Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
[

Quote:
Honestly.... I thought Roy Kronk told the truth despite his sons testimony.
But bodies don't appear and disappear unless they've been moved. With RK the only motivation would be money.
Yes but the reward was being offered when he made his first call, so he wouldn't have had any motivation to take the remains and sit on them for months on end, it just doesn't add up.

Quote:
Let me hear your theory..........
My theory on Kronk? Well, I think things happened exactly as he said they did. He likely saw something suspicious { or what he percieved to be suspicious, commonly refered to as a busy body } and called 911 thinking they would handle things from there. Now, he didnt make this call til later on in the night, which makes perfect sense because thats when he woul;d have been alone with his thoughts and reflected upon the days happenings. Remember, there was a distraction with the whole Dead snake thing. When he was at that location the next day, he had noticed the object again, and called again.On the third call, when they finaly sent the investigator out, he proceeded to curse Kronk and he probly thought "the hell with it, It's probly nothing anyway." Several months passed, and in December, he likely happened upon this location again, and again, saw the strange object, but this time, it was dry enough to walk in, and thats when he made the discovery.

So, you tell me, which sounds more plausable, the above? Or the defenses position? Writings on the wall as far as I'm concerned. As far as the money is concerned, why shouldn't he have collected? The reward was offered. Are we going to start suspecting anyone who claims a reward now?

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-09-2011 at 05:25 PM..

Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Heres an article I pulled up. Look at the highlighted.

.Where were the remains before December 11, and should persistent meter reader Roy Kronk be questioned or rewarded? Mr. Kronk’s lawyer, David Evans, is now saying his client, the meter reader, should get the reward money form Crimeline. Here we go again is it about the money? However, the much more serious question is what did Kronk see at the site where the remains were found that everyone else missed during multiple searches.

]Roy Kronk made two calls to the Orange County Sheriff’s dispatch center and one call to another line. These calls by Kronk were made on consecutive days of August 11, 12, and 13, stating that in a swamp near the home of George and Cindy Anthony he had seen something suspicious by a tree that was down, that looked white. On August 11 and 13 the Orange County Sheriff Dept. sent deputies to look at and walk with Kronk in the area he was reporting. In the audio tapes released, it appears that Kronk was apparently very familiar with the area..

.Sheriff Beary said this area was “known” to us, but was flooded in early searches. According to officials from the Orange County Sheriff’s office in Florida the proximity of its discovery, 1200 feet, to the grandparents’ home has drawn growing attention from the media and law enforcement officials. Has the Sheriff’s department changed their account of searching the area, allegedly in first statements released right after December 11, of the area being under water, to now saying that the area had been searched by cadaver dogs and cleared.. So what did Roy Kronk see that the investigators missed? What was it that made him call 3 times in August and then follow up his own lead by going back to the same area on December 11, four months later?[/.

.The area less than a half-mile from the Anthony home where Casey Anthony lived with her daughter Caylee seems to be drawing contradictory accounts of that area and when it was first searched. Neighborhood groups said the area had not only been well searched by people but also by deputies with cadaver dogs. On Saturday, December 13, Michelle Bart, the family’s previous spokesperson, had said to News 13, “The family is suspicious of the circumstances leading to the findings. “It’s been searched dry, it’s been searched wet, it’s been searched in between. It’s been searched over by Tim Miller [of Texas EquuSearch] twice, who we hold in high regards with his professional organization.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Heres an article I pulled up. Look at the highlighted.

.Where were the remains before December 11, and should persistent meter reader Roy Kronk be questioned or rewarded? Mr. Kronk’s lawyer, David Evans, is now saying his client, the meter reader, should get the reward money form Crimeline. Here we go again is it about the money? However, the much more serious question is what did Kronk see at the site where the remains were found that everyone else missed during multiple searches.

]Roy Kronk made two calls to the Orange County Sheriff’s dispatch center and one call to another line. These calls by Kronk were made on consecutive days of August 11, 12, and 13, stating that in a swamp near the home of George and Cindy Anthony he had seen something suspicious by a tree that was down, that looked white. On August 11 and 13 the Orange County Sheriff Dept. sent deputies to look at and walk with Kronk in the area he was reporting. In the audio tapes released, it appears that Kronk was apparently very familiar with the area..

.Sheriff Beary said this area was “known” to us, but was flooded in early searches. According to officials from the Orange County Sheriff’s office in Florida the proximity of its discovery, 1200 feet, to the grandparents’ home has drawn growing attention from the media and law enforcement officials. Has the Sheriff’s department changed their account of searching the area, allegedly in first statements released right after December 11, of the area being under water, to now saying that the area had been searched by cadaver dogs and cleared.. So what did Roy Kronk see that the investigators missed? What was it that made him call 3 times in August and then follow up his own lead by going back to the same area on December 11, four months later?[/.

.The area less than a half-mile from the Anthony home where Casey Anthony lived with her daughter Caylee seems to be drawing contradictory accounts of that area and when it was first searched. Neighborhood groups said the area had not only been well searched by people but also by deputies with cadaver dogs. On Saturday, December 13, Michelle Bart, the family’s previous spokesperson, had said to News 13, “The family is suspicious of the circumstances leading to the findings. “It’s been searched dry, it’s been searched wet, it’s been searched in between. It’s been searched over by Tim Miller [of Texas EquuSearch] twice, who we hold in high regards with his professional organization.
You have still failed to answer the 1,000,000 dollar question. Being that a reward was being offered when he made his first, second, and third call, what incentive would he have had to take the body home? The answer is.....none. This is not even considering the fact that the duct tape used was a rare brand, a limited brand, and one that the Anthony's were known to have in their house. Could Roy Kronk have had that brand of tape? Sure. But it's a long shot.

When you can answer what the motive would have been to take the body home, then you MIGHT have something. Until then, there is no reason to believe he had taken it anywhere.

Something else you might want to take a shot at answering is.....why weren't Kronk's finger prints on the tape if he was the one who applied it? You see? Things just don't add up.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You have still failed to answer the 1,000,000 dollar question. Being that a reward was being offered when he made his first, second, and third call, what incentive would he have had to take the body home? The answer is.....none. This is not even considering the fact that the duct tape used was a rare brand, a limited brand, and one that the Anthony's were known to have in their house. Could Roy Kronk have had that brand of tape? Sure. But it's a long shot.

When you can answer what the motive would have been to take the body home, then you MIGHT have something. Until then, there is no reason to believe he had taken it anywhere.

Something else you might want to take a shot at answering is.....why weren't Kronk's finger prints on the tape if he was the one who applied it? You see? Things just don't add up.
We know where the duct tape came from and that Roy Kronk says he poked the bag with his meter stick. You missed the reason for the post. Read the part where Roy Kronk went along with the investigators and were unable to locate the body. If it wasn't Roy Kronk, then who?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
We know where the duct tape came from and that Roy Kronk says he poked the bag with his meter stick. You missed the reason for the post. Read the part where Roy Kronk went along with the investigators and were unable to locate the body. If it wasn't Roy Kronk, then who?
Yes they missed the body apparently. That doesn't quite mean that it wasn't there or that someone took it. I don't know how many times Ive struggled to find my keys and they were laying right under my nose let alone searching for something in a swampy wooded area.

Don't forget, that area was being used as a dump. There were several bags of trash laying around. It's not hard at all for me to believe that the body was overlooked. It could have even been under water when investigators met Kronk out there for all we know.

And for that matter, IF Kronk had possesion of the body, why wouldn't he have just ended it right there and put it somewhere, and when they were walking around say "there it is" ???? Why hold on to it for 4 months? No matter which way you cut it, I just cant wrap my head around the motive for taking the body. It just isnt there. Also don't forget that on the 13th, when he placed his third call, the detcective slipped and fell, and then proceeded to "chew him out". So, I gather there wasnt much of a search going on that day after that.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Yes they missed the body apparently. That doesn't quite mean that it wasn't there or that someone took it. I don't know how many times Ive struggled to find my keys and they were laying right under my nose let alone searching for something in a swampy wooded area.

Don't forget, that area was being used as a dump. There were several bags of trash laying around. It's not hard at all for me to believe that the body was overlooked. It could have even been under water when investigators met Kronk out there for all we know.

And for that matter, IF Kronk had possesion of the body, why wouldn't he have just ended it right there and put it somewhere, and when they were walking around say "there it is" ???? Why hold on to it for 4 months? No matter which way you cut it, I just cant wrap my head around the motive for taking the body. It just isnt there. Also don't forget that on the 13th, when he placed his third call, the detcective slipped and fell, and then proceeded to "chew him out". So, I gather there wasnt much of a search going on that day after that.
Seriously, WHY would anyone take a decomposing body that had been dumped in a swamp???? We're to believe that Kronk is some kind of pervert who just happened opon a body and took it home to admire for 4 months????? And no one he lived around noticed the smell???? This is beyond belief.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:02 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I just think that Kronk is LUCKY that Casey dd not say that Caylee had been taken by a man...that guy would have been toasted.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:35 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
I think he saw something suspicious, didn't want to cause an uproar if he was wrong and didn't want to make a fool of himself so he thought about it the rest of the day and decided he better stick with this because he couldn't get it out of his mind. When the cop blasted him, he got angry and embarrassed.
As time went on and Caylee was not found he kept thinking about what he had seen. People were talking about a reward, he wanted the money and by this time probably hoping for it. You know like when you buy a lottery ticket and dream about how you will spend the money? He thought about it and decided to go back and check because the image he had seen would not leave his mind and he needed money.
He started out as an innocent bystander, was made to look like a fool and decided if he was right there was a lot of money to be made.
That is what I think happened.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Seriously, WHY would anyone take a decomposing body that had been dumped in a swamp???? We're to believe that Kronk is some kind of pervert who just happened opon a body and took it home to admire for 4 months????? And no one he lived around noticed the smell???? This is beyond belief.
Well, the body would have likey been skeletonized by the time he found it in Aug. so in all fairness there probly wouldn't have been a smell. But as for the rest of it? Yeah, totaly agreed! This is the kind of garbage being allowed in courtrooms today as a defense. What's scarier is the fact that some people believe it is plausable enough to have happened.

Hey, maybe Caylee put the tape on herself, wondered off to play in the woods, and a meteorite came down and hit her! If you believe the defenses theory then you should have no problem believing that that could have happened. It's ridiculous. Thats why they call it "reasonable" doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I just think that Kronk is LUCKY that Casey dd not say that Caylee had been taken by a man...that guy would have been toasted.
Maybe, but I don't think so. I think people would have still seen it for what it was.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-10-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Old 09-10-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Makes sense. December may not have been the only time he went back to check knowing what he had seen in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Good point. He'd be in prison awaiting his trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime