Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 PM

11 posts, read 29,311 times

Advertisements

Baby Denny? I have no Baby Denny in the baniszewski family I do however have a baby Dennis. anyways I have alot of information on this case and I would like to know why people hate the baby of the family when he was only a baby? I am angry on the other hand to the punishments that were handened out to the offenders. I also bellieve if you are trully sorry dont change your name come out and express your thoughts or feelings about this thankyou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 07:28 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
SNIP I myself believe in the death penalty and also I am against leaving them on death row for twenty yrs eating up our taxes to feed them , clothe them and give them medical and dental care when so many of our citizens cannot afford their own medical and dental care . SNIP
I have always heard that it costs way more to give someone the death penalty than life imprisonment, due to automatic appeals, increased costs of incarceration, etc. You might want to research some of the studies regarding this. Regardless, I personally oppose the death penalty.

To answer the OP's question - yes, I would want to know. However, who would decide what crime qualified?

Old 11-19-2012, 09:42 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
5 boys between the ages of 16 and 17 leave a football game in one car. They stop at a gas station and two of the boys are standing next to the vehicle and three go into the store and buy chips, pop and junk food. They leave the store and see the two boys in a fight so they try to defend them. All 5 are charged, convicted, sentenced as adults on carjacking. 12 years later they are released from prison/parole. One of them goes to work for a family member or friend of the family, marries and has a kid and moves into the house next door. You say hi to each other.

One of them is convicted of another crime and your online newspaper has links to click for past articles related to the same name and you come across your neighbors name.You run his name through the state offender system and confirm the information. Now what?

This person was convicted of a violent crime.

Do you "warn" all of your neighbors? Do you run to the PTO? Do you tell anyone who listens because "you" are the neighbor?

Let's say you have. The neighbors begin getting threatening phone calls, letters and their home and vehicles are vandalized---all of which is against the law but is somehow justified by the "good" citizens who want to keep the rubbish out.

No, you do the crime and the time, your done.

It isn't necessary to get a notification by mail. If you have a name, your good to go. (Excepting sexual offenses).
i dont think that is what the OP was talking about. just like with the sex offender registry, which indicates the crime that the person was convicted of, a registry for this sort of thing would have to include specifics.

and i don't think it is enough to quantify something as a violent crime. armed robbery is violent, but given a choice of living next to a robber or a serial killer, we would all choose the former.

i think any crime involving children, torture, cannibalism, murder by knife (not a gun) is fair game. all crime is a sort of violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime