Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:55 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times

Advertisements

immature??? How about outright evil and a sociopath.

Her stepdaughter is missing and all she's worried about is the color of her hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Oh I agree that she is evil. However she struck me as self centered in the way a teenager might react, so I did note that along with supreme narssism, she was extreemly imature.
I do not mean that in a dismisive way - I mean it in a patholgigcal way. This type of malignant immaturity is especially dangerous in a parent.
Her concern over her appearence coupled with her narsisism and self centered behavior remind me a bit of another mother from hell - Diane Downs.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:21 PM

very true...maybe as her step daughter started growing up, she was making her feel even "older" and she couldn't handle that.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:18 PM

Interestin POV, loveautumn!

Old 11-05-2010, 08:12 AM

175 posts, read 750,356 times
biological mother speaks out for the first time

Zahra feared dead by biological mother | zahra, baker, girl - Local News - Gaston Gazette (http://www.gastongazette.com/news/zahra-52317-baker-girl.html - broken link)

Old 11-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Using the Internet, she discovered he was living in the U.S. Just three days later, she said, Zahra was reported missing.
"Why would it happen that I would find her and three days later this would happen?" she said, sobbing. "It's just mean."

hummm, I wonder if they knew biomom had found them. In her quote, she says she finds out they are living in the US and then she says she found her...there's a big difference there.

I'm also unclear whether biomom had contact with Zahra when she still lived in Australia with the grandmother or not. Was grandmother maternal or paternal?

I mean, I do feel sorry for her but after abandoning your child for 10 years, what can one say? Same issue in the Harmon case...biomom gives up her son to the dad and stepmom and same thing happens...both kids are dead.
All these crazy family arrangements these days are putting so many kids at risk.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Kyron Harmon (sp) from the northwest is still missing and the situation for Zahra is looking more and more bleak. I think the grandmother who raised her was paternal and she & her other son are here in the US now in support of Z's father, Adam. In the photo I saw of Zahra's bio mom, she looked very young - and very much like her daughter. Not sure if she's married and has other children. 10 years is a long time to go w/ no communication about her daughter. Had also heard she was paying Adam child support but not sure how accurate that is. My impression was that Z was somewhat a celebrity in Australia so it's a little strange that her bio mom had such a hard time locating her, as she claims (post-partum depression usually doesnt last for many years).

Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 PM

904 posts, read 2,873,747 times
My local news is reporting that bones found are Zarah's. Poor thing. Eventhough I was sure she was gone, it's hard news to hear.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:04 PM

It seems to me that all of the adults in Zahara's life failed her. One or two killed her, but bio mom garners no sympathy points from me. I can not see letting anyone other than myself raise my children.
If I were involved in a divorce, I would never surrender custody, and if for some reason I did not get it, I would rent the house across the street until I did.
I would not live in another town - much less another continent!

Historically odd living arrangements have put many a child in danger. However it is usually one or more of their BIO parents who consented to this arrangement - or engineered it!
The bio mom also appears to be crying for herself.
I really do not like any of these people! If I lived in that area I would have been way more proactive in looking out for a sick child with obviously unstable parents. Shame on them all!

BUT stepmother is WICKED and evil!

Old 11-12-2010, 05:13 PM

biomom and biodad were not married, I think that's why she had so much trouble with the courts.

In one of her interviews, she called him her "partner", never husband
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime