Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 08:05 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times

Advertisements

Jumping in here...

Why oh why would she put a t-shirt ? in her mouth, as some sort of gag?
I just don't see someone committing suicide and doing this. jmo

I feel it's all too elaborate of a way to kill yourself.
The ropes, the gag, the knife insertion, then jumping off the balcony, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 12:50 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Below in the linked article, the only additional, new unread info coming to light through the civil suit.

LEs concentration was dna evidence; or the lack there-of. A consideration or two LE overlooked? This article says 'will testify', doesn't include cross examination to gravity and decapitation.

The distance from the balcony to the ground was 9 feet, the plaintiff's attorney said. Greer told jurors an expert will testify that when the strength of gravity and the force Zahau would've undergone at the bottom of the rope are taken into consideration, Zahauo would have been partially, if not totally, decapitated.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...475433983.html

Old 03-11-2018, 11:14 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Same here.

According to ABC News 3/1

A jury will now be hearing the case, and a verdict is expected to be reached in a month.

Thanks virgode...seems to me common sense is all it would take to convict but of course def atty would laugh...

Old 03-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Jumping in here...

Why oh why would she put a t-shirt ? in her mouth, as some sort of gag?
I just don't see someone committing suicide and doing this. jmo

I feel it's all too elaborate of a way to kill yourself.
The ropes, the gag, the knife insertion, then jumping off the balcony, etc.

I know...it's just all too ridiculous. Too much a grand display...suicidal people are not going to wildly exhibit all these numerous activities prior to killing themselves, IMO.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Below in the linked article, the only additional, new unread info coming to light through the civil suit.

LEs concentration was dna evidence; or the lack there-of. A consideration or two LE overlooked? This article says 'will testify', doesn't include cross examination to gravity and decapitation.

The distance from the balcony to the ground was 9 feet, the plaintiff's attorney said. Greer told jurors an expert will testify that when the strength of gravity and the force Zahau would've undergone at the bottom of the rope are taken into consideration, Zahauo would have been partially, if not totally, decapitated.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...475433983.html

I am beating this thread to pieces...

If there were no fingerprints of Adam S...then he wore gloves or wiped areas clean...he could of had Rebecca grip the paint cap in her hand to leave her prints instead. Why use the gag if you are killing yourself?

Where was Adam S going at 6:45am the morning he supposedly discovered her body?? Isn't that early if you are there to console your brother about his son? He was an expert at rope tying being a mariner....he was alone with her in the house, got so worked up about her being responsible about Max, hastily thought up his plot of strangulation and then cover up as suicide.....but missed the part where the weight of her body off the balcony would have moved the bed the rope was tied to more than only 7 inches...and would almost decapitate her. Although she was likely strangled, he placed the rag in her mouth in case she came to....

How am I doing so far?

How can the family wait another month for the results of the trial? I'm anxious on their behalf.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:05 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Sounds good to me!! ^^^^

Old 03-11-2018, 02:13 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
As I posted links before, people have committed suicide by hanging where they tied their wrists together and even gagged themselves.

That alone doesn't necessarily prove anything, especially considering that the knots on Rebecca's hands were loose enough for police to easily remove them.

It's the other evidence (and lack of) that is suspicious.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:21 PM

Oh, I know, just rambling....

Old 03-11-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I am beating this thread to pieces...

If there were no fingerprints of Adam S...then he wore gloves or wiped areas clean...he could of had Rebecca grip the paint cap in her hand to leave her prints instead. Why use the gag if you are killing yourself?

Where was Adam S going at 6:45am the morning he supposedly discovered her body?? Isn't that early if you are there to console your brother about his son? He was an expert at rope tying being a mariner....he was alone with her in the house, got so worked up about her being responsible about Max, hastily thought up his plot of strangulation and then cover up as suicide.....but missed the part where the weight of her body off the balcony would have moved the bed the rope was tied to more than only 7 inches...and would almost decapitate her. Although she was likely strangled, he placed the rag in her mouth in case she came to....

How am I doing so far?

How can the family wait another month for the results of the trial? I'm anxious on their behalf.

Cutting her down and CPR covers for his DNA on ropes. Decapitation from the force of her weight during the falls another aspect. He staged the entire hanging scene.

The tug boat captains a psychopath. I doubt this is his first and only crime. I'm convinced.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The WebSleuths forum folks think that this was labeled a suicide to avoid damaging the community reputation as largely free of crime. I tend to agree, very wealthy areas often do this with high profile murders.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime