Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:48 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I don't think she'll get the death penalty and even if she does she'll probably be resentenced down the road. I don't think she'll rough it in prison either, she'll likely be popular with other inmates due to her celebrity-like status. She'll get fan mail from wackos,(she already has people who never met her sending money to her commissary account).

Looks like she's going to Lowell C.I.....not exactly a horrific place like Union C.I. or Florida State Prison the men would have to endure. There have been reports of female prisoners getting raped by male guards at Lowell but given Casey's penchant for promiscuity that won't be a problem for her. I think she's looking at the 99 year plan where they run sentences consecutive rather than concurrent.
I think the choices for 1st degree murder will boil down to death, life without parole, or life with parole. As I remember from living in FL, the judge has sole discretion, with the juries and prosecutors only role as issuing a recommendation. A few women have been executed in FL, but for the most part people are squeemish about issuing death sentences to women. But life "with parole" is feasable - I am not sure what that means in Florida but it could potentially mean that she is out in 15 years, a travesty for sure. But, on the other hand, based on the circumstances - no one can dismiss the possibility of a death sentence. The State of Florida sentences people to die quite frequently. That means having a cell in Raiford near "Old Sparky" going through seamingly endless appeals waiting for the date with the chair.

Edit: Note that Anthony has also satisfied a few of the Florida Law aggravating factors used to determine if a sentence of death is called for or not (only one is needed):
1.) Murder of a person less than 12 years of age.
2.) Murder during commision of aggravated child abuse
3.) Victim was vulnerable due to being under a position of custodial care by the Murderer
...some of these seem redundant, but not under Florida law.

Last edited by Dd714; 06-06-2011 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 01:51 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I That means having a cell in Raiford near "Old Sparky" going through seamingly endless appeals waiting for the date with the chair.
Self corrections:
- It seems that Florida has moved to lethal injection since I moved away. Old Sparky has been retired.
- The infamous Raiford death row cells are male only, the other poster has it right I think. Nearby Lowell houses female prisoners.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:30 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,850,891 times
It was reported that Casey wanted to adopt out the child but Cindy wouldn't let her (not that she needed her permission), but she probably talked her out of it. At some level, Cindy "agreed" to help raise Caylee, which she has done, but with her own job, etc and Caylee out every night, it started to become too much for her 24/7 (can't blame her for that). I has been confirmed that they had a horrendous fight the night before Casey took off the Caylee for the last time, but this hasn't come out in the trial. I'm not sure why. Seems the jury would then understand why Casey wanted to get rid of the daughter...no more babysitter, and she would have to stay home more (at least during the week) to take care of her child. I think this put her over the edge and it wasn't what she had "signed up for" with her mother. I think that's why Cindy feels so terribly guilty, because of that fight (one of many I imagine). I think Casey did it to spite her mother as well...in her own words "I am a spiteful bxxxx". I do agree that she was spoiled rotten her whole life.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:40 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
It was reported that Casey wanted to adopt out the child but Cindy wouldn't let her (not that she needed her permission), but she probably talked her out of it. At some level, Cindy "agreed" to help raise Caylee, which she has done, but with her own job, etc and Caylee out every night, it started to become too much for her 24/7 (can't blame her for that). I has been confirmed that they had a horrendous fight the night before Casey took off the Caylee for the last time, but this hasn't come out in the trial. I'm not sure why. Seems the jury would then understand why Casey wanted to get rid of the daughter...no more babysitter, and she would have to stay home more (at least during the week) to take care of her child. I think this put her over the edge and it wasn't what she had "signed up for" with her mother. I think that's why Cindy feels so terribly guilty, because of that fight (one of many I imagine). I think Casey did it to spite her mother as well...in her own words "I am a spiteful bxxxx". I do agree that she was spoiled rotten her whole life.

That's interesting. I had heard the Anthoney's wanted to adopt Caylee but I hadn't heard Casey wanted to put her up for adoption.

I have an adult/child in my family that has similar problems as Casey's. The parents drive themselves crazy wondering what they did wrong with this one child yet they have two more grown kids that are totally responsible. I watched these kids grow up and saw no difference in the way they were raised.

I just have to believe some individuals are more prone to negative behaviour and some to positive. It can tear a family apart though, that is for sure.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:40 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Self corrections:
- It seems that Florida has moved to lethal injection since I moved away. Old Sparky has been retired.
- The infamous Raiford death row cells are male only, the other poster has it right I think. Nearby Lowell houses female prisoners.
BROWARD CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION is where they house female death row inmates.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:43 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
BROWARD CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION is where they house female death row inmates.
Until 2003 then it was moved to Lowell CI and Lowell CI Annex just outside Ocala, FL.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:30 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Until 2003 then it was moved to Lowell CI and Lowell CI Annex just outside Ocala, FL.
I seem to recall that Lowell was a men's prison once?

Old 06-07-2011, 08:49 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I seem to recall that Lowell was a men's prison once?
Could have been but per FL DOC's website Lowell Correctional Institution -- Fl Dept. of Corrections it's been a female facility for a long time. They have renamed it throughout the years and are expanding it into 2012. The FL DOC site is really pretty cool...you can see the inmates photos, crime history, sentences, facility history, etc. Of the current female death row inmates at Lowell one appears to have a black eye in her prison photo. If you really want to see some hard timers browse Florida State Prison or Union CI and there are guys who have death sentences and release dates like 2030-2060.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I don't care about the death penalty. I just hope she is convicted. And in prison for life.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:33 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,850,891 times
the photos of Caylee when she was found were being shown today...I guess they are very, very disturbing. Casey became ill in court and they are recessed until tomorrow morning. Too bad...she'll have to come back tomorrow to see the rest of those pictures of the skeleton, teeth, duct tape...all her handywork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime