Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 04:10 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

JURY TRIAL TRANSCRIPTS 1997
https://darliefacts.com/jury-trial-transcripts/

DOCUMENTS
https://darliefacts.com/documents/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 04:24 PM

125 posts, read 81,123 times
I'm fascinated by the fact that some are completely convinced of her guilt and others are completely convinced of her innocence. I see evidence that supports both theories, so I'm not sure which side I'm on yet.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:28 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Amongst other things, it makes no sense to me that Darlie would murder her two children while leaving a third one alive.

And people do randomly break into homes to commit murder, rape, etc. These things happen. I don't live too far from where this incident occurred. I hate walking at night because it's so creepy and I've heard stories. I've also been stalked by someone in a car on one of my walks. There are lots of drifter types moving in and out of this area. Some of them have problems and issues.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,624 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobell View Post
I'm fascinated by the fact that some are completely convinced of her guilt and others are completely convinced of her innocence. I see evidence that supports both theories, so I'm not sure which side I'm on yet.
Me too. I'm right there with ya.

This is a mysterious case, with a lot of conflicting facts.

I'd really like to see another trial, though, because I'm not at all convinced they got it right.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:11 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
I just got through watching the last defense and that juror lady with the dark hair and glasses made me so mad and it just shows how some women on the jury were jealous of her . They judged her on her looks she went and got breast implants big deal , then the juror says I did not do that . Frankly they would not have helped you ms juror . Darlie liked to look good and since when is looking good against the law . I think some of these jurors needed a brain transplant . Frankly I think some on a jury and not just this case just vote guilty or not guilty to get out of there and that is so wrong . See I look at it this way I got to have peace in my heart and with God that I did the right thing . Not a lot of people care about that .

Old 07-04-2018, 12:19 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
that is just pure ignorance and I still think the jury was full of people who had never had any run ins with the law and or white coat syndrome . that sort of "well he is a dr , he knows sort of thing " again drs make asumptions when they really should do more investigating just like the cops and law enforcement . Yes drs make mistakes and so do law enforcement , only difference is they wear a different uniform .And usually it is not them paying for their mistakes it is the person they have made the mistakes upon .
If she gets another trial and is found guilty will you believe in her guilt then??

Darlie said she was stabbed on the couch which was blood free. Her blood was found in the sink that she leaned over when she stabbed herself. Explain that.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:15 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobell View Post

Ive been on criminal juries before. Seeing both sides means she is not guilty under our system which requires she be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Your doubt sounds reasonable even if you at times think she did it...

Old 07-04-2018, 05:42 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
If she gets another trial and is found guilty will you believe in her guilt then??

Darlie said she was stabbed on the couch which was blood free. Her blood was found in the sink that she leaned over when she stabbed herself. Explain that.

im sorry where did you get there was no blood on the couch ? there was indeed blood on the couch ….I think you need to watch the show the last defense on abc . it is explaining a lot and bringing up things that were not brought up in trial she had a terrible starting out defense team .Like I said before I wonder if she had , a better lawyer such as first class Richard "racehorse " Haines , Jerry Spence , etc if she would be in prison now . Nope don't think so . Justice is only as big as your wallet and if you don't believe me it is because you have never seen how so called law enforcement works .

Old 07-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,624 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Ive been on criminal juries before. Seeing both sides means she is not guilty under our system which requires she be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Your doubt sounds reasonable even if you at times think she did it...
You make an excellent point, John.

Juries don't think that way, though, all the time.

They go by what's "most likely" which is nowhere near the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Old 07-05-2018, 11:43 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You make an excellent point, John.

Juries don't think that way, though, all the time.

They go by what's "most likely" which is nowhere near the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Any jury I have been on does. I agree not all started out thinking correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime