Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 09:20 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
There is certainly a reasonable doubt about whether or not it was an accident, and the state has presented no uncontradicted evidence of premeditated first degree murder. That premeditation thing was shot down by Cindy Anthony's testimony that she did the google searches.

Unless, of course, you are a mind reader and have inside info we are not privy to.
Premeditation under the law does not mean it has to planned months ahead. A premediated act can be formed in a blink of an eye,for example...Caylee becomes ill from some kind of sedative given to her by Casey....Casey panics and instead of seeking medical help she places duct tape over Caylees' mouth to smother her. That is considered a premeditated act! Even if you believe Cindy...that doesn't take away premeditation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
There is certainly a reasonable doubt about whether or not it was an accident, and the state has presented no uncontradicted evidence of premeditated first degree murder. That premeditation thing was shot down by Cindy Anthony's testimony that she did the google searches.

Unless, of course, you are a mind reader and have inside info we are not privy to.
Thats IF you decide to beleive Cindy A.'s testimony, which I dont think it has fooled anyone except you and maybe a few others.... hopefully her sudden memory is clearly transparent to everyone on the jury.

Even if they throw out premeditation, they can still find her guilty on a lesser charge.... Correct???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I can't believe Cindy Anthony has not had to work since this all started. She retired? She is not that old? Where do these people get the money for all their fancy attorneys, and not have to work? They sell pictures or interviews for cash?
Exactly..... that will only last for so long though........maybe another two or three weeks, { until the trial ends } Then they can start focusing on making thier book deals and making a lifetime network movie or something.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:37 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
all these points may well be mute anyway, depending on why court was shutdown today so suddenly. If a miss-trial is granted, I dont see how they could ever expect to try her again, considering there would be no possible way to find an un-biased jury. No, I highly doubt a miss-trial is in the works.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:00 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I can't believe Cindy Anthony has not had to work since this all started. She retired? She is not that old? Where do these people get the money for all their fancy attorneys, and not have to work? They sell pictures or interviews for cash?
Cindy collects disability and apparently the scumbags set up a foundation that Cindy is Pres. of and George is an employee as well. 80% of the costs are administrative.........so needless to say Casey gets good commissary food and health and beauty items as well in OCJ.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:40 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
So what is Lee's story? I have heard he also does not work.

Who supports him? His fiance?

Old 06-25-2011, 10:41 PM

94 posts, read 48,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Cindy collects disability and apparently the scumbags set up a foundation that Cindy is Pres. of and George is an employee as well. 80% of the costs are administrative.........so needless to say Casey gets good commissary food and health and beauty items as well in OCJ.
That's just such a wrong thing to do!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:40 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
That's just such a wrong thing to do!
Among other things. I just can't conceive how in the world 2 Grandparents who have their daughter and grandbaby living under their roof never questioned or inquired more info about "Zanny". I think a reasonable person would've wanted contact info for Zanny, would've invited Zanny to Caylee's b-day or other family events, would occasionally go pick up Caylee at Zanny's place or have Zanny drop off Caylee at the Anthony home, get a call from Zanny or contact Zanny because a diaper bag or personal item was forgotten, etc.

And the biggest mystery is how in the heck do GA an Cindy go 30 days w/o seeing Caylee and then report it to the cops? Early in my relationship with my g/f we briefly lived with her mother for a few months while she recovered from surgery, I think after about 2 or 3 days of either of us not bringing our son home to Grandma's house she would've interrogated the heck out of us.

I also don't understand why they didn't sit Casey down and say, "Hey your partying to much, you have a baby girl now and she should be #1 now, your going to have to change your lifestyle if your going to be under our roof". One just can't attribute it to the notion that they were being lied to by Casey saying she was at work. I mean come on, drunks are pretty easy to detect, they look like crap the morning after, hangover, at some point I'm sure she wreaked of alcohol. None of it makes any sense.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:38 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Premeditation under the law does not mean it has to planned months ahead. A premediated act can be formed in a blink of an eye,for example...Caylee becomes ill from some kind of sedative given to her by Casey....Casey panics and instead of seeking medical help she places duct tape over Caylees' mouth to smother her. That is considered a premeditated act! Even if you believe Cindy...that doesn't take away premeditation.
Even after the first piece of duct tape it becomes premeditation when she added 2 more pieces....

Old 06-26-2011, 05:41 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Among other things. I just can't conceive how in the world 2 Grandparents who have their daughter and grandbaby living under their roof never questioned or inquired more info about "Zanny". I think a reasonable person would've wanted contact info for Zanny, would've invited Zanny to Caylee's b-day or other family events, would occasionally go pick up Caylee at Zanny's place or have Zanny drop off Caylee at the Anthony home, get a call from Zanny or contact Zanny because a diaper bag or personal item was forgotten, etc.

And the biggest mystery is how in the heck do GA an Cindy go 30 days w/o seeing Caylee and then report it to the cops? Early in my relationship with my g/f we briefly lived with her mother for a few months while she recovered from surgery, I think after about 2 or 3 days of either of us not bringing our son home to Grandma's house she would've interrogated the heck out of us.

I also don't understand why they didn't sit Casey down and say, "Hey your partying to much, you have a baby girl now and she should be #1 now, your going to have to change your lifestyle if your going to be under our roof". One just can't attribute it to the notion that they were being lied to by Casey saying she was at work. I mean come on, drunks are pretty easy to detect, they look like crap the morning after, hangover, at some point I'm sure she wreaked of alcohol. None of it makes any sense.
Not knowing who the dad is makes it even worse...which grand parents or family members don't want to know who the real daddy is.

Even Caylee had the right to know later in life just like most adopted kids, they want to know for medical reasons or to know who was their birth parent..it all doesn't add up and Caylee was unfortunately in the way of a young mother who wanted to be free and had lied for years and now the girl came to an age that she could tell where she had been with her mom, and Casey's lies would be exposed.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:18 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
the anthonys have a foundation which evidently mallory and her mom work for. (that certainly might influence the testimony)

i wonder how much money they really take in:

Cindy,George Anthony Take Up To 80% of Foundation Money | THE CAYLEE DAILY (http://www.cayleedaily.com/2011/01/cindygeorge-anthony-take-up-to-80-of-foundation-donation-money/ - broken link)

they stopped making their house payments in 2009 before the mortgage modification. evidently taking a cruise was more important than paying their mortgage:

http://www.bloggernews.net/123903
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime