Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:58 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
i am constantly amazed when i hear about a person such as casey anthony, who is a high school drop out, musing about becoming a lawyer.

this is typical of her disconnect between reality and fantasy, how she would like to be perceived and what she really is able to do. I do not think that she is stupid, just lazy, self indulgent and disinterested in anything where she is not the center of attraction.

She was never an average student much less a diligent one! I truly wonder if the woman has ever read a book!

Let's see her make it through english composition, and all of those other tedious "101" requirements people need to take in their first year of community college.
She is not a hs grad so cc is really her only choice. And exactly how would she get through school? Imo - not gonna happen!
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 03:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I will certainly make sure that my lawyer doesn't accept you as a juror in case I commit some crime and have to be tried. You tried and convicted that woman before the jurors even heard the case and I don't need any jurors who do like that.
You just said you committed the crime, so you are guilty. No jury trial necessary. Save the taxpayers, and man up to a guilty plea.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I heard on tv that Baez used to sell bikinis online....that is probably why the female inmates like him so much...which lawyer can help you to get nice bikinis as well as some legal advise...

In Holland there was a kidnapper who turned into a murderer when he murdered Gerrit-Jan Heyn the brother of the famous grocery mogul (Albertson, Albert Heyn). The killer studied Law in prison while sitting out the 13 years he had to spend for the murder since that is what a "life sentence" is in Holland after "good behavior" time is deducted " from the 21 yrs that is given for murder over there...

The tax layers paid for his study and on top of that he kept receiving welfare while in prison, ending up with over $ 300 K when he was released....I guess Karma took care of him when he died being hid on his bike by a car....nobody cared that his life ended that way...the killer had the rudeness to shop at the victims family grocery stores after being released...!
There's your problem right there.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:48 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Well, she is the liar of all liars so being a defense attorney would be her high calling in my opinion.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:28 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Well, she is the liar of all liars so being a defense attorney would be her high calling in my opinion.
I wonder who would hire her to defend them? Being able to lie is one thing. You need to be able to lie convincingly to be a lawyer. She may lie but she doesn't do so convincingly. Come on. "The baby sitter kidnapped her 30 days ago and I didn't bother to call the police?". We had a baby sitter try to kidnap my little sister and they had police mobilized in three states within hours. They stopped them two states away and returned her before nightfall. This is not a convincing lie. You have to be able to lie convincingly to be a lawyer. This is why I could never be one. I couldn't defend a client unless I believed they were innocent.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I wonder who would hire her to defend them? Being able to lie is one thing. You need to be able to lie convincingly to be a lawyer. She may lie but she doesn't do so convincingly. Come on. "The baby sitter kidnapped her 30 days ago and I didn't bother to call the police?". We had a baby sitter try to kidnap my little sister and they had police mobilized in three states within hours. They stopped them two states away and returned her before nightfall. This is not a convincing lie. You have to be able to lie convincingly to be a lawyer. This is why I could never be one. I couldn't defend a client unless I believed they were innocent.
Look at the 3 lies that Baez told, George Anthony who adored his grand daughter, bagged her body and threw it in a dump site. Molested his daughter every night with COMRAD Cindy in the next room.
Lee Anthony was "after" his sister too.
Roy Kronk went down with the rattlesnakes, took the body, hid the body for 4 months, went back down with the rattlesnakes, put it back. Even though there were vines and plants growing through and all around the little girls skull.
Now those were not very good lies but they got her off.
Casey is all about sticking to her lie, that may be the trick.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:51 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
"Jasper12 wants to be a Ballerina"

That is not going to happen. And Casey Anthony is not going to be a lawyer either.

I used to have low functioning (IQ around 70) come to me and say that they wanted to be truck drivers, and eventually, they would get a job, unloading trucks. So, maybe Casey will work in the field, but I doubt as a lawyer.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:30 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,927,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This is impressive. At least she doesn't want to become a reality star.

Casey Anthony wants to become lawyer, attorney Cheney Mason says | wtsp.com

she would be perfect! Lawyers lie and CA is a liar.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:42 PM

454 posts, read 596,351 times
She would make a great lawyer she lies so well

Old 07-24-2011, 08:52 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,387 times
The hilarious part is I have a bachelors and am applying to law school now.

If she is pushed through faster than I am, I may just say "screw it" and move to Belgium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime