Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2016, 04:50 PM

811 posts, read 732,018 times

Advertisements

Guy I knew in High School. Wasn't a bad person, but got in with some of the wrong people by selling weed to get by. He went missing a few years ago, after a pretty public search effort they found him dead in a closet in the house of one of his friends, shot in the head. Guy that killed him was in Iraq and last I heard was trying a PTSD defense, but not much more information about the case has ever gone public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 01:17 AM

3,234 posts, read 2,305,323 times
Yes, a friend of my son's, a beautiful girl who was murdered a few years back at age 17. She had just started college. It was horrific.

Old 01-08-2023, 08:15 AM

11 posts, read 6,339 times
A couple of my parent's best friends had a daughter about 8 months younger than me. Whenever the families got together we'd hang out together since we were close together in age. We weren't BFFs or anything but she we was a friend that I'd known all my life. When she was 18 and living on her own a guy broke into her apartment, raped her and murdered her. Happened in late 70s.

About three decades later they solved the crime based on DNA when the murderer was in prison for another crime. A good thing of course but kind of sucked for her family because it brought back the worst time of their lives.

Old 01-08-2023, 08:49 AM

73,909 posts, read 1,829,107 times
I had a friend I played golf with, he was out colleting rent money. A guy robbed him and shot him in the leg and he bleed out, no one around to help him.

Old 01-08-2023, 02:10 PM

16,991 posts, read 21,667,967 times
Kid I went to high school with was drunk and was beating up a girlfriend, neighbor tried to break it up. My classmate brought his fists to a gunfight and that was his last day on earth.

When I was in high school I worked at a high end country club. One of the member's sons was a psycho, got arrested for a pair of rapes/kidnapping a child (luckily kid was unharmed). He did time, got out and killed a woman that lived nearby. He is back in prison but scheduled for release next year. Guy was good looking, rich (drove a brand new Porsche) and he was a little odd but nobody expected major psycho crimes from the guy! I couldn't believe a guy that had that outward appearance was such a criminal! Parents are dead by now, it should be interesting to see what happens when he is released.

A family friend's son was murdered at a gas station......still unsolved. They pitched it as he was getting gas in a bad neighborhood, I always thought it was a failed drug deal ripoff. Great family, kid was in/out of trouble and the cops put about 10 minutes of time into the case (which is another reason I thought it was a failed drug deal).

A contractor I knew killed his girlfriend, but that case hasn't come to trial yet. I think there is way more to that story but the facts aren't all out on that one.

Old 01-08-2023, 04:21 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,647,399 times
I guy I went to high school with(who I knew casually form gym) was know as someone that liked to get in fights. He went to a party and got into it with guy who was having the party. He hurt him pretty bad. He was outside by his car smoking when the guy comes out and shot him dead. Didnt go to jail either. This was back in early 90's.

Old 01-08-2023, 08:09 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,169,213 times
Yes. But I probably already mentioned it.

Old 01-08-2023, 10:57 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,133,054 times
I used to work with a guy who was arrested for being the middleman in a murder-for-hire case.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:22 PM

984 posts, read 1,002,223 times
The older brother of a close friend of mine in high school was murdered on Staten Island in the early 1990's. I believe that he was around 18 or 19 and had gone to sleep in his car outside of a bar or night club to avoid driving drunk, from what we gathered at the time. He was robbed and killed, and found in a dumpster. I had never met the older brother and first met and befriended his younger brother maybe a year after this had happened. It was an awful story though, and I remember that their mother became incredibly religious afterwards, and attended church every single morning (even during the week after dropping my friend off at school).

A woman that I knew in graduate school was murdered by her husband maybe 10 years later. I did not know her very well but thought highly of her and was horrified to hear what had happened.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:39 PM

701 posts, read 372,294 times
yes attempted murder and suicide. It was my high school friend. We hung out alot. I remember him to be very spoiled and angry when things did not go his way. His mother had a very weird personality. His parents gave him everything.

2 decades later, he shot his wife and turned the gun on himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime