Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 06:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

God, I really cannot stand NG. I don't know how anyone watches her.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:52 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
God, I really cannot stand NG. I don't know how anyone watches her.
I tolerated her periodically for the last week of the trial, but I'm with you Mags....I can't stand her either. Obnoxious, rude, loudmouth. Ick! As bad as I hated the verdict, I almost enjoyed the fact that she had it blow back in her face when CA was pronounced "not guilty".

Old 07-14-2011, 08:12 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I have a serious question here regarding the duct tape and the skull...

When a body decomposes, things start to liquefy, skin starts to fall off.

If the duct tape was placed on the face, over the mouth, of this child...on the skin...and what was left was a skull...how is the duct tape still there?

If it was on the skin...and the skin is gone...how is it stuck to the skull?

If the skin is gone, it decomposed...the duct tape was on the skin...how is it then stuck to the skull?

Yes, I am asking that repeatedly...because I really want to know, how, if something is stuck to the skin, the skin is gone, is that something now stuck to the skull. That makes no sense to me at all.

And, have you ever gotten tape wet? Even duct tape? Try it. See what happens when tape gets wet....(as in, liquids leaking out of places).

I ask again, if the body is decomposed, the skin is gone, there's nothing left but bones and a skull, how is that duct tape stuck to the skull?
The duck tape did not "unstick??" itself from the hair.
It was still attached to matted hair.
The other proof is that the cranium (skull) was still attached to the mandible (lower jaw).
It was testified that it is impossible for the 2 parts to stay attached because whatever holds them together had decomposed.
The only thing that could have held them together was the duck tape until the skull was actually moved.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I'm watching the entire thing again. Will see what is said. But I still question, if there was decomposition, the skin is no longer there, plus, yes, she was supposedly in water for some of this time, how did the tape stay in place...to indicate it was stretched across the skull...

Anyway, like I said, I'm watching the entire thing and will make special note of what is said.
It was the LENGTH of the duck tape that was attached to the hair.
They said its length was a perfect fit to reach the other side of her face before decomp took place.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:52 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I will attend the 'Behind the Scenes of the Casey Anthony Trial' tomorrow at work. The four reporters who will be speaking actually attended all of the trial. If I hear anything new, I'll make sure and share.

Behind the scenes Casey Anthony trial: See behind the scenes of the Casey Anthony trial - Orlando Sentinel

I'm not sure how many community members will be there.....you did have to reserve a seat.....but one of the bigger parking lots have been reserved for visitors.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I will attend the 'Behind the Scenes of the Casey Anthony Trial' tomorrow at work. The four reporters who will be speaking actually attended all of the trial. If I hear anything new, I'll make sure and share.

Behind the scenes Casey Anthony trial: See behind the scenes of the Casey Anthony trial - Orlando Sentinel

I'm not sure how many community members will be there.....you did have to reserve a seat.....but one of the bigger parking lots have been reserved for visitors.
Thank you so much!

Old 07-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I tolerated her periodically for the last week of the trial, but I'm with you Mags....I can't stand her either. Obnoxious, rude, loudmouth. Ick! As bad as I hated the verdict, I almost enjoyed the fact that she had it blow back in her face when CA was pronounced "not guilty".
LOL Same here.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:08 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,044 times
Quote:
I have a serious question here regarding the duct tape and the skull...

When a body decomposes, things start to liquefy, skin starts to fall off.

If the duct tape was placed on the face, over the mouth, of this child...on the skin...and what was left was a skull...how is the duct tape still there?

If it was on the skin...and the skin is gone...how is it stuck to the skull?

If the skin is gone, it decomposed...the duct tape was on the skin...how is it then stuck to the skull?

Yes, I am asking that repeatedly...because I really want to know, how, if something is stuck to the skin, the skin is gone, is that something now stuck to the skull. That makes no sense to me at all.

And, have you ever gotten tape wet? Even duct tape? Try it. See what happens when tape gets wet....(as in, liquids leaking out of places).

I ask again, if the body is decomposed, the skin is gone, there's nothing left but bones and a skull, how is that duct tape stuck to the skull?
Exactly correct. There was ONE piece of duct tape stuck to a hair mat on ONE side of the skull which we know for a fact had been moved by weather (submersion), animals, and Roy Kronk.

The other two pieces of tape were found "near" the body IIRC about 15 feet away.

There was NO heart sticker on the tape. There was a reported "outline" of heart shaped residue on the tape (and I don't know which piece of tape), that was NOT photographed and later could not be seen. There was a puffy solid red heart sticker found somewhere in the dump site- NOT on the tape and NOT on the skull or any part of the remains. This sticker did NOT match any of Casey's stickers which were flat, with flowery/fancy borders and white centers.

Whatever we think of this case, let's try to keep the facts straighter than the tabloid media talking heads. This whole "head wrapped in duct tape with a heart sticker right over the mouth" is obviously physically IMPOSSIBLE once given a little thought as did the poster above. It is all smoke and mirrors from the media AND the Prosecution.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:03 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I think of this case as backward logic, Casey was the last one with Caylee. She stated she had Caylee with her for over a month, before she was reported missing. We can assume that Casey was the last person with Caylee. The duct tape, laundry bag, and garbage bag were all taken from the Anthony home. Therefore, only Anthony family had access to those objects. If Casey was the last one with her child, did not report her missing for 30 days, and had access to those items, we can assume she had something to do with Caylee being in the ditch. I don't have to know the cause of death. Either way, the least the jury should have found was negligent child abuse. Which they did have a choice of...and found her not guilty of...at the least, a baby ended up in a ditch. If that is not child abuse, I don't know what is.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Exactly correct. There was ONE piece of duct tape stuck to a hair mat on ONE side of the skull which we know for a fact had been moved by weather (submersion), animals, and Roy Kronk.

The other two pieces of tape were found "near" the body IIRC about 15 feet away.

There was NO heart sticker on the tape. There was a reported "outline" of heart shaped residue on the tape (and I don't know which piece of tape), that was NOT photographed and later could not be seen. There was a puffy solid red heart sticker found somewhere in the dump site- NOT on the tape and NOT on the skull or any part of the remains. This sticker did NOT match any of Casey's stickers which were flat, with flowery/fancy borders and white centers.

Whatever we think of this case, let's try to keep the facts straighter than the tabloid media talking heads. This whole "head wrapped in duct tape with a heart sticker right over the mouth" is obviously physically IMPOSSIBLE once given a little thought as did the poster above. It is all smoke and mirrors from the media AND the Prosecution.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime