Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 07:42 PM

23,072 posts, read 28,795,075 times

Advertisements

Been following the teenage burglar from Washington known for his daring exploits to evade capture since April 2008? Apparently he has moved eastward, to Nebraska/Iowa/Illinois according to authorities.

He has 42,000 followers on Facebook (I just checked him out there myself, with a great number of posts saying: Run Colton Run!) where he is looked upon as a hero.

This guy is as slippery as an eel, and he commits most of his crime sans footwear, thus the Barefoot Bandit.

He has believed to have stolen boats, cars and several small airplanes which he hot-wired and crash-landed.

He was born 3/22/91. I checked him out astrologically as well, to see how slippery this guy is. Moon and Mars in slippery Gemini, combined with Sun/Mercury in risk-taking Aries. Venus in luxury-loving Tauraus.

Where do you stand on this? Run, Colton run? Or surrender?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM

7,801 posts, read 10,065,238 times
You can now add the Monroe County, FL Sheriff's Office, the US Coast Guard, and the Royal Bahamas Police Force to the list of law enforcement agencies looking for this kid.
'Barefoot Bandit' Colton Harris-Moore Might Have Struck Again
Colton Harris-Moore: Did 'Barefoot Bandit' Crash Latest Stolen Plane in Bahamas? - ABC News

As for him personally, at first I thought it was funny but now he's taking things too far and he needs to be stopped before he hurts himself or someone else. He's already crossed 2 international borders and committed crimes in 3 different nations, he stole a shotgun and an AR-15 rifle from an Island County, WA sheriff's deputy's marked patrol car and later fired at Snohomish County, WA sheriff's deputies during a search for him, he also blew up a propane tank and set a home on fire to distract the cops while he escaped, etc .... he has to be stopped period. Sooner or later someone is going to be killed or seriously injured. It's not a game anymore.

It does go to show though that all this fancy dancy technology is not always fail safe and perfect. This kid was able to steal a plane in Indiana and fly it all the way to the Florida Keys and then over to the Bahamas (a major drug smuggling route) and nobody noticed anything? So much for the "major changes" made by NORAD after 9/11/2001 and this snazzy new radar system CBP has to look for drug smugglers and illegal immigrants. Lastly, this kid has been the subject of dozens of manhunts by the FBI, Washington National Guard, and several state and local law enforcement agencies ... and he has eluded them all. When this kid finally gets caught we should offer him a job as a consultant to the CIA, his skills would be of tremendous help to the CIA, Special Ops types, etc.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,947,041 times
I think he's got an interesting story, but like WIHS said, I think it's going to end tragically - he will hurt or kill someone.

I can't imagine living the life he has led on his own. I'm sure people are helping him along the way. The blood will be on their hands too when something happens to an innocent bystander during one of his stunts.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:06 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,783,869 times
Default Busted!

'Barefoot Bandit' arrested in Bahamas – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Harris-Moore, 19, was taken into police custody on the northern island of Eleuthera, said Love 97's Nikia Deveaux, quoting Glen Miller, assistant commissioner of the Royal Bahamas Police Force.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:06 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,065,238 times
He has been captured and is now in the custody of the Royal Bahamas Police Force.
FOXNews.com - Police official says US teen fugitive known as 'Barefoot Bandit' caught in the Bahamas

He's going to be begging to be extradiated once he sees the condition of his cell at Her Majesty's Prison Fox Hill

Old 07-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Oh well! I'm sure many were hoping and praying he'd end up being another Eric Rudolph, the Olympic/Abortion Clinic Bomber, who escaped capture for years in the Appalachian mountain district, confounding the police and FBI.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:49 AM

4,552 posts, read 14,979,682 times
to all of his supporters, I hope he robs your house

Old 07-12-2010, 05:33 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,810,743 times
I think this guy watched the movie "Catch Me if you can" one too many times. Maybe he thought he was Leonardo DiCaprio. There is nothing to admire about this kid...he was actually flying planes with no flight training.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:16 PM

218 posts, read 718,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
to all of his supporters, I hope he robs your house
I agree, that guy is a criminal and it is horrible that he has a fan club and so many supporters. Oh and you can not forget his pathetic mother that is writing a book and going to profit from her sons crime spree. She should use all profits to help pay back her son victims. Hopefully this kid get a long sentence and learn his lesson.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 PM

I think the reason he has so many supporters, is from the awareness that there are so many lazier, highly educated, white-collar criminals and politicians getting away with murder today, with nothing more than a "slap to their wrists".

They read about dangerous, greedy, highly educated criminals like Bernie Madoff, compare him to the Barefoot Bandit, and they think: Go figure!

And it's no surprise, Colton's punishment will be far more severe. Myself, I hope he escapes. And run, Colton, run!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime