Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:50 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

You know I really don't think any story is to old to be worth of attention. I want tp know more about this one.
But it does sound like one of those tales that will haunt me for a good while.
Still I am going to try to get my hands on the book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 06:41 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
You know I really don't think any story is to old to be worth of attention. I want tp know more about this one.
But it does sound like one of those tales that will haunt me for a good while.
Still I am going to try to get my hands on the book.
Please do and when you have read it, let's discuss it here

Old 06-26-2010, 02:20 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
This is one of my favorite "Jane Doe" cases, ever! I have the book about this and I still wonder who she really was and where she came from. It still haunts me and will til it gets solved. That poor girl.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:31 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Crystal it's a date. I too get horribly affected by certain crimes. it is just so hard to fathom how some people do certain things and how they get away with it for so long is beyond my comprehension!

I think of that Jaycee case where that creep had a veritable shanty compound - a mini Jonestown in his back yard!
MY neighbors called the town on us because we had a boat in our back yard!

Old 06-29-2013, 04:14 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
Still no closer to answers in this case. A few people have been ruled out. What a mystery it is. Where could that creep Franklin Delano Floyd have gotten a young child like Sharon from? There are no children reported missing that could be her. The longer the years pass the less chance this has of being solved.

Who was this beautiful young woman?

Franklin with the child Sharon and later picture of Sharon as a young woman

Sharon's little boy Michael Hughes who was abducted and believed murdered by Floyd

Old 06-30-2013, 07:44 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
I read this one and have been reccomending it to everyone who will listen. It's maddening not to know what exactly happened or who she is. BTW, how can an unsolved mystery EVER be too old to be worthy of attention?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I read this one and have been reccomending it to everyone who will listen. It's maddening not to know what exactly happened or who she is. BTW, how can an unsolved mystery EVER be too old to be worthy of attention?
It is hard to believe that in a country like the US a person's identity can be such a mystery. It is so frustrating not knowing Sharon's real identity. There must be some people in Floyd's background that know because I can't see Floyd ever giving up his secrets. It would be great if one of those crime / investigation programs worked on this. It would be amazing if this can be solved.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:45 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
I had never heard of her before, but in reading a story I found by googling, I vaguely remember the school principle being tied to a tree, then released unharmed.

What a strange story. For absolutely nobody to have claimed her or have knowledge of her leads me to believe she was sold. Someone, somewhere has to know who she is, but for their own reasons, won't come forward.

Such a sad life but with so much promise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime