Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 05:15 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,513,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Schizophrenics ARE violent. Without taking medication, they can be very unpredictable. What is scary about that diagnosis, is that they can lash out at anyone for any reason. Completely random.
I know. My uncle could attack anyone at any time without provocation. His delusions told him to. I don't remember much abut him other than the family was very afraid of him. We kids were kept at a safe distance when he was out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Whatever her problem is somewhere in her brain is an amazing ability to tell elaborate lies. How in the world can someone keep all those lies straight for years. Her imaginary friends she had the ability to add relatives, physical descriptions, where they worked. How does one keep all that false info straight?

She lied over and over to law enforcement, her parents, her brother, her real people friends. Not just a simple little 'white lie' but long details. Is Casey a pathological, compulsive, chronic, or habitual liar?

This started long before Caylee was born evidenced by her quitting school and not telling her parents until two days before she was suppose to graduate and probably the lying started earlier than high school.
I have a step son who can do this. He'd make a great salesman. The psychiatrists who worked with him when he was young told us he does not have a conscience or a sense of morality. Right and wrong are defined by what get him what he wants. Fortunately, he's classified as non violent. He derives no pleasure from hurting others but I wouln't get in his way. People wonder why we don't go out of our way to see him. He's charming when you meet him and can keep the lies going for a long, long time before you start to sense something is not right. We've given up trying to tell people. They take his side (it helps that he could have posed for the Adonis...I swear, pretty people can do anything in our society and get a slap on the wrist...) until they figure out, MANY MOONS LATER that he was just using them. Then they're mad at us for not warning them...sigh...we can't win here...

Old 07-21-2011, 07:08 PM

26,696 posts, read 26,756,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Schizophrenics ARE violent.
"People with schizophrenia are far more likely to harm themselves than be violent toward the public. Violence is not a symptom of schizophrenia..." Schizophrenia.com - Crime, Poverty Violence

Old 07-21-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
If people are curious to understand Casey's behavior then I recommend reading this book-
Great book. I read it a couple of years ago after reading about it on this forum.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"People with schizophrenia are far more likely to harm themselves than be violent toward the public. Violence is not a symptom of schizophrenia..." Schizophrenia.com - Crime, Poverty Violence
Gee, THAT explains the broken nose my uncle gave my mom.... How much time have you spent around schizophrenics???? Trust me, when not handled with kid gloves, they can be violent.

However, this thread is about CA and she is neither schizophrenic or a psychopath so this discussion needs to end. It serves no purpose. I simply made a comment that I understand when mental illness results in delusions and that's it. I wouldn't buy any other diagnosis as an excuse. Certainly not Asperger's....

Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
How much time have you spent around schizophrenics???? Trust me, when not handled with kid gloves, they can be violent.
Both my cousin and the sister of a close friend are schizophrenic...neither would harm a flea, although each has plenty of other problems. Anyway, I'm quoting from an article with references from the American Psychiatric Association and not extrapolating from personal experience.

But I agree that Anthony does not have Asbergers (and that this thread probably belongs on a different forum).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime