Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 11:14 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Yes...can't remember the other name of 2nd book...been awhile since I read either.

What do think, virgode, about this case?

Dr Wechts opins are valuable...at the moment I'm on the fence, though.

Pari Zahau wouldn't be the first mom in denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 11:25 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
[quote=virgode;51268402]Dr Wechts opins are valuable...at the moment I'm on the fence, though.

Yes, he's been around and well respected for years...

Without evidence, obviously law enforcement etc. can prosecute no one....but, the circumstances are just so telling to me....

How would any woman know how to tie such knots? No way could I have done that...they showed how she could have tied behind her back but I just don't see it. The written message on the door appears to me to be done to throw law enforcement off the trail to a killer.

We haven't heard what the boyfriend said and felt about her being present when Max died...did he hold her responsible? What did he say to her about it?? What did he tell his brother about her and Max's death? Is there someway he could have influenced his family to take action, if he was outraged or if he felt she was guilty in some way...?

Really fascinating.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:37 AM

[quote=[B]greatblueheron;51268501][/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Dr Wechts opins are valuable...at the moment I'm on the fence, though.

Without evidence, obviously law enforcement etc. can prosecute no one....but, the circumstances are just so telling to me....

How would any woman know how to tie such knots? No way could I have done that...they showed how she could have tied behind her back but I just don't see it. The written message on the door appears to me to be done to throw law enforcement off the trail to a killer.

We haven't heard what the boyfriend said and felt about her being present when Max died...did he hold her responsible? What did he say to her about it?? What did he tell his brother about her and Max's death? Is there someway he could have influenced his family to take action, if he was outraged or if he felt she was guilty in some way...?

Really fascinating.
She had several phone calls and texts during the evening, with family after Jonah Shacknai called to report Max wasn't going to make it. I think he has a good idea on the meaning of the door message.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:44 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Dr Wechts opins are valuable...
I don't know about Wecht. He certainly screwed up on the JonBenet Ramsey case. And he was accused of criminal behavior a few years ago.

Pathologist Accused of Profiting From Office - The New York Times

Quote:
How would any woman know how to tie such knots? No way could I have done that...they showed how she could have tied behind her back but I just don't see it.
Agreed.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:48 AM

[quote=CA4Now;51268650]I don't know about Wecht. He certainly screwed up on the JonBenet Ramsey case. And he was accused of criminal behavior a few years ago.

Forgot about that case....

Old 03-10-2018, 12:02 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Forgot about that case....
Wecht was acquitted of the charges later, but apparently there are many who believe that he shouldn't have been.

"The original 84-count indictment was simplified to 41 charges for a jury that, nonetheless, couldn't reach a verdict in April 2008. Afterward, the original trial judge was booted off the case by an appeals court that felt the rancorous case needed "fresh eyes."

Prosecutors vowed to retry Wecht, and further pared the indictment to 14 counts. That gave Wecht's attorney's a second shot at getting evidence thrown out..."

Feds Drop All Charges Against Celebrity Coroner Dr. Cyril Wecht | Fox News

Old 03-10-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I don't know about Wecht. He certainly screwed up on the JonBenet Ramsey case. And he was accused of criminal behavior a few years ago.

Agreed.
Werent crminal charges against Wecht dropped.?

Civil trial testimony by mariner Lindsey Philpott.

The retired charter boat captain from Long Beach, who described himself as a forensic knot analyst, testified Wednesday in the wrongful death lawsuit against Adam Shacknai.

Expert mariner shows how knots tied on Rebecca Zahau
Under cross-examination from Shacknai attorney Dan Webb, though, Philpott acknowledged that both knots are simple and widely used.

Describing the overhand knot — the kind used to tie shoelaces — Philpott noted, “Children can do it, gorillas can do it, birds can do it, people of all kinds can do it.”

Webb also noticed that when Philpott finished tying up the mannequin’s ankles, the knots were not facing the same way as shown in an autopsy photo of Zahau’s body. Philpott agreed that his knots “are in the wrong place.”

Expert mariner shows how knots tied on Rebecca Zahau - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Old 03-10-2018, 12:41 PM

I saw that mariner on the tv special. The knots might be simple to HIM, but look involved to me...why would anyone go to such lengths when there are so many ways to kill yourself?

If she felt guilty, she could have jumped off the second floor to the marble floor... like Max fell...

Her family feels she'd never commit suicide. Think of your family members...you can pick out who would not do so and who might use this way to escape from emotional pain....as you have a clear picture of them in mind, as her family does...

I'm going on and on here....it's just so unbelievable to me, her going through all the know tying, the wiggling over to get herself off the balcony...she could have easily survived had the knots been done by a novice...how could she measure just how long the rope would need to be, to carry this off...? Etc etc

Anxiously waiting for the verdict....

Old 03-10-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Anxiously waiting for the verdict....
Same here.

According to ABC News 3/1

A jury will now be hearing the case, and a verdict is expected to be reached in a month.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:56 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
ok, in reading more about this, it does seem rather shady.

Some of the DNA evidence wasn't what I thought it was.

Attorney claims further analysis of evidence disproves Coronado mansion suicide | fox5sandiego.com

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...475433983.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime