Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 03:24 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

I know it can take a decade or 2 for someone on Death Row in CA to be executed, but I've never heard, one way or another, if he was finally executed or he's still on Death Row.

That book on Randy Kraft gave me a good scare as I read it, as during that exact time he was killing those hitchhikers, I had hitchhiked out to L.A., and due to its popularity, I even hitched around L.A. during 1968 and I could have been one of his victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 03:49 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
From what I could find, not yet executed.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:45 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,012,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I know it can take a decade or 2 for someone on Death Row in CA to be executed, but I've never heard, one way or another, if he was finally executed or he's still on Death Row.

That book on Randy Kraft gave me a good scare as I read it, as during that exact time he was killing those hitchhikers, I had hitchhiked out to L.A., and due to its popularity, I even hitched around L.A. during 1968 and I could have been one of his victims.

He's still alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Kraft

Old 10-19-2018, 10:15 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Great comparison to the green river killer where they got him to take life no parole and removed the risk of the death penalty as long as he provided closure on all of his murders, lead them to remains etc.

Doesn't appear to have been the case here and the guy has sat in jail for decades.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:17 AM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:

Alive and still evil as ever. He is a very dark evil soul! Thank god he is captured and caged up. Read all about him and seen several documentaries.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:22 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
So, in other words, if you're going to be a murderer, do it in California and you'll die of old age on Death Row. Yes, I know, they're allowed 12 appeals, and given the log-jammed courts in CA, it doesn't surprise me.

Old 11-29-2023, 07:11 AM

26,714 posts, read 26,776,017 times
The remains of a young man believed to be among the first victims of Randy Kraft — a notorious 1970s-era serial killer dubbed the “Scorecard Killer” — have been identified through investigative geneaology nearly 50 years after they were discovered in what is now Aliso Viejo, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department announced Tuesday.

The John Doe victim, who now has been identified as Cedar Rapids, Iowa, resident Michael Ray Schlicht, was found dead on the side of a freeway in 1974. His death was at first thought to be from accidental alcohol and diazepam intoxication.

Many details surrounding John Doe’s death were released to the public at the time in hopes that someone could help to establish his identity. His fingerprint classification was submitted to the Criminal Identification and Investigation Division in Sacramento, the FBI and Canadian authorities with negative results, according to the sheriff’s department.

After weeks of unsuccessful efforts to establish his identity, John Doe was interred at El Toro Memorial Park in an unmarked grave. Investigators for years have tried to establish his identity, the sheriff’s department said in a news release Tuesday (11/28/23).

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/11/2...r-randy-kraft/

Old 12-01-2023, 07:13 PM

Quote:

I read several stories on him also. He is a horrible human being! He is still on death row.

Old 12-02-2023, 02:08 AM

"Randy Kraft - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Kraft

Here's something to read about this guy, "the scorecard killer."

Old 12-08-2023, 09:46 PM

1,536 posts, read 1,482,253 times
There's no death row in California anymore. Our current governor ordered a moratorium on executions and the inmates were disbursed into the general prison population. Maybe the next governor will have more sense.

Being in the general population maybe some of this scum will be killed by fellow inmates. Wishful thinking I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime