Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 10:02 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
I watched this case from the beginning so I was seeing the same thing as the jurors. I know there are a million and one theories as to what happened but here is what I think happened.

BTW, there have been some very insightful interviews by Casey's friends, ex-fiance and the lady that lived with them for a bit while they were "searching" for Kaylee.

I think the family is EXTREMELY dysfunctional. Cindy especially has a role in her daughters psychology and what that is... I'm not sure. Casey shows some developmental issues but that is beside the point. I think she loved her daughter... not the way a normal person does but like a "pet"... just because you see a video of her playing with her daughter means NOTHING. It's like playing with your dog in the backyard, it shows no insight into the true psychology of this woman. If she is a sociopath and I STRONGLY believe she is.... sociopaths function in society all the time. Many hold down jobs and have families all the while burying bodies in their basements.

It has been said that Casey and her mother had a fight the night before Kaylee went missing. I think that gave Casey some sort of motive or at least was the start of her snapping. Remember, there is something horribly wrong with the relationship between Cindy and Casey. Yes, Casey liked to party like any 20 something but I don't think she killed Kaylee because she wanted to party. She could have easily left her daughter with the parents. But she didn't... why?

Casey is terribly broken. She makes up an entire life of "wonderful" people that don't even exist. It's a world she creates to feel accepted or to make her reality a better one. She is a LIAR and a BIG one. This we know. She is a high school drop out, no goals, no job, told people she was working on getting two degrees, said she worked at Universal Studios all the way to the point of bringing the cops to the building, she stole checks and bought clothes, booze, etc... blah blah blah. It's all about HER. I'm not painting a good picture here am I?

None of this makes one a killer but when you put the WHOLE thing together.. it just starts to look bad bad bad. I don't think George had anything to do with her death. I do however think the parents suspected Casey did something to her daughter VERY early on. Why didn't George call the police when he smelled the decomp? Plenty of reasons. There are all sorts of psychological reasons for this. Sometimes we don't want to believe something especially when it's our own daughter. A sort of denial, or neah, that couldn't be! Think about finding something that suggests your spouse is cheating and you pass it off as something else. Believe me, I did it!!

Did George have an affair? Maybe, but who cares.

I think Casey killed her daughter as a way to "hurt" her parents. Do I think it was premeditated? Yes. I think she was "thinking" about it, hence the Cloroform and neck breaking searches. And her mom covering for her and lying on the stand about that? WTF?

The accidental drowning argument is a stretch. People don't cover up accidents to make them look like murders. People have however covered up murders to look like accidents. Casey killed her daughter. She covered up that child's face with THREE pieces of duct tape. No.. they didn't WRAP around the head, they didn't need to.... you only need a few pieces on the nose and mouth to kill someone. I think either she did it at home which is most likely since items from Kaylee's bed were found with her bones. Mom threw her in the trunk and wasn't quite sure where to put her for awhile until she tossed her in the woods near the home.

There isn't a mother on the planet that doesn't report her child missing for 31 days, enters a hot body contest and gets a "good life" tattoo when her daughter is "missing" BS BS BS!!!!!

This woman is dangerous and has an innate ability to compartmentalize things, live in an alternate reality, folks, she is not NORMAL. If I were her, I would look over my shoulder and either A. someone is going to off her. B. She will self destruct or C. She will repeat a similar pattern all over again. Mark my words.

As for the jury, they went off of evidence and I guess in their minds, lying party girl with a smelly trunk wasn't enough. They did their job but it makes me sick that they let a killer go... and I think most if not all know this. I don't know how they will sleep at night.

What scares me is that Casey will probably get pregnant again. Lord help us all.
many good points--i do believe she will get pregnant again---to really understand her one must be able to recognize sociopathic behaviors imo

Old 07-09-2011, 10:22 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Casey is a psychopath who has no remorse or conscience . Casey murdered her daughter, threw her away like garbage. She is capable of this again. Her goals are important to what she wants in life and anything that stands in her way will be removed if the goal is very important.

In Casey's life it was being with Tony that motivated her to get rid of her daughter and to get away from her parents watchful eyes. Casey did not want the responsibility of being a mother.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
My sincere hope is that Casey will move forward in her life, and we never hear about her again.

I predict that she will continue to be in the news. I don't see her turning her life around and becoming a nun, dedicated to helping the poor in Haiti. We will hear some newsworthy item about her, it may be ten years, but a bad penny always shows up again.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 AM

Casey Anthony will aways be liar.This is the lies Casey told as she was with Tony her boyfriend after Caylee was dead.

It was the beginning of a 31-day period in which Casey let loose, going to nightclubs and staying out late drinking and dancing with pals. She ignored her mother’s repeated pleas to bring the child home.
Casey’s lie mechanism was in overdrive. On June 16, her mother testified Casey said she had to go to a business conference in Tampa. Zanny the nanny was going along so her mother shouldn’t worry. In addition, Casey’s friend Juliette and her daughter Annabelle were going too so the children could enjoy Busch Gardens during the workday. She was always in daily contact with her daughter, Grandma Cindy told the court, but after several days went by, she pressed for an answer as to when they were coming home.
“She said, ‘Don’t panic, Mom,’ but Zanny has been in a car accident,’” Cindy Anthony said with a shake of her head because she now realizes there never was a person named Zanny and Juliette and her daughter Annabelle don’t exist either.
“She told me she was taking care of (Zanny) in the hospital… there was no one else to do it and she felt obligated.” Cindy asked to speak to Caylee, a very verbal child who loved to talk on the phone, but Casey always said she was somewhere else.
It should be noted that the defense claims Caylee died in a swimming accident on June 15 and Grandpa George was there to fish her lifeless body out of the backyard pool. Under oath, George Anthony has denied it all.
After the hospital episode, Casey told her mother she was in Jacksonville with Caylee, Zanny, and a potential suitor named Jeff.
“Casey is a grown woman. After 21, she came and went at will. Who am I to interfere with that?” Cindy told the court.
The reality is that from June 16th, Casey Anthony was at her boyfriend Tony’s apartment—never in Tampa, never in Jacksonville.
The prosecution showed a video of her arm-in-arm with Lazarro at a Blockbuster video store on June 16, the night it is suspected that Caylee died. Nearly a dozen other surveillance videos taken during mid-June to mid-July at Target, IKEA, and Winn Dixie supermarket show a young woman gleefully shopping for parties and the new home she was about to occupy.

The time line link of the actual events after Caylee was dead.
Timeline in the Casey Anthony case - Yahoo! News

Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,931 times
Quote:
Cindy especially has a role in her daughters psychology and what that is... I'm not sure.
Why make this statement...a judgement on someone, if you're not sure what exactly qualifies that statement? I've seen a few people in this thread, mostly women, who claim Cindy is a bad mom, has "issues", that Casey would be better off without her, blah blah blah. But when I ask for some factual reasons not one person has been able to provide any. From everything that was revealed in the trial and all interviews, Cindy appears to be a mom who loves her daughter unconditionally and loved her granddaughter arguably more than anyone else in that family.

One thing people try to point out is the bad relationship between Casey and Cindy. But when you look at the factors, its clear that bad relationship was due to Casey's disfunctional behavior, i.e., her constant leaching off her parents, her dishonesty, her theft, and most of all the way she was raising Caylee. I just can't believe people can form such a negative opinion about another person without absolutely and reason.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:59 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Why make this statement...a judgement on someone, if you're not sure what exactly qualifies that statement? I've seen a few people in this thread, mostly women, who claim Cindy is a bad mom, has "issues", that Casey would be better off without her, blah blah blah. But when I ask for some factual reasons not one person has been able to provide any. From everything that was revealed in the trial and all interviews, Cindy appears to be a mom who loves her daughter unconditionally and loved her granddaughter arguably more than anyone else in that family.

One thing people try to point out is the bad relationship between Casey and Cindy. But when you look at the factors, its clear that bad relationship was due to Casey's disfunctional behavior, i.e., her constant leaching off her parents, her dishonesty, her theft, and most of all the way she was raising Caylee. I just can't believe people can form such a negative opinion about another person without absolutely and reason.
i would guess their own mother daughter issues prompt them to say that---many women out there have parent issues but do not MURDER to resolve them

Old 07-09-2011, 01:30 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,903 times

YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Jailhouse Letters Released‬‏

Old 07-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm happy Casey declined the visit. Cindy is quite obviously at the root of Casey's issues. I sincerely hope this is a tiny step towards cutting her and George out of Casey's life for good.

WTF should Casey show gratitude towards Cindy? Cindy did it for Cindy because Cindy has serious emotional issues herself.

Yes, it is so obvious Cindy, who goes to work , puts a roof over her daughters head, fed her and didn't kick her daughter out , it is ALL HER FAULT...

Now Casey, who is able bodied and could work , lied about working , lied about the whereabouts of her daughter, she is as pure as the driven snow.

Cindy is better off without this devil of a daughter in her life. It is sad Cindy will not abandon her daughter even though Casey is a habitual liar and murderer.

Too bad Casey didn't have the love for her daughter as Cindy has for Casey.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:48 PM

299 posts, read 1,132,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post

I can back this up. Casey's ex fiance said there was an incident one day where they were sitting on the couch watching a movie and her mom started to attack Casey and tell Casey "when are you going to pay back the money you owe me from the hospital.. Casey didn't want to talk about it in front of her fiance but Cindy kept pushing until she stood up and pointed at the her and the Fiance and said "why would you want to marry someone like her? She doesn't have an education, she can't even support her own daughter financially!!! How could you want to be with someone like that??? The fiance defended Casey but I think it's a small insight into what really goes on in that household. And it's been also been said by her fiance that Casey and her mother had a very rocky relationship.

I don't make this stuff up... just going off the big picture.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I can back this up. Casey's ex fiance said there was an incident one day where they were sitting on the couch watching a movie and her mom started to attack Casey and tell Casey "when are you going to pay back the money you owe me from the hospital.. Casey didn't want to talk about it in front of her fiance but Cindy kept pushing until she stood up and pointed at the her and the Fiance and said "why would you want to marry someone like her? She doesn't have an education, she can't even support her own daughter financially!!! How could you want to be with someone like that??? The fiance defended Casey but I think it's a small insight into what really goes on in that household. And it's been also been said by her fiance that Casey and her mother had a very rocky relationship.

I don't make this stuff up... just going off the big picture.
I was wondering, If Casey did not work for two years and lied about working, where did she get money? Maybe she told her mother the nanny got most of the money she earned or supposedly earned.

Who paid for the car expenses? Her clothes?etc.... I know Lee said watch out for Casey to the guys around in regards to using guys to get money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime