Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,059,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
It was on the news this evening here in Central Florida. She will get a six figure advance. Per the link below, she cannot go out and do book signings, so she will have a ghost writer.

Sources: Casey Anthony has inked a multi-media deal, 6 figure cash advance - Los Angeles LA | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-angeles/sources-casey-anthony-has-inked-a-multi-media-deal-6-figuure-cash-advance - broken link)

Also per the link, Caylee's father is alive.

Will you read the book?
I'll wait for the movie ... and not buy THAT either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 11:39 AM

50,439 posts, read 64,242,361 times
If she's a liar in person, who thinks she will say anything truthful in a book?
I would not read it.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:16 PM

5,341 posts, read 8,571,104 times
what on earth could anyone expect to read in this book?

I mean seriously, what could Casey Anthony say that would mean anything at all? Her two basic options are to a) spin more lies, or b) admit her knowledge of and/or role in Caylee's death.

Either one should **** off anyone with more than 2 brain cells.

Who would spend their money on this drivel?

Old 08-16-2011, 01:09 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,852,356 times
Amazing. You know I've always been one of those "innocent until proven guilty people" and I still go by that, but that kind of cash advance for someone whose probably never even written anything before? Seems kind of wrong. Maybe it's just me...

Old 08-16-2011, 01:27 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,828,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
It was on the news this evening here in Central Florida. She will get a six figure advance. Per the link below, she cannot go out and do book signings, so she will have a ghost writer.

Sources: Casey Anthony has inked a multi-media deal, 6 figure cash advance - Los Angeles LA | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-angeles/sources-casey-anthony-has-inked-a-multi-media-deal-6-figuure-cash-advance - broken link)

Also per the link, Caylee's father is alive.

Will you read the book?
I didn't read Greenspan's book because he didn't write it and I'm sure that there is nothing of value, nothing controversial and nothing interesting between the covers. Why participate in a publisher's payday and a royatly owner's retirement account for no reason?

Casey Anthony is a very poor communicator. She couldn't focus on her child, how can she focus on a book? She's not going to write it, it isn't going to be true and the entire text will be approved by a team of lawyers to prevent any sort of legal exposure. I would quite literally rather spend that time reading the manuals to the machinery in a paperclip factory. Some slick sees an opportunity to get you, along with hundreds of thousands of other people with varying levels of obsession over the fiasco that was the tot-mom trial, to toss twenty of your hard earned dollars into a giant pot thereby making some rich people that you have never seen or heard of even richer. They'll toss a couple of peanuts to Casey as well, of course, but her real money isn't going to manifest until she sells the rights to her sex tape. By then she'll be a little more savvy about negotiating royalties.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:29 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,828,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Amazing. You know I've always been one of those "innocent until proven guilty people" and I still go by that, but that kind of cash advance for someone whose probably never even written anything before? Seems kind of wrong. Maybe it's just me...
She's getting ripped off. She owns the intellectual property rights to a franchise that is worth hundreds of millions. She'll see a tiny fraction of that.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:48 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,395,091 times
INFURIATING!!!!!!

Here I am busting my ass to save up money so I can have a child and this baby killer is handed 6 effing figures!!!!!

T&#&^@)#*&^&*$^#$&*^#)&#

Old 08-16-2011, 02:45 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,098,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I won't waste a penny on it. If no one buys the book, maybe they'll learn a lesson.

I, for one, will be sending a nasty gram to the publisher just as soon as they are identified. Not only will I not buy this book, I will not buy any other book they publish either.
ditto!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:48 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,098,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Possibly. I would either buy it on Nook (because they are cheaper than paper) or get it at the library.
i would hope local libraries would have more sense than to purchase it

Old 08-16-2011, 02:54 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,357,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I won't waste a penny on it. If no one buys the book, maybe they'll learn a lesson.

I, for one, will be sending a nasty gram to the publisher just as soon as they are identified. Not only will I not buy this book, I will not buy any other book they publish either.
Same here. And no, I do not want to read her pack of lies. I hope identifying the (still alive) father backfires on this skank and he sues her civilly for Caylee's death like the Goldmans sued OJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime