Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I honestly think they should make them wait until after the holiday to deliberate..... remove that incentive to huury it up.
The jury has been through the fire. They want to go home, sleep in their own beds, soak in their own bathtubs. I am sure they each realize the importance of their decision. I don't think they will deliberate for a long period of time. In addition these poor people are going to live with this heinous crime for a long, long, long time.

The Susan Smith jury deliberated two and a half hours and returned the guilty verdict on two counts of murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 07:02 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The case needs to be fresh in the jury's mind to be fair for the defendant and the jury not having the chance to watch tv, etc.
There is no way they found a jury in Florida (Tampa isn't even that far away from Orlando) who hasn't been hearing about this case from the very beginning anyway. Unless they lived under a rock, they knew almost everything about this trial LONG before it started. There was no new evidence really given at the trial that hasn't been available to the local public since day 1.

-------------------

Unless one or more members seriously hold out and they have to go through all the evidence again, I think they will wrap up in 24 hours. I don't think they will get her on first degree murder (death penalty) though. I think she will get life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:35 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
They already state that two jurors are ready to bail, and the alternates will take their places.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Bascailly when you change your story in written deposition it becomes evident its best not to take the stand dring your trial . That is not countig the fact that you would have to explai other behaviour when questioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime