business would be to remove the kid and leave a note.
If he wanted to do other sick things to her he could have done that after he took the child OUT OF HER HOME! I just can not think of one instance of a break in assault abuse and nurder of a child by an outsider that included a ransom note.

There was also evidence that she had been molested chronically, as pheonix lady wrote.
If this were a one shot intruder that would not be the case.

Yes Patsy did have one title - Miss West Virginia - I believe 1876 in the Miss America Pageant System.

I am not against all pageants categorically - but the type that Jonbenet competed in are high glitz pageants. if you have ever watched "Toddlers in Tiaras" most of the contestants come from rather humble backgrounds -which makes the money that they spend seem even more outrageous
There is no connection between Miss America a scholarship competition, and these outrageous child pageants.

also what kind of mom bleaches a 6 year olds hair???

The whole thing is weird.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM

The whole thing is wierd, I completely agree.

I had forgotten some of the things you mentioned. Nothing really makes sense.

As for the paper and pen--maybe the lunatic had taken them at an earlier time? I know that's a weak theory.

I don't have any answers.

If I were thinking of having children I would give very careful consideration to the sort of activities I chose.

I don't like 'Toddlers and Tiaras' at all. Every time I happen to click on TLC I can only think of the potential problems for those children. Why parents would become involved in such a thing is mystifying.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM

255 posts, read 692,861 times
ransom note... ransom note... ransom note

Old 07-10-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLooking View Post
ransom note... ransom note... ransom note

I suppose you mean the ransom note was important.
Many have tried to put the pieces of this grisly puzzle together it is not something that I feel qualified to do.

There are those among us who are highly skilled in manipulating others and devote themselves to plotting and planning. If Phillip Garrido could abduct Jaycee Dugard and imprison/torture her for 19 yrs and go undetected then I assume that a similar sort of person masterminded this crime.

/gavel

Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 PM

114,839 posts, read 65,485,127 times
Forget the fact these parents lawyer-ed up....they acted very strangely for grieving parents. Note was bogus I'm sure. Odd people in my opinion and most likely the guilty party. One or both!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Forget the fact these parents lawyer-ed up....they acted very strangely for grieving parents. Note was bogus I'm sure. Odd people in my opinion and most likely the guilty party. One or both!
I think they acted rationally given the circumstances. Hoards of media 24/7 and verifiable errors on the part of LE.

'Odd people are the guilty party'. Good luck. It is subjective. To me the Ramseys behaved appropriately--to you they were strange.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:30 PM

114,839 posts, read 65,485,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I think they acted rationally given the circumstances. Hoards of media 24/7 and verifiable errors on the part of LE.

'Odd people are the guilty party'. Good luck. It is subjective. To me the Ramseys behaved appropriately--to you they were strange.
I would have been uncontrollable if it were my little girl. Good luck ...what?? It was my opinion! You're entitled to yours! You are not however entitled to change my quote! Which is as follows!

Odd people in my opinion and most likely the guilty party. One or both!

Most of the "verifiable" errors are probably what allowed the parents to escape justice! IMO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime