Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 01:25 AM

218 posts, read 148,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
There is no evidence that Caylee died in the pool, none. George states that did not happen. Now, do we take George as a credible witness? I believe in this case, on this subject, he is. Therefore, I discount the entire defense theory.

I do not believe George would lie against his daughter in a death penalty case.

Now, if I do not believe the defense theory. I must now see if their is enough evidence for a finding of "Guilty" in this case. Based on the evidence presented, IMO--there is enough evidence for a finding of "Guilty". Emotions aside, I don't see this meriting a death penalty.
That's what I've been saying. There is not enough evidence to convict her of premeditate first degree murder. I think there will definitely be a guilty verdict on some of the charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah, but why do this??? Wouldnt it have been better to just say "this was an accident" instead of making it look like a murder??? And, why all the lieing by casey a.? All that lieing just dosnt make sense unless she had something to hide.
agree.

all they had to do was report an accident, but, of course, this wasn't an accident.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:43 PM

218 posts, read 148,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
agree.

all they had to do was report an accident, but, of course, this wasn't an accident.
There is certainly a reasonable doubt about whether or not it was an accident, and the state has presented no uncontradicted evidence of premeditated first degree murder. That premeditation thing was shot down by Cindy Anthony's testimony that she did the google searches.

Unless, of course, you are a mind reader and have inside info we are not privy to.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
I've used computers for a long time, and I thought Cindy's testimony was credible.
I've used computers for over 30 years and I thought Cindy's testimony was a bunch of hooey.

I know programmers who can look at the search history on a computer (nothing is truly deleted) and tell you exactly how it's been used. Look for all of that to be brought up in the prosectution's rebuttal. The lawyers for the State aren't stupid.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:47 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Cindy and Lee both showed how disfunctional this family is...and unfortuantely i'm changing my mind about Cindy, although I feel horrible that she lost her grand child..

I understand they are confused and don't want to be the one causing their daughter to get the death penalty...but still to testify that she did the searches, that came across as a bunch of lies and her body language was just confirming that.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times
Really all the death penalty talk on this thread is trivial. Does anyone actually believe even if CA is convicted of 1st degree, she's going to get the DP? Gov. Rick Scott has been in office for 6 months now and not signed one single execution warrant. There's 390+ row inmates in FL right now and the DP has been used sparingly for at least a decade.

Wornous got executed some years back but she killed multiple people and was a prostitute drifter.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:27 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
There is certainly a reasonable doubt about whether or not it was an accident, and the state has presented no uncontradicted evidence of premeditated first degree murder. That premeditation thing was shot down by Cindy Anthony's testimony that she did the google searches.

Unless, of course, you are a mind reader and have inside info we are not privy to.
What is the reasonable doubt...?

Sitting in prison for 3 years and not saying a word.....and then all of a sudden it was an accidential death while she could have been home partying again if it really was an accidential drowning.

No way...this is murder...what about an accident and than having duct tape on her mouth...that really sounds like an accident...

being sexual abused and knowing the State is trying to get the death penalty and still keeping your mouth shut about an accident...sureeeee!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:03 PM

94 posts, read 48,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Really all the death penalty talk on this thread is trivial. Does anyone actually believe even if CA is convicted of 1st degree, she's going to get the DP? Gov. Rick Scott has been in office for 6 months now and not signed one single execution warrant. There's 390+ row inmates in FL right now and the DP has been used sparingly for at least a decade.

Wornous got executed some years back but she killed multiple people and was a prostitute drifter.
Wornous dropped all her appeals and volunteered to be executed.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
I hate to break it to you Perry Mason fans because I know how exciting "bombshells" in court can be, but Cindy Anthony said she did those internet searches back in 2009 during her deposition. She hasn't changed her story. Her dogs were sick or lathargic or something and she thought it had to do with chemicals being used on their lawn. You probably haven't heard much on that by the tv commentators who are trying to get ratings by sensationalizing this, though.

Cindy Anthony Testimony Didn’t Change from Deposition

The amazing thing is how did Baez not bring this up sooner? If this doesn't end in a mistrial or acquittal, she's sure to get another trial on appeal, and Baez may end up getting sanctioned by the Florida Bar. This whole trial has been a clusterfuk.
My theory did not include chloroform, just a little tape over her mouth and a hot trunk on a 90 degree day. She took a nice long ride that day.
All Casey cared about on that day was being with Tony before he left for New York and she was sick of Caylee holding her back. She would be ashamed to give her little girl away too because Tony would think less of her.
The proof it was not an accident in my mind was the joy she was feeling and showing afterwards.
No chloroform, if it was in the trunk it may have been from all of the cleaning products that she must have used to try and get rid of the decomp OR she did show some mercy by using chloroform. I hope she at least did that much. If the jury really thinks about it from this veiw, Cindy did her no favors in my opinion.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I can't believe Cindy Anthony has not had to work since this all started. She retired? She is not that old? Where do these people get the money for all their fancy attorneys, and not have to work? They sell pictures or interviews for cash?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime