Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 07:22 PM

927 posts, read 969,902 times

Advertisements

yeah, this was definitely a strange call. I wonder why, haven't read everything yet on it, but it does seem very peculiar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 10:09 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Was she romantically involved with the billionaire?

She was a very beautiful woman, that's for sure.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:50 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
A leading pathologist has questioned an autopsy report that concluded that Rebecca Zahau, the woman found hanging at billionaire Jonah Shacknai’s mansion, had committed suicide.

Dr Cyril Wecht, who has consulted on high profile cases including the assassination of president John F Kennedy, the drug overdose of Elvis Presley and the alleged OJ Simpson murder, said a number of factors in the ruling did not add up.

Ms Zahau was found dead on July 13, hanging from a second-floor balcony at a historic mansion in suburban Coronado, California belonging to Mr Shacknai, whose son had a tragic fall two days earlier.

Suicide: Rebecca Zahau, right, was found hanging naked at Jonah Shacknai's mansion in Coronado, California

A copy of the autopsy shows that tape residue was found on the 32-year-old's legs and a T-shirt was discovered stuffed in her mouth - facts which were not disclosed when authorities gave a press conference on Friday to announce their findings.

While Dr Wecht stopped short of saying it was murder, he is not content to rule it a suicide. He thinks the report needs a lot more scrutiny.

Max was revealed to have broken his spinal chord in his fall, and was not breathing and had no pulse when he was found

'When you put all of this together, it just is bothersome' Dr Wecht told KFMB-AM. 'The manner of death I would have left as undetermined.' On the T-shirt, which was removed from her mouth by Mr Shacknai's brother Adam when he cut her down, Dr Wecht told KFMB-AM: 'What does she care for that? "Gee, I don't want to wake anybody up who may come to rescue me."

Jonah Shacknai's lover Rebecca Zahau was found with tape residue on her legs and a t-shirt stuffed in her mouth | Mail Online

Anyone who has followed this case closely realizes this was no suicide. Too bad they claim the evidence for murder isn't clear.....would you go to these depths, nude, tied up, dangling from a balcony, to kill yourself?
Lots of easier ways. I think the brother killed her...he was the only one home with her, the one to "find" her body....with the death of Max the contributing factor.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Question is - is he getting a pass because he is white and wealthy or because his lover was Chinese - or a combination of the two?

He is not a suspect, his brother is...

Old 03-05-2018, 09:45 AM

Hoping the civil suit succeeds....maybe some new clues will come to light in the future.

Shacknai apparently supports his brother, stating he is not going to fund the civil suit payments....he certainly was in a difficult spot, with his lover dead, thought to possibly be at the hands of his brother.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
yeah, this was definitely a strange call. I wonder why, haven't read everything yet on it, but it does seem very peculiar.

No clues to suggest murder, police claim...

Old 03-05-2018, 10:34 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Anyone who has followed this case closely realizes this was no suicide. Too bad they claim the evidence for murder isn't clear.....would you go to these depths, nude, tied up, dangling from a balcony, to kill yourself?
Lots of easier ways. I think the brother killed her...he was the only one home with her, the one to "find" her body....with the death of Max the contributing factor.

I'm with you !!

Old 03-05-2018, 03:43 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Civil trial resumes in death of Rebecca Zahau

During opening statements last week, an attorney for Zahau's family said Adam Shacknai hit Zahau over the head four times before binding her hands and feet, putting a noose around her neck and throwing her naked body off a second-story balcony.

An attorney for Adam Shacknai said no evidence supports the claim that Zahau was killed and four law enforcement agencies all agree Zahau's death was a suicide.

Civil trial resumes in death of Rebecca Zahau - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Pathologist Cyril Wecht performed Zahau's second autopsy when her body was exhumed in 2011.

Expert witness Dr. Cyril Wecht found Zahau had suffered four blows to the head and she had marks on her neck indicating strangulation, Greer said. It shows not only was she knocked unconscious, but she was strangled to death prior to hanging off the balcony.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox5sandi...n-suicide/amp/

Old 03-07-2018, 05:54 PM

5 posts, read 3,815 times
Generation Why did a podcast about this case and it fascinated me. I never thought she committed suicide. Hopefully the civil case will present what really happened and justice is served.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:24 PM

987 posts, read 779,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyAveryC View Post
Generation Why did a podcast about this case and it fascinated me. I never thought she committed suicide. Hopefully the civil case will present what really happened and justice is served.
Do you have a web link to the pod cast you mentioned? I would like to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime