Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 03:48 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Which wasn't enough to convict her.
And that's the subject of 70 pages of posts here. But it's not related to any type of theory that the prosecutors may have had the wrong suspect (as the previous poster implied). Even the defense didn't dismiss that she was not somehow involved. I doubt even one jurur would admit that.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So there is no doubt that her mouth was taped?
The testimony I heard certainly led me to believe there was. Granted I did not see the photos.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The testimony I heard certainly led me to believe there was. Granted I did not see the photos.
Matt30 had a good post on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt30
There were serious problems with the duct tape. First, it wasn't long enough to wrap around the head. It wasn't found on Caylee's skull, Roy Kronk testified that the head rolled out of the bag and he saw no tape. There was DNA on the tape but preliminary test showed that the DNA belonged to neither Caylee nor Casey. It was wasn't stained with decomp. There was testimony about how the Anthony family buried pets in plastic bags with duct tape used to seal the top, and how George Anthony was a frequent user of duct tape.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,125 times
You don't need to wrap duct tape around the head to suffocate your child.

The prosecution explained that the tape was placed first over the mouth, then overlapped over the mouth + nose, and then a 3rd piece to secure both pieces in place (looped under the chin). They were speaking to the photos (which I hope never get leaked but which have been described by the prosecution as to their placement). Law enforcement testified about the crime scene as it was found. The medical examiner has testified about the tape. I believe them rather than Roy Kronk.

All soft tissue had decomposed, as did the tape itself. This was part of the evidence.

If one has not seen the evidence, listened to witness testimony and police interviews, read depositions and watched and/or listened to the trial, one might not understand all the details. But I do find it troubling that people post things as fact when they're absolutely untrue.

Whatever. People will believe what they believe. This is an emotional case.

Last edited by didee; 07-07-2011 at 04:30 PM..

Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
That's my line of thinking. Plus duct tape can be hard to use. I hate using duct tape simply because it is so difficult to unwind from the roll. I often unwind a few inches. Cut it. Apply it. Unwind it. Cut it. Apply it. You get the picture.

So I had no problems thinking Casey would use it in the same manner.

And the body was submerged in swamp waters. I wouldn't have expected any decomp any fingerprints on the tape,

Old 07-07-2011, 04:41 PM

59 posts, read 41,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post

The prosecution explained that the tape was placed first over the mouth, then overlapped over the mouth + nose, and then a 3rd piece to secure both pieces in place (looped under the chin). They were speaking to the photos (which I hope never get leaked but which have been described by the prosecution as to their placement). Law enforcement testified about the crime scene as it was found. The medical examiner has testified about the tape. I believe them rather than Roy Kronk.

All soft tissue had decomposed, as did the tape itself. This was part of the evidence.

If one has not seen the evidence, listened to witness testimony and police interviews, read depositions and watched and/or listened to the trial, one might not understand all the details. But I do find it troubling that people post things as fact when they're absolutely untrue.

Whatever. People will believe what they believe. This is an emotional case.
You mischaracterizing the evidence.

This news site has a description of everything that was found on or near the skull. There is no mention of duct tape. The duct tape was found near the bag not on the skull.
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedfile...llducttape.pdf

Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM

I think the tape was about 6 feet away from the skull one evidence examiner mentioned, IIRC. Baez did a this whole thing with a tape measure around that time. I think they were talking about the distance to the road though.

Also I forgot to mention that the tape was the same brand George A. used to seal his gas cans. The duct tape was never strong evidence.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:02 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
You mischaracterizing the evidence.

This news site has a description of everything that was found on or near the skull. There is no mention of duct tape. The duct tape was found near the bag not on the skull.
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedfile...llducttape.pdf

But wouldn't it be plausable to believe that animals got to the evidence?

And how can you possibly believe that she drowned? Did you see the pool? It's above ground and most 2 year olds cannot climb a ladder without assistance...

Jesus..Scott Peterson was convicted on the same evidence..

Old 07-07-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
But wouldn't it be plausable to believe that animals got to the evidence?

And how can you possibly believe that she drowned? Did you see the pool? It's above ground and most 2 year olds cannot climb a ladder without assistance...

Jesus..Scott Peterson was convicted on the same evidence..

I have as much evidence for the assertion that she drowned as I do that chloroform was created in the house to knock out the child, then duct tape used to suffocate her to death.

Cindy Anthony testified that Caylee could climb the ladder unassisted which was why they had to take care to remove the ladder when they weren't home.

The evidence in the Scott Peterson case was not the same. Two every different trials.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:18 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,125 times
Matt, it seems to me, and this is what I find so upsetting, that you have "some information" but that you, LIKE THE JURORS, did not delve deeply into the details.

As far as the document referred to in your link, did you read it? What part of "tape....removed from skill" was unclear to you?

Again, people will believe what they want. At this point, the jury has spoken. There is no recourse to change their verdict. So I am going to walk away from this. It's a losing proposition to debate it. I hope there is healing for all involved, and I desperately hope for rehabilitation of Casey Anthony.

Quoted below from: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedfile...llducttape.pdf

Q62-64-Tape
Inside a tape-sealed brown paper bag labeled with case, lab, and item number and:”…1.Duct tape removed from skull”

"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime