Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

No fence sitting here. McDonald is a true psychopath and a cold blooded killer. He like most of his type is a wonderful liar and confabulated an amazing story - but that is about it.

The Innocence Project is a great group but they have much better things to do than look at McDonald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 04:49 PM

314 posts, read 1,182,384 times
I was actually treated by Dr. McDonald! He worked the ER on week-ends in my home town and I was treated by him for a sore throat. Can't recall anything about him other than he came off as "nice". I was a young teen at the time.

Forward a few years and I found myself working in that very hospital. Many of the nurses who had worked with McDonald were still on staff and we used to sit around when things were quiet (night shift) and discuss him. Many remembered him as a "silver tongued devil" and one was convinced he could walk on water. All but that particular nurse were certain he was guilty. When a motive was discussed, they all believed he'd taken drugs to stay awake in order to do the week-end work on top of his weekly duties and that something went wrong. Horribly wrong! None believed he'd dabbled in drugs in order to get "high" but had only taken drugs to remain awake and alert. That's *their* theory only. Hope we all find out the entire truth some day.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:42 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
That seems to make sense. The whole thing. I could believe that he would be pleasant and nice - especially to a young teen girl.

As a former nurse this sure sounds like night shift talk. Not surprised that he had one supporter. I would be mildly surprised if he had two, however.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:06 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Anyone think he's innocent of the murder of his wife, 2 young daughters and unborn child in the 70's?

I saw a re-run today on a show aired back in 2006, I think. He's trying to get a new trial, based on the fact of the woman "in the floppy hat" who testified it was her and some other friends in his house who did it all. She recanted her story later on, but his "justice" team is trying to get him a new trial based on that evidence. The woman, too, in the mean time, has passed away.
And, of course he found a woman to marry who believes he's a wonderfully, kind considerate psychopath, oops, husband.
Any thoughts on this case?
I studied this case years ago when I was in college. I was able to view crime scene photos and read police records.

Do some research on blood splatters and luggage- you'll find out for yourself if he's guilty or not.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:27 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
I read the book also (isn't Joe McGuiness the one who is living next to Sarah Palin this summer?)

I thought he was guilty , too. I hoped he wasn't as he was sort of a local boy, but I really think he just became crazy or something. I wonder if he even believes himself.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 10-17-2014 at 10:59 AM..

Old 07-24-2010, 08:41 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb J View Post
I was actually treated by Dr. McDonald! He worked the ER on week-ends in my home town and I was treated by him for a sore throat. Can't recall anything about him other than he came off as "nice". I was a young teen at the time.

Forward a few years and I found myself working in that very hospital. Many of the nurses who had worked with McDonald were still on staff and we used to sit around when things were quiet (night shift) and discuss him. Many remembered him as a "silver tongued devil" and one was convinced he could walk on water. All but that particular nurse were certain he was guilty. When a motive was discussed, they all believed he'd taken drugs to stay awake in order to do the week-end work on top of his weekly duties and that something went wrong. Horribly wrong! None believed he'd dabbled in drugs in order to get "high" but had only taken drugs to remain awake and alert. That's *their* theory only. Hope we all find out the entire truth some day.

Interesting. The "silver tongued devil" is so classic for a sociopath. Smooth talker and smooth operator. Sounds so plausible, too, about the drugs and reason taken.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb J View Post

Pretty sure I know the hospital. I always had a fear I'd have a car accident near that place and be taken to that ER, look up and see him. Horrible thought as I've always thought he was guilty as .

Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM

314 posts, read 1,182,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Pretty sure I know the hospital. I always had a fear I'd have a car accident near that place and be taken to that ER, look up and see him.

OMG!!! That's funny.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:14 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,212,194 times
Does not sound cut and dry to me.

Dr. Jeffrey MacDonald, convicted of killing his family, has new — The Fairy Tale — Crime Library on truTV.com

Case Facts

Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,801 times
Fatal Vision was the first true crime book I ever read (in jr high)......got me HOOKED. And yes I thought him guilty as sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime