Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 01:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
For those who believe in God, no doubt God has known all along what happened, and seems He/She did not see fit to have the jury find her guilty.
Which has nothing to do with whether or not Casey Anthony is guilty.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 PM

288 posts, read 167,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm assuming that's what the jury will say. In their books.

I can understand "not proven". I didn't think the state of CA proved Robert Blake killed his wife.

But this case? The prosecution proved it to me. Were I on that jury we'd still be sitting in the jury room because I'd hang that jury if necessary. IMO the state of Florida proved that Casey Anthony killed her daughter.
Maybe. However, if you had been on the jury, sequestered, and restricted to only the evidence presented in the courtroom (witnesses for BOTH sides), and after reviewing the Judge's instructions as to the law, you may have had a very different position. Of course, you would have had to start out the case with the same perspective that each of these jurors had regarding this case.

I want to say, though, that I have very much enjoyed discussing this case with you on this forum. Even though we disagree on the issue of guilt, you made some very good points which caused me to rethink my position and analysis of different issues.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:56 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I am actually not surprised. Child abuse cases, and child deaths are rarely given death penalty, unless there is clear cut evidence.

I think she is guilty, but the transcript of her former boyfriend is very interesting, he states that Casey was really in fear of her Mother, and if any accident happened to Caylee, Casey would have covered it up. And that was a transcript from July 2008.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I want to say, though, that I have very much enjoyed discussing this case with you on this forum. Even though we disagree on the issue of guilt, you made some very good points which caused me to rethink my position and analysis of different issues.
Thank you Morgain. You have made me think as well.

I believe in the jury system. I am thankful to live in a country where we have the jury system. And a system for appeals. I don't agree with this verdict and right now I'm having a little trouble respecting the verdict. But I'm glad the system is in place.

I gather you work on the defense end of things? I'm glad you are there. Goodness knows I'd want all of my rights were I a defendent. I'd hate to live in a society without defense attorneys. And, yes, the ACLU, lol.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,483,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
People do and in this case someone was acquitted of murder UNJUSTtLY! And there is no JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE! Nothing you will say will convince me otherwise. This has nothing to do with the media. This is a woman who blatantly laughed, lied, about her daughter's murder which I believe committed.

And I would NEVER be accused of a crime that I didn't commit because I WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER DOING A CRIME SUCH AS KILLING MY CHILD!
So you are saying through all your emotional posts, that you knew of every detail presented in this trial. You sat through all the hours of testimony and statements like the jury did?

Or did you only hear what was on the nightly news and presented on the other news outlets?

News is about sensationlism. They wanted to portray her as guilty so we all believe she is guilty. This is how they get ratings.

I am not saying she is or is not guilty but I trust the jury took all the evidence presented to determine there was reasonable doubt that she did it.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:10 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
So you are saying through all your emotional posts, that you knew of every detail presented in this trial. You sat through all the hours of testimony and statements like the jury did?

Or did you only hear what was on the nightly news and presented on the other news outlets?

News is about sensationlism. They wanted to portray her as guilty so we all believe she is guilty. This is how they get ratings.

I am not saying she is or is not guilty but I trust the jury took all the evidence presented to determine there was reasonable doubt that she did it.

I listened, read and watched the trial on and off. I do not watch opinionated shows such as Nancy Grace, Dr Drew or any other of those type of talk shows were it is all one sided with a skew view. I am not into media sensationalism.

While there was certainly a lack of evidence, I felt that the prosecution did a better job at presenting their case against Casey Anthony. I thought or hope to believe that the jurors would see this instead of Jorge Baez crazy theories and throwing her family under the bus.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,931 times
I watched the trial on In Session almost everyday. I can say that if I was on the jury I would have voted at least for manslaughter, and would have let the jury hang if I was the only one. The hard evidence was the presence of human decomposition in Casey's trunk, and the circumstantial evidence was Casey's lies to family, friends and law enforcement in an effort to deter the investigation of Caylee's disappearance. Both of these facts make it very clear that she was involved in the death of Caylee. There is no hard proof of premeditation or first degree, although even that could be argued because of the duct tape and chloroform, but I think manslaughter was adequately proved by the state.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,210 times
I am really disgusted. No Justice for Caylee Casey is free

But then people are mad she is a walking target.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:28 PM

The defense team is having a champagne celebration in their offices.

Very bad taste, IMO. Pack your biefcases and go home. Have a little class. Don't spike the ball.

A little girl is still dead.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
I know that if I lived in the anthony neighborhood I would be scared to death to be at home at any time because who knows how many whackos are out there and will decide to do something to the anthony home you know ? I hope not but you just never know . I think they will all leave florida eventually .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime