Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

THANKS LifeIsWeird!

The quote in post 135 is now correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 03:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
The truth is the truth is the truth! When stories change you know someone is lying (as Caysey did numerous times)!

Old 06-27-2011, 04:40 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
Cute. How original.

Thats exactly what I was saying. The court system has to literally catch someone RED HANDED in order to prove they are guilty even in the presense of damning evidence. It is frustrating that a lot of evidence can be talked out of regardless how credible it is or not. Unless someone SAW you do it, or you ADMIT it, more times than not, a defendant will recieve a less harsh punishment, Just like in this case how Casey may get manslaughter instead of premeditated 1st degree murder (which is BS).
That is not necessarily true, in fact it is not true at all. This is a circumstantial evidence case - many circumstantial evidence cases are in fact stronger than direct evidence cases because it requires juries to infer guilt - to arrive at logical conclusions. The jury in this case will likely reach the same conclusion that people here are.

Review the Scott Peterson case - very similiar. Convicted without a murder weapon, without cause of death, no witnesses, no direct proof at all. Why was he convicted? Too many lies by the accused, too many coincidences, attitudes by the accused, circumstatial evidence. Where is he now? On death row.

Circumstantial cases are stronger because direct evidence is either flawed or can be manipulated in the court of law - you have cases with witnesses where the witness, 10 years later, proves to be unreliable and someone else confesses and a guilty man was convicted...or, you have a trail of blood literally to the accused bedroom (OJ SImpson), and the jury fails to convict.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:48 PM

94 posts, read 48,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
That is not necessarily true, in fact it is not true at all. This is a circumstantial evidence case - many circumstantial evidence cases are in fact stronger than direct evidence cases because it requires juries to infer guilt - to arrive at logical conclusions. The jury in this case will likely reach the same conclusion that people here are.

Review the Scott Peterson case - very similiar. Convicted without a murder weapon, without cause of death, no witnesses, no direct proof at all. Why was he convicted? Too many lies by the accused, too many coincidences, attitudes by the accused, circumstatial evidence. Where is he now? On death row.
Casey Anthony is on trial for 7 different charges. What were all the charges against Scott Peterson?

There are a lot of options in the Anthony case for what needs to be proven.

Charges Against Anthony:

First Degree Murder (Capital)
Aggravated Child Abuse
Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child
3-charges of Providing False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer

Old 06-27-2011, 05:41 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
Casey Anthony is on trial for 7 different charges. What were all the charges against Scott Peterson?

There are a lot of options in the Anthony case for what needs to be proven.

Charges Against Anthony:

First Degree Murder (Capital)
Aggravated Child Abuse
Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child
3-charges of Providing False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer
I don't know what else Petersen was charged with. YOu have a point in that Anthony might be convicted with something less than premeditated, I have detailed my doubt about sequestered juries (or rather, the qualities of the pool of citizens that serve on these type of juries) in other posts. Beyond a doubt however,she will end up in prison, regardless of the final conviction, for a very long time. Their is no conceivable outcomes in which she will leave that courtroom a free woman.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 PM

94 posts, read 48,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I don't know what else Petersen was charged with. YOu have a point in that Anthony might be convicted with something less than premeditated, I have detailed my doubt about sequestered juries (or rather, the qualities of the pool of citizens that serve on these type of juries) in other posts. Beyond a doubt however,she will end up in prison, regardless of the final conviction, for a very long time. Their is no conceivable outcomes in which she will leave that courtroom a free woman.
I completely agree with you, she will not leave the courtroom a free woman.

For sure she'll be found guilty of Counts 4 thru 7, lying to Law Enforcement Officer. Also there are Counts 2 and 3, Aggravated Child Abuse, and Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child.

Peterson was charged with two Counts of murder. I believe one count for his wife and one count for the baby.

Where did you talk about sequestered juries? That sounds interesting.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Cindy's searches were shown to be not trust worthy when you watched todays testimony of Cindy and Lee...

The defense shot themself in the foot by having Lee testify after his mom and to make the mom look like she lied...so by that to me the defense showed the mom lied to protect Casey and Casey did the searches...I wonder if the jury will think likewise...

Old 06-28-2011, 04:53 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
so why didn't Cindy do a search on bamboo + animals, or Fido + eating bamboo, bamboo poisoning, something to that effect....that would be my first thought. Chloroform and chlorophyll wouldn't come to mind first thing.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
(in response to why people dislike the anthony family)

first, they raised a child with such a lack of values and morality that her only solution to her "problem" was to kill her child.
How dare you make such an assertion! I dont know if you are a parent, but if you are, should any bad choices your kids make be directled back at you as being a poor parent?
Quote:
second, they are intent on covering up the murder and lying (committing perjury) to fool the jury and the public.
Walk a mile in her shoes and then you will have the right to judge her. You obviously arnt a parent or you would know the most parents love has no bounds, particularly that of a mother. You will do absolutely ANYTHING to protect your child, no matter what they have done. Until you become a parent, this is something you will never understand.

Quote:
third, they choose to financially profit from the murder of their grandchild.
Example please? Yes, they have licensed photo and video of caylee to the media, but as I understand it, this money is largely going toward caseys deffense, and not to mention that they have to be able to live and pay bills during this extremely hard time for them. They are far from getting rich off this if thats what you are implying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
I think it's possible that you cannot possibly know what it feels like to be Cindy Anthony at this point. How can anyone have a clue what it would feel like to find yourself in these circumstances. And, remember, none of us really know what happened. Maybe Casey didn't intentionally kill her daughter. Maybe Cindy Anthony was the person doing those google searches. I've heard that she testified in a deposition that she did do those google searches, and maybe that deposition was taken before Caylee's body was found and they still believed Caylee was alive.
Correct but only to a point. She testified to the fact that she did the searches for chlorophyll, NOT chloroform, that was somthing entirly new in her testimony, and if you ask me, a very transparent move.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:07 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I'm a parent and love my kids very much and would almost anything to protect them...but not if they have murdered some one....there are limits to love for my kids.

There is wrong and right...luckily for me they are not a bunch of liars and anything that comes close to Casey...but we are also nothing like the Anthony family. IMO Cindy is a fool for lying under oath and the defense is a fool for showing it to the jury...I'm thinking the defense is trying to get a verdict overthrown due to the bad defense she received.

Baez with his smurk on his face is probably not helping him either.

The prosecutor team is very good and that makes it harder for the defense and of course starting out with a losing case is not easy but so far nothing what Baez has stated with his bombshell opening statement is coming out during the trial...Baez only had to sit and wait to poke some holes to get a jury not to convict her, but now Baez created a new case and by saying Caylee died by drowning and Casey knew about it...makes her more guilty and makes it harder for the defense to get her off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime