Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:51 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,663,081 times

Advertisements

I will watch when she comes on to tell us WHY she killed Caylee.
When she tells us what it felt like to drive around with her daughters body decomposing in the trunk of her car.
When she tells us what she was thinking and feeling as she stuffed her daughter into the garbage bag.
What it felt like to take Caylee's body and throw it into a swamp then drive off.
The true relationship she had with her domineering mother, how she really felt about her and what is was really like to grow up in that household.
When she tells us her true feelings about Caylee instead of filling our screens with the "smiling fun pictures" that she posed for.
When she tells us all about that snarling, angry Casey with clinched teeth that we saw when she didn't think we could see.
But that will never happen and that is why I won't watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,607,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
When she tells us what it felt like to drive around with her daughters body decomposing in the trunk of her car.
When she tells us what she was thinking and feeling as she stuffed her daughter into the garbage bag.
What it felt like to take Caylee's body and throw it into a swamp then drive off.
The true relationship she had with her domineering mother, how she really felt about her and what is was really like to grow up in that household.
When she tells us her true feelings about Caylee instead of filling our screens with the "smiling fun pictures" that she posed for.
I'm really not interested in her excuses. I just want to see her admit she killed her daughter. After that, if I never hear her name again, I don't care.

Those smiling fun pictures are part of the ruse. It's all about appearances with her. What is real doesn't matter. Caylee never mattered. Casey is the only one who matters to Casey. I really don't care what life was like with Cindy Anthony. She didn't kill her daughter, stuff her in a trash bag, drive around with the body in the trunk and then throw her out like trash in the swamp to rot. I'm not really sure why Cindy Anthony is being villified here. Yes, she raised a spoiled brat but how could any mother know that her spoiled brat daughter would kill her granddaughter?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:08 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,663,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'm really not interested in her excuses. I just want to see her admit she killed her daughter. After that, if I never hear her name again, I don't care.

Those smiling fun pictures are part of the ruse. It's all about appearances with her. What is real doesn't matter. Caylee never mattered. Casey is the only one who matters to Casey. I really don't care what life was like with Cindy Anthony. She didn't kill her daughter, stuff her in a trash bag, drive around with the body in the trunk and then throw her out like trash in the swamp to rot. I'm not really sure why Cindy Anthony is being villified here. Yes, she raised a spoiled brat but how could any mother know that her spoiled brat daughter would kill her granddaughter?
I know.
Its just that I have always wondered how the monsters got that way.
I don't think they were born that way and can't help but wonder what went wrong.
I want to know how they can do the things they do, does it bother them even a little bit.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
I know.
Its just that I have always wondered how the monsters got that way.
I don't think they were born that way and can't help but wonder what went wrong.
I want to know how they can do the things they do, does it bother them even a little bit.
I'm not convinced they "got that way". Maybe they were born that way or they chose to be that way.

As a parent, I really took to heart the idea that we form our children's personalities in the first 5 years but as I look at my dd's now I can see, clearly, that their personalities were present in the delivery room. In spite of having the same parents and growing up in the same household, they are turning out to be totally different individuals because they were born different and because they have made different choices along the way.

Sometimes, I think monsters will themselves into being. I'm reminded of an email that was floating around the internet several years ago. (Not PC but not intended to offend anyone as it is just good advice). There is an old indian talking to his grandson and he is telling him that inside every human being a battle is going on between an evil wolf and a good wolf. The grandson thinks about this and asks "Which wolf wins?" and the grandfather answers "The one you feed.".

I think people like Casey Anthony fed the wrong wolf and the more you feed it the stronger it gets and the more it demands. I see my older daughter feeding the wrong wolf all the time. That's why she's in therapy and kept away from family who encourage her to feed the wrong wolf. Did I raise her wrong and make her this way? While there are things I would have done differently if I knew then what I know now, I didn't know then what I know now so, no, I didn't make her this way. I will try and help her develop into a more positive person but she is growing up to be who she was born to be and who she is making decisions to be. I can only guide. She decides.

PS - I'm not comparing my dd to Casey Anthony. I'm simply saying that kids don't necessarily grow up to be who their parents want them to be. They, often, turn out to be a combination of who they are genetically predisposed to be and who they choose to be when they choose which wolf to feed. Because genetics is inherited, you'll often see traits similar to other family members and that can make you think they are learned traits when they are not (case in point: My dd bites her tongue when she's thinking like her grandfather did. People who notice her doing this think she picked it up from him but she didn't because she spent very little time around him. She's done this since she was a very small baby. She's deep in thought when the tongue comes out.).

Seriously, the major components of my dds' personalities were there in the delivery room. Dd#1 was born screaming and hasn't stopped. Dd#2 just looked around the room and took it all in. Dd#1 gets upset over every little thing and sees slights and insults where others dont'. Dd#2 just goes with the flow and enjoys life. Needless to say, dd#1 hates dd#2. She sees everything as coming easily to her. I used to think parents had a hand in forming children's personalities. Then I had TWO of my own who are turning out to be polar opposites and realized I am just along for the ride.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 08-01-2011 at 05:40 AM..

Old 08-02-2011, 11:38 AM

33,598 posts, read 18,239,672 times
Quote:
When she tells us all about that snarling, angry Casey with clinched teeth that we saw when she didn't think we could see.
But that will never happen and that is why I won't watch.
Casey maybe a really sick passive aggressive meaning she killed Caylee to get back at her mother.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,617,929 times
Quote:
But she was found to not have mental problems.

They found her "competent", she knows right from wrong, meaning she wasn't delusional. The one MD interview I saw expressed the immaturity and inappropriate responses.

The "maturity theory", lets her off the hook so to speak, for now. In other words, she may have fit the criteria for sociopathic behavior.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,634,924 times
Quote:
It's time to fight back. Go to the network home pages and send an email declaring that you will refuse to watch any network tha airs these interivews and refuse to do business with any advertisers who advertise during said interviews. I have promised to record the interview so I can note all adversisers and refuse to do business with anyone who allows this woman to make one dime off of the back of her dead daughter. I urge you to do the same.
Yea, like that will work.

I hear she's been offered half a mil to pose in Hustler. And guys, be sure to swear to everyone that if anyone posts nude pics of her, you'll boycott that magazine.

.....even though half of you will rush out to buy it.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
Yea, like that will work.

I hear she's been offered half a mil to pose in Hustler. And guys, be sure to swear to everyone that if anyone posts nude pics of her, you'll boycott that magazine.

.....even though half of you will rush out to buy it.
It will if people do it and won't if they don't bother.

We have a choice to make.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
They found her "competent", she knows right from wrong, meaning she wasn't delusional. The one MD interview I saw expressed the immaturity and inappropriate responses.

The "maturity theory", lets her off the hook so to speak, for now. In other words, she may have fit the criteria for sociopathic behavior.
If she understood right from wrong she is NOT off the hook.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:30 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,634,924 times
Quote:
It will if people do it and won't if they don't bother.

We have a choice to make.
This is very true. But I'd lay odds of at least 1000 to 1, that I'm correct. Just human nature. And then lie about it, of course. I mean, we always "do the right thing".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime