Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 01:33 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,583 times

Advertisements

Volunteering does not satisfy a mans SEXUAL NEEDS. Dig it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 04:08 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I personally think that anyone who trolls for sex with strangers has a low moral character. There have got to be better things to do with your time. It is just so desperate and seedy.

How about doing something good to better yourself and others?

How about developing that "awkward personality" into a pleasing personality, for starters!
You fail to understand how sex and relationships work in America then. If you are a low status male then the vast majority of attractive women in America are not interested in you. I have an athletic build, a great personality, and I am not attracted to overweight women...yet because I have no power or status and I'm not rich only overweight women are interested in me. Men need sex with women they are physically attracted to. If you want to change all of this...change how women view men in our country. Otherwise...if I can or have to pay to have sex with a woman that I think is hot, I will do it.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
You fail to understand how sex and relationships work in America then. If you are a low status male then the vast majority of attractive women in America are not interested in you. I have an athletic build, a great personality, and I am not attracted to overweight women...yet because I have no power or status and I'm not rich only overweight women are interested in me. Men need sex with women they are physically attracted to. If you want to change all of this...change how women view men in our country. Otherwise...if I can or have to pay to have sex with a woman that I think is hot, I will do it.
You're definitely a more cynical person than I am.

However, I do generally agree with the notion that who one is able to date and form a relationship with generally depends on status. I've been married for 26 years and one thing I'm grateful for is not having to be part of the whole "dating scene". I didn't care for it when I was in high school/college and I suspect I'd care for it even less now. People are often unkind and even cruel at times. I know my wife didn't care for dating any more than I did.

I haven't seen statistics on the percentage of men vs. the percentage of women who favor legalizing prostitution. I suspect that a higher percentage of women oppose legalization than men do. I think for many women it just hits too close to home. We all see some marriages and some relationships out there that in some ways resemble prostitution. I think of the wealthy old millionaire who marries a woman 30 years younger than himself. We have phrases in our society like "gold digger" or "fortune hunter" to describe these kinds of people. (How many people out there are really sorry that Anna Nicole Smith is dead?)

Society over the years developed complicated rules for courtship and marriage (particularly among the higher socio-economic groups). I'm thinking of expensive church weddings, long engagements prior to marriage, and in the olden days, chaperoned dating. I suspect the real reason most of these rituals exist was to put some distance between the institution of marriage and sex which is simply paid for.

Until I had a daughter, I don't think prostitution bothered me. I think much of my opposition to prostitution is no greater than "I wouldn't want my daughter to do that". Of course, if that's the case isn't it hypocritical to think its ok if other men's daughters do that?

I admit that I have very ambivalent feelings about legalizing prostitution. One part of me says that if adults want to do it, than let them. Another part of me tells me that it will lead to more exploitation and more degradation of vulnerable people who are unable to protect themselves. Heaven knows, we certainly allow a lot of exploitation of vulnerable people in this country.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:09 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'm in my 30's, never owned a vehicle and never particularly cared to. That alone narrows the field considerably before we get into any other issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime