Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:25 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times

Advertisements

I have serious doubts that she is guilty. I do not understand why they do not have the dna tested with an unbiased lab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,762,371 times
I believe she's guilt. A big sticking point for me was the screen was cut from the inside.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:51 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times
Why would some random person come into this particular house and slaughter two young boys and leave the adult alive to identify them?

I don't know all the evidence in this case but the question above is always worth asking. The most dangerous target is always taken out first. What was the point of this carnage anyway? Those children were obvious targets and suffered far more violence than Darlie. You have to ask why?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:58 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,238 times
I remember seeing the Silly String video and thinking 'this lady is off the reservation'.
I do not believe a word of her intruder story.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:41 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,145 times
I'm not completely convinced of her guilt. Too much emphasis was given to the silly string video, which was biased and irrelevant. I don't believe it was a random crime, I do believe that somebody in that house, probably the husband, may have arranged it, but I don't think that Darlie herself stabbed her kids, slit her own throat, and staged the crime scene.

I think she was supposed to be dead. Remember Diane Downs, who claimed a stranger attacked them? Her wound was a superficial bullet wound to the forearm that couldn't have killed anybody. This woman had her throat slit, and one more millimeter she would have been dead. Somebody wanted her dead along with her kids.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:00 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,238 times
It was the way her throat was cut, slow and deliberate. Her children were massacred yet she was slowly cut? I'm not buying it for a second. The silly string video by itself is creepy, put it together with the accounts of her behavior after the crime and it adds up to a sociopath.

I think too often people turn 'beyond a reasonable doubt' into is there any possible way someone else could have done this. So, the most minuscule of evidence is exploded into 'it could not have been her'. I think this is what happened with the touch DNA on JonBenet Ramsey.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:35 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
It was the way her throat was cut, slow and deliberate. Her children were massacred yet she was slowly cut? I'm not buying it for a second. The silly string video by itself is creepy, put it together with the accounts of her behavior after the crime and it adds up to a sociopath.

I think too often people turn 'beyond a reasonable doubt' into is there any possible way someone else could have done this. So, the most minuscule of evidence is exploded into 'it could not have been her'. I think this is what happened with the touch DNA on JonBenet Ramsey.
An adult being repeatedly stabbed is going to put up a struggle. They're going to scream and fight back, they are going to have defensive wounds to their hands, and it's going to take much more stabbing to kill them than it would two small children. Slit an adult's throat, and they're more likely to just bleed out. Sorry if that's a bit graphic. But any case I've read about where adults were stabbed to death, they were stabbed numerous times before they died, and they fought their attackers. That may explain why her throat was cut and the little boys were stabbed.

As far as the silly string thing, yes it was tacky and yes it may have been "inappropriate" by some standards. The jury didn't get to see the illegally recording tape previous to the silly string incident where the family was grieving and mourning the deaths of the boys.

And I to this day have never heard a convincing reason why this woman would want her children to die. By all accounts, she was a good and loving mother, no history or abuse or mental illness, nothing but some "financial problems." If that was a motive for murder, hell, my own kid would be dead. That doesn't even make sense.

This is just one of those cases I'm not completely convinced.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM

243 posts, read 509,698 times
Guilty or innocent?

would be interested in hearing others opinions

thank you.

Links:

Darlie Routier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Darlie Routier killed her two young boys -- the Crime Library — Preface — Crime Library

The Darlie Routier Case - HOME

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-25-2018 at 11:50 AM..

Old 03-02-2014, 07:03 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,831,215 times
Guilty. No other scenario makes sense.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:59 PM

243 posts, read 509,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
Guilty. No other scenario makes sense.
It doesnt seem to, does it?

do you think hubby was involved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime