Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:35 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,844 times

Advertisements

The last time I lived in a rental we came to see the place and the previous tenants stuff was all still there (which can be common) the landlord told us the tenant was very ill and was being moved to another facility so she could be better taken care of.

Well about 10 months later the neighbor upstairs told us the tenant had actually died in the apartment and the landlord had told them not to tell us! It didn't really creep me out or anything but I was PO'd that the landlord had lied to us and asked the other tenant not to say anything.

Well we ended up having to move out of there due the landlord getting married and wanting to move into our place (yet another low blow!) So when we had the walk through to give back the keys I decided to have a little fun with him and tell him that he should call an electrician in because the lights in the bedroom always turn themselves on and off and that even if we locked the bedroom door it would always be open by morning, maybe it's not level or something?? You should have seen the look on his face! I was so angry about him kicking us out that I was able to keep a straight face and not reveal that I was full of it. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
a little off topic, but funny.

Do I live below a serial killer?

Old 10-24-2010, 03:31 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Recently while searching for a house, I ran into a man in the lobby of the hotel where we were staying. We started talking and he said that he had a nice house to sell in a lovely part of the city.
I called my broker to tell him and he asked what street the house was on.
I asked the man and he replied "Birch"
I told the Realtor and he said "NOT 75 Birch?!?" so I asked the man and he said 75.
I relayed this to the agent and he told me that a dentist killed his wife thee in the 1980s.
There was a made for TV movie called "Murder At 75 Birch St"

Out of curiosity we went to see the house. My RE agent came as did the sellers agent my husband and the seller.

The seller did not enter the house. He paced around outside and talked nervously on his cell phone.

As for myself, I entered the house and I felt sadness. Suddenly, I felt compelled to walk upstairs and I found myself in the master bedroom. I heard the two RE agents talking and one said "I think she found the room."

I felt dizzy and I had a hard time breathing. I asked them if she had fought hard for her life and if she had been beaten and strangled. They confirmed that she had.
Then I just wanted to get out. Fast.

I still have not seen the movie - has anyone here seen it? Melissa Gilbert plated the wife.
That experience really freaked me out.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Oh gosh, I wonder what kind of experiences the seller had in the house. I wouldn't have been reluctant to ask him, the pacing outside confirms there was something. After you mentioned Melissa Gilbert, a quick recollection ran thru my head of a TV movie, I've probably seen it not realizing it was a true story. I'll definitely look for the movie.

Heres a quick review of the movie, I'm sure you've already googled and seen it though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188073/usercomments
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Recently while searching for a house, I ran into a man in the lobby of the hotel where we were staying. We started talking and he said that he had a nice house to sell in a lovely part of the city.
I told the Realtor and he said "NOT 75 Birch?!?" so I asked the man and he said 75.
I relayed this to the agent and he told me that a dentist killed his wife thee in the 1980s.

Out of curiosity we went to see the house. My RE agent came as did the sellers agent my husband and the seller.

The seller did not enter the house. He paced around outside and talked nervously on his cell phone.

As for myself, I entered the house and I felt sadness. Suddenly, I felt compelled to walk upstairs and I found myself in the master bedroom. I heard the two RE agents talking and one said "I think she found the room."

I felt dizzy and I had a hard time breathing. I asked them if she had fought hard for her life and if she had been beaten and strangled. They confirmed that she had.

I still have not seen the movie - has anyone here seen it? Melissa Gilbert plated the wife.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:35 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

The house probably had a crappy furnace and you guys were getting low level CO2 poisoning.

There is a cave in Italy or Greece that was known for centuries of being the gate to hades and to venture in would doom you etc. etc. and the few that ventured in died. Even the smell of sulphur in the air etc.

Turns out that the cave had heavy gas concentrations from natural seepage and yeah if you went down in there you'd succumb to the gas and die.

Just something to consider.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:47 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
We've had 3 neighbors die in their houses. No one was murdered, though.
We did have a neighbor that stabbed his wife, several times. My mom called 911 (this was when I was 12) and they got to her in time to help her. She lived, but it was bad.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The house probably had a crappy furnace and you guys were getting low level CO2 poisoning.

There is a cave in Italy or Greece that was known for centuries of being the gate to hades and to venture in would doom you etc. etc. and the few that ventured in died. Even the smell of sulphur in the air etc.

Turns out that the cave had heavy gas concentrations from natural seepage and yeah if you went down in there you'd succumb to the gas and die.

Just something to consider.
Yes! and the Oracle of Delphi!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ioracle_2.html

Old 10-25-2010, 05:38 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
A roommate of one of my friends in college killed himself by shooting himself in the head.

A few months later, I moved into that house, into the room where this happened.

I didn't think it would bother me, but after a few weeks, I started feeling like I was being watched when I was in the room.

I think my mind was just playing tricks on me, because it eventually went way.

Also, just after college, I was still living in Seattle and I moved into a house near the university.

I later found out that my bedroom window faced the house that Ted Bundy killed one of his first victims in. I would look out my window and see a door on the side of the house. That is the door he entered to go into the basement where he killed his victim.

That was kind of creepy.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:43 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times
Wow, interesting thread. I don't know why but the topic facsinates me. I've never seen a ghost/spirit nor have I experienced living or staying in a place that was haunted. I'm not 100% sure but I do believe there must be something to it as too many normal well-adjusted people have had experiences. I live in a prt of the U.S. where everything is new so there really are no old buildings/houses as everything in South Florida seems to get torn down after 20 yrs. I guess the land can be haunted though.

Lastly, my grandfather died in what's now my room but I've never experienced anything paranormal. I LOVE to read/watch things about this however I really don't think I'd want to live in a place that was haunted, lol.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:50 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
A roommate of one of my friends in college killed himself by shooting himself in the head.

A few months later, I moved into that house, into the room where this happened.

I didn't think it would bother me, but after a few weeks, I started feeling like I was being watched when I was in the room.

I think my mind was just playing tricks on me, because it eventually went way.

Also, just after college, I was still living in Seattle and I moved into a house near the university.

I later found out that my bedroom window faced the house that Ted Bundy killed one of his first victims in. I would look out my window and see a door on the side of the house. That is the door he entered to go into the basement where he killed his victim.

That was kind of creepy.

Just read "The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule. That book was VERY creepy, as was "The Gainesville Ripper". Both those books kept me up at night and I'm not easily fazed. The really crazy part is Bundy was never even charged with the WA murders, he left very little to no evidence- CREEPY INDEED!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime